1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No problem, Chicken - and you're up next. :)

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Gah! How did I miss Chicken's post? :doh:

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought you were doing a Garry Shandling impersonation. :)

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haha, I thought Splunge was just rubbing it in to me since I had just done the same thing... matter of fact he still might be :p

And I know
    If she had me back again
    I would never make her sad.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul. I know it's been covered extensively by other bands and I seem to recall some kind of flap that the Yardbirds had ripped it off from some blues guy, but I'm pretty sure it was the Yardbirds that wrote it when they had Jeff Beck in the lineup.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yeah that's what I was going for. Great song.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you think I'll sit around while you chip away my brain,
    Listen I ain't foolin' and you'd better think again

9. Splunge

Media:
    Damn. I'm pretty sure it's "You've Got Another Think Coming".

Less sure on the band. Judas Priest?

10. dmc

Media:
    I thought it would be quick - you're up Splunge.

11. Splunge

Media:
    Changing it up a bit:

Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder
    Do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun

12. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

And I feel like I just got home
    And I feeeeeel....

Madonna - Ray of Light
    right?

13. Splunge

Media:
    Right. :)

14. Halasz Gems: 7/31

sweet deal... lets see here

Build me up, bring me down
    Just leave me out, you name dropper
    Stop tryin' to catch my eye
    I see you good, you forced faker
    Just make it easy, you're my enemy you fast talker.

15. Splunge

Media:
    William Hung - She Bangs

16. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Hahaha regretfully no...
    Think a little more artsy than that

HINT: Here's the Chorus

I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
    If I could stand up mean, for the things that I believe

EDIT: Okay, it was L.E.S. Artistes by Santogold
    Lets go with something hopefully easier?

For some reason I can't explain
    I know St. Peter won't call my name
    Never an honest word
    But that was when I ruled the world

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. dmc

Media:
    Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Next:

But you think that I can't see
    What kind of man you are
    If you're a man at all

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Let's give this a bump:

In the back of my Cadillac
    A wicked lady, sittin' by my side, sayin' "Where are we?"
    Stop at Third and Forty-Three, exit to the night
    It's gonna be ecstacy, this place was meant for me

19. dmc

Media:
    Sorry - you don't bump by posting new lyrics if the old ones haven't been guessed.

More lyrics from the song (which is on a movie soundtrack - I didn't see the movie, as I am definitely not in its intended demographic by age or gender, but it may still be in theaters now).

How did we get here,
    when I used to know you so well?
    How did we get here?
    Well I think I know.

It's the chorus of the song.

20. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sorry man. I thought 10 days was enough. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.