1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Song Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No worries - I would have posted the additional clue earlier had I remembered that I posted the last lyrics in the thread.

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I got it!

Cher - Half Breed

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nope - it's Decode by Paramore. Next IJ can have it.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yours was just too tough...

Hey little girl is your daddy home?
    Did he go away and leave you all alone?

5. dmc

Media:
    I'm on Fire, Bruce Springsteen

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Try to go easier on us this next time....

Your turn dmc.

7. dmc

Media:
    I usually post the last song I can remember hearing on the radio. They're overplaying Paramore like crazy right now.

We had no home front, we had no soft soap
    They sent us Playboy, they gave us Bob Hope

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Billy Joel's classic Vietnam War critique, Goodnight Saigon. I love that song.

9. dmc

Media:
    Yup. I knew I could safely drop back a couple of decades to get one that would be guessed correctly.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK, here's one of LKD's all time favorites:

Don't say words you're gonna regret
    Don't let the fire rush to your head
    I've heard the accusation before
    And I ain't gonna take any more

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    I have that album -- and yes I mean actual vinyl.

Alan Parsons Project -- Eye in the Sky

12. dmc

Media:
    Me too. Was very big when I was in high school.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Correct - I was gonna post one of their rarer songs but decided against it.

14. T2Bruno

Media:
    She's been lookin' like a queen in a sailor's dream
    And she don't always say what she really means

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Gordon freaking Lightfoot -- Sundown.

You'd better take care!

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn LKD.

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Another in a series of LKD favorites:

. . . One that won't spill
    One that don't cost too much
    Or come in a pill.

18. dmc

Media:
    Huey Lewis and the News - I Want a New Drug

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Another band I wanted to put in a rare song for but thought it wouldn't be fair. You're up, DMC.

20. dmc

Media:
    Somewhere out of a memory
    Of lighted streets on quiet nights

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.