1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry, this is an 80s song. It was number one in the USA in 1987.

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wow. I just Googled the lyrics and am proud to say that I had no clue! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!

3. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Me too. HB, it seems that the obscure eastern european thrash death rap metal bands are more popular in SP than the mainstream artists you are listening to :p .

4. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I googled it too. I admit that there are many mainstream artists from the 80's that deserve attention here but c'mon, how am I supposed to guess THAT?!

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Hey!I don't post rap metal lirycs! And my qoutes are not that obscure. And I rarly posted eastern european bands. Most of them were from England and USA. And it is not against the rules to post metal qoutes.
    And I think the board is open?
    EDIT: removed the quote.

[ July 25, 2005, 20:42: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The board is not open. HB can either give an answer and a new clue, give another hint or throw it open. There have been no guesses to which a response has not been given.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK - my post was obviously far too obscure, even though it was a number one song. I thought there might be more people who remembered corny 80s pop songs.

Someone else can have a go instead then.

8. BOC

This is a softball.

Father McKenzie writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear
    No one comes near
    Look at him working, darning his socks in the night when there’s nobody there
    What does he care?

9. Harbourboy

Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

10. BOC

Yep. Go on HB and please no obscure pop songs this time :p .

(Just kidding, post whatever you want, even lyrics by New Kids on the Block)

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think he has a "Tiffany" song queued up next ! :p

12. Harbourboy

"Remember when we said, girl, please don't go,
    and how I'd be loving you forever,
    taught you about hanging tough as long as you got the right stuff, didn't we, girls?"

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That sounds like you went and posted something from Tiffany or New Kids on the Block.

No idea.

14. Harbourboy

dmc - not sure that Tiffany would be singing about a girl like that.

15. dmc

Media:
    With that less-than-straightforward answer, I'm guessing New Kids on the Block. As I have no idea of any songs they've done, I'm stuck.

16. Harbourboy

Bah. I'm getting too much flak here. Can't handle it. Yes, it is New Kids on the Block, with their self congratulatory farewell song "Tonight".

dmc can have a go and see if he can please the masses with his song quote.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...as long as he sticks with metal, the masses should be pleased.

Perhaps we should make a non-metal song quote game. But then it might get highjacked by the Barbara Streisand/Barry Manilow crowd. (But then I had no clue about that last one either).

18. dmc

Media:
    No Streisand here. I'll dip into some pretty esoteric lyrics from a not-so-esoteric rock/prog band:

Ultimately they will become empty, mindless specters, stripped of will and soul.

Only their thirst for freedom, gives them hunger for vengeance.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

that may be a pretty good idea, I may actually know something there :D

You guys don't really tend to post lyrics of stuff I know. The last one was Freshmen by The Verve Pipe but I didn't see it fast enough :mad:

20. Harbourboy

I'm confused. Who's turn is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.