1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 8

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wasn't gone for the weekend, just in court. Anyway, my two solid Rush guys got it.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think BOC's lyrics are by The Who. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Punk and the Godfather by as Splunge already said The Who.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I shot a man in Reno,
    Just to watch him die.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Most definitely

8. Splunge

Media:
    I got it because I was wearing a black shirt today. :D

This isn't as generic as it might seem:

...we came in?

9. Splunge

Media:
    Hints:

The quote isn't actually part of the lyrics per se, but it's the very first line in the song. It's also a continuation of the last line from another song on the same album.

10. Splunge

Media:
    Still nothing? OK, last set of hints.

The song is from a very famous double album by a very famous British band.
    The song itself, while not famous, is nonetheless very well know to fans.
    The song is the first one on the allbum.
    "...we came in?" is a continuation of the last song on the album, which ended with "Isn't this where..."

If you people don't get the song now, then you're all pathetic and thus will be banished from this game. :p

11. BOC

"In the flesh" by Pink Floyd. I was led to this by the "very famous double album by a very famous British band" hint but I had to listen to the song to be sure, I didn't remember it at all.

12. Splunge

Media:
    I'm actually surprised this was so obscure. I figured at least a few people on the Boards would have known this one (and you were one of them, BOC).

Oh well, you got it anyway, and since you've saved everyone from banishment, you can proceed. :D

13. BOC

I think that this one will be very difficult, but since Splunge has opened the path, I will follow it :evil::D

Bad oats in town
    The word went out
    So my horse and me
    We left town

14. Splunge

Media:
    There's a difference between "very difficult" and "next to impossible". :p

I had a hard time even getting something to come up in google. But I can see how you (and probably only you) would have come up with this one. :p

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I had to Google it, too. I guess I'm not as big a fan as I thought.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For once, my daughter comes to the rescue with her childhood idolatry:

My Horse and Me - The Olsen Twins :bigeyes: XD

17. BOC

As those of you, who have googled it, already know it's "Gil Blanco County" by Stalk-Forrest Group, most widely known as Blue Oyster Cult. Now a real softball:

I could take you home on the midnight train again
    I could make an offer you can't refuse

18. Splunge

Media:
    Please define "softball". :p

19. BOC

It's indeed a softball and I'm realy surpised that nobody has got it yet. It's a big hit from a british hard rock band with a latin name. Few more lines:

Whatever you need
    Whatever you use
    Whatever you win
    Whatever you lose

20. Splunge

Media:
    :doh: Of course!

Puppy Love - Donny Osmond

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.