1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Landslide -- Fleetwood Mac

More recently by the Dixie Chicks.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Or kidney thieves, which was the version I heard. T2 is on the board.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Man it looked just like the Batmobile

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

One Piece at a Time - Johnny Cash?

5. T2Bruno

Media:
    No.

Great big fins and painted steel
    Man it looked just like the Batmobile

Wow, no one even wants to try this. The song was a one of the hits this performer gained notoriety for -- and a Grammy for best new artist some years ago.

He was recently shot.

[ November 16, 2005, 15:49: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

My friend (I follow the rules ;) ) tells me that it's Jo Dee Messina - Silver Thunderbird

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Jo Dee is a not a "he" and she has never been shot (AFAIR).

But you're very close.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I have no idea. :confused: Need to call my friend again. At least the title is correct???

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    The artist was Marc Cohn -- he wrote 'Silver Thunderbird'

Your turn Undertaker.

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

And the shadows at the gate, they seemed to be alive
    Yeah the shadows at the gate, Alive

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

A mansion in darkness - King Diamond

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

:D Of course you're right. In fact I was hoping that you'll be the one to guess it :p

13. BOC

What do you see in your mind's eye?
    Is it the fate of mankind to die?
    Do you know or do you want to find the road
    Back to the light before the dawn?

14. BOC

It seems that this one has been tough even for the Undertaker.Anyway, it's "Road of the kings" by Manilla Road. This one is easier:

Walking side by side with death
    The devil mocks their every step
    The snow drives back the foot that’s slow
    The dogs of doom are howling more

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No Quarter - Zep

Softball . . .

16. BOC

Correct.

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If the silence takes you
    Then I hope it takes me too

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I can't know every metal song you know :p
    And just Undertaker, without "the". Just like with real names. You don't put "the" before a name ;)

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

dmc, can you give us a hint/new quote or do you want me to hijack the thread :p ?

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

We're In This Together N.I.N.?!?

You mean actual legal, given names....like "The Edge"? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.