1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

@Faragon

The Taluntain sword can be bought... With 500000 Gold :evil:

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

On greeting Tal, he could say along the lines of, "Welcome to Taluntain's store. Make sure you read my rules before attempting to purchase items. I will frown upon one word answers, unnecessary rudeness and random babbling, unless i say otherwise. These are my rules. Adhere or leave now. I don't get paid to run this place and all items you see before you are paid for by donations made from other stores - make sure you mention my name when buying from other stores.
    Now, how may i help you?"

3. Taza

A little note:

I will make "Member items" as in "Eze, the angst katana", not in as "Faragon's companion".

So, more like Lilacor descriptions are needed.

So, Beren, start doing descriptions. Now.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Wow! That katana description rocks! :p

Dualwielding the Angst Katana and Secondhand? :p

How about adding a barmaid named Mystra to whatevr place it is that you set the mod into? :D

(Let go of my arm, Legolas, I can'tt typee prohferlyy)

5. Taza

Okay then, you can submit your weapons in style "this sword belonged to", but Gothmog4230's katana is a perfect example of a non-valid description.

Other items are good too...

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So, you saying that Gothmog's sword isn't possible, or that it needs a proper description??

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, Taza did say "Non-valid description" so I'm guessing it's the description that's the problem :D

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice! Quite some cool weapons sofar! Gave me quite the inspiration for making some myself. My English, though, is quite lacking, so I will leave the description to Faragon. :evil:

There is creativity within you, I sense it! You can do it, ol' buddy, ol' pal!

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    I'd try to make up a nice weapon, but lack the inspiration...

Beren? :D

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Master of Nuhn,

I'll try to think of something, but I need to know a little more.

As the Priest King of Salem, would you consider yourself a benevolent leader, or a tyrant?

Is Salem somewhere within the Forgotten Realms setting?

Which deity would you as the Priest King worship?

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I'll give you some info on Master of Nuhn which could help you on the way:

Priest King of Salem would be a benevolent leader, certainly not a tyrant. He's not evil aligned after all. (more like Chaotic Good) Salem is a reference to the bible, iirc. (And knowing MoN, this is very likely ;) ) Diety would probably be Lathander, I've heard him mention it before. His favourite weapon is a flail or mace. And he has a thing for undead, in that he battles them ferociously. :grin: Perhaps something with enhanced turning?

Definetely a cleric, very devoted.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, you have my blessing for the idea, but I'll require to see all dialogue and item descriptions for me to endorse it. So before you go making items and the store, send me all the text that's going to be inside for verification.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tss! Far, you seem to know me quite well! Melchizedek was Priest/King of Salem. IIRC, Salem was the former name of Jerusalem and means peace. I named my NWN-deity to this city.
    If you want to know more about the Priest-King, read Hebrews 7 .
    For my aversion of death and empathy for resurrections, read 1 Corinthians 15: 54 and 55
    :good:

Tal: A wizard, powerful magic items, verification-matters. Are you from Thay?? :evil:

Checked the links: Don't work. Sorry! :heh:

14. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I figure the mod should have more than just weapons. In Nuhn's case, I went with a helm.

Helm of Nuhn, "Solace from Within"

Lathander the Morninglord is possibly the most benevolent deity in all the Realms. If he has a character flaw, it is that he tries so hard to create the perfect world that his efforts can lead to drastic and unforeseen consequences. A comment that is occasionally made is that some of his inspiration comes from an ancient follower of his, the Master of Nuhn.

What historical records exist describe the Master of Nuhn as the benevolent priest-king of an ancient civilization that was utopia itself. No one in his realm lacked for anything. No one entertained even the thought of raising his or her hand against another. All were happy to lend a helping hand where and whenever it was needed.

The Master of Nuhn was himself a gentle soul who avoided war whenever he could. Yet it was an unescapable fact that his neighbours would often view the prosperity, and happiness, of his realm with no small degree of envy. As and when anybody dared to threaten his charges, the Master was ever at the forefront of battle.

Aside from vague historical sketches, and rumours of other items that he is known to have carried, his helm survives unto the present day. The helm itself is unadorned, and looks to be no more than the standard head gear of the foot soldier or caravan guard. A testament to the Master's humility. Yet by merely laying a finger on its surface, one can feel tremendous power radiating from within. Those who are not pure of heart will cringe from its touch. Whether the helm was enchanted with its abilities, or whether the helm over time absorbed a fraction of the Master of Nuhn's powerful aura, none can say.

Useable by: Good-aligned clerics only
    Armor Class Bonus: +2
    Special: permanent Death Ward and Negative Plane Protection on the wearer.
    Immunity to fear
    Sunray once a day
    +2 to wisdom when equipped.

Hope you like it, Master of Nuhn.

[ March 14, 2003, 08:46: Message edited by: Beren ]

15. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

That was great item Beren :cool: Do I have to have a giant character to use it because my halfing can't carry 500lbs? (Kidding)

Truly, the people at Bioware need you on the magic items team! ;)

Need a reference?

Beren. Can you make an item for me like an evil sword that has the essence of a demon like Yxbudur'znutkimdu in it. I know that that is from IWD2.

Perhaps a weapon (flail) that has the head of Mind Flayer, the one called Oinchack'olp.

All your items should be in the mod.

[ March 14, 2003, 08:30: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

16. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

We need some truly evil weaponry, and who better to bless the name of evil than the prince of darkness himself, Beezlebub? Unfortunately, he was unavailable, so ill have to do...

Baezlebub's Decent

In the early ages, before even the elves came across the seas, there was a forgotten race living on the sword coast. These people were akin to the halfling folk that now live over the world, as these fun loving foll derived from them. They were not joyful or cheerful, as our current smallfolk are. They were a fearful race, due to their harsh god, Yxbudur'znutkimdu. This god demanded sacrifice, slaughter, death, orgys and incest as a daily routine, else he would bring his wrath upon his lowly race.

One tenday, shortly before the cataclysm that tore the sword coast in two, there was an upcry. One of these lowly beings, so far beneath the great god, refused to carry out his bidding. This gnat, was Baez'lebub, a youth that had refused to do as his god commanded. Rape and then sacrifice his twin sister with his own dagger. This act of defiance brought of the rage of this hideous god, and he let it known. He let cry a fearful roar, one that could be heard in the distant land of Rashemen, whose primitive people thought was the command of their god to travel west to find him.1 This roar cracked trees, split earth and even the polar caps were said to tremble as the giant god leapt upon his lowly servant. As the god landed on the ground, it split between his legs, carrying him and his defiant worshipper to the very bowels of the earth.

The fall was recorded to have taken 7 days and 7 nights, and on the 8th night, they landed amid the brimstone and fire of the gates of hell. There, they fought, the very fall enough for the great god to be near death. The two fought for hours on end, and at the 12th hour, Baez'lebub fell. With a cry of triumph, Yxbudur'znutkimdu lept upon his prey, and with his last strength, Baez'lebub thrust with all his might, his ceremonial dagger. The monster screamed as it fell upon the blade, and with a curse, dragged it's own and it's foes lifeforce into the blade itself.

Bastard Sword
    1D8 + 5
    Thac0 +7
    50% chance of 2D6 fire damage
    50% chance of 2D6 cold damage
    50% chance of 2D6 magic damage

1 The people of Rahemen from this day forth, send their youths to the far west to find the source of this noise, which they think to be their god.

(can you fix this for any faults pleeze beren?)

Edit:

It looked abit off when i thought about it, so im gonna change the weapon attributes.

Dagger + 5
    2d4 + 5, + 2 extra if target is good or evil.
    Thac0 + 7
    Special:
    Summon Dark Planetar 1 per day
    Summon Planetar 1 per day
    Only useable by:
    Neutral Characters

Anyway,
    Cheers.

[ March 18, 2003, 07:55: Message edited by: Baezlebub ]

17. Beren

Media:
    It's certainly imaginative on your part, and I don't see anything wrong with it. There is one thing you need to keep in mind. Taluntain has explicitly stated that the contents of the mode will be subject to his verification. He'll be the person that you need to run this by.

Having said that ... I think it's time I came up with an item on my own behalf. Let me declare at the outset that I won't say anything one way or the other about my appearance or what is going on in my personal life. The item I'm about to create fits with the alias I go by, the avatar I'm seen by, and the title that goes with it. What I can honestly say is that to a degree, it also reflects my attitudes on certain aspects of life. Anyone who has read my posts on Jaheira will catch on to this. Here it goes ...

Beren's Shield +4

Paladins typically worship Torm, Tyr, and Helm. While Beren held himself to the faiths and beliefs that all paladins cherish, he was also known to have occasionally paid homage to Sune. He believed wholeheartedly her teaching that true beauty comes both from without, and from within.

As far as paladins go, Beren had an eye for feminine beauty. Yet he was a true gentleman, and a gallant. Such chivalry, his reputation for heroism, and his appearance crowned by his long blonde hair, meant that he caught the eye of many a lady. So it became a tragic twist of fate that his devotion to higher ideals meant he could never find happiness with any of them.

The rampaging dragon, the rise of the undead, the invasion of infernal fiends, the scheming of evil wizards; these and many more threats meant that conscience and honor would never allow him to settle in any one place or start a relationship with a lady deserving of a paladin's heart. As the years went by, Beren became more and more a sorely conflicted man. He was torn between his devotion to Torm and all that was good in Toril, and his longing to find she who would be his one true love.

Finally, when his first grey hair appeared within his golden locks, Beren was struck by a sudden resolve. He gradually made his way to the frozen north. In Bryn Shander, he donated what wealth he had left between the Churches of Torm, Tyr, Lathander, Helm, and Ilmater. He then made his way towards the Spine of the World, and was never seen again.

It is a rare paladin or cleric of any good-aligned deity who has not offered a prayer that Beren find joy and his heart's desire in his afterlife with Torm. Even Sunites have speculated that Lady Firehair herself has interceded with Torm on Beren's behalf.

What is known for certain is that Beren sold this impressive shield to the Church of Helm in Athkatla to help finance the first stages of his final journey. It has since changed hands many times. Rumours abound that some of those transactions have been less than honorable.

Type: Tower Shield
    Armor Class Bonus: +5
    Special: +10% to magic resistance

I also created this item to encourage experimentation with the Purifier bastard sword found in TOB.

Cheers. :)

[ March 14, 2003, 21:59: Message edited by: Beren ]

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

This is great stuff so far, I am so going to try make a quarter staff named: Nature's Defender

I'll try to post it when I get inspiration on the background.

@Beren, really good job so far, if my Nature's Defender fails for some reason (wait a few days) could you try and create it, that'd be great.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Hows this? Just came up with the idea.

Ivanji's bane

Ivanji was a chaotic good tielfing ranger from the North with great powers. He is known as one of the killers of the demon known as Belhifet. After the killing of the demon and his army, he left his group and returned to his plane. There he met two half-breeds of an elf and the demon Belhifet, Isair and Madae. They was planning to go back to the prime material plane to raise an army to oppose slavery of all sorts and this Ivanji belived. After helping them build up the army they tried to kill them but failed as Ivanji escaped. After this he was mad, very mad. He once again returned to his home plane and met a mighty sorcerer known as Taluntian. Taluntian was a trader that traveled the planes in search for wisdom and recruits to his mighty group; the Sorcerers Place of Magic and heard of Ivanjis deeds and maked him this sword, Ivanji's bane. Ivanji used it in many battles and was known thrue all the planes as the demon-slayer. He passed away at home, proud over himself and testamenting his sword to Taluntian, the maker.

STATS:
    Damage: 1D8+3 +6 vs. evil creatures.
    THACO: +3 +6 vs. evil creatures.
    Special: Considered as a +5 weapon to hit magical creatures.
    33% chance to direct slay on hit.
    Weight: 5 lbs
    Speed Factor: 3
    Profiency: Long Sword
    Useable By:
    Chaotic Good Rangers

I am going to make this weapon now. I am going to like this.

[ March 14, 2003, 18:53: Message edited by: Ivanji ]

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    *Blush* Say erm... Beren, you do know how to flatter me! But that has nothing to do with your shield, though. :)

Something I came up with. My English is not that good though and the items may be somewhat overpowered. (A moderaters item should be overpowered, heh?)

Blackthorne 's Talking Amulet.

During his countless conflicts with the Cowled Wizards, the extraordinairy wise mage Blackthorne obtained a high resilience to mind influencing spells.
    The crystal cilinder hanging on Blackthorne's simple glass necklace absorbed the power of this Master in his own Mind, and later became the actuall source for his resilience. With a close look, you could see the power within the amulet, like the wind blowing over the sea.
    The amulet copied the thoughts of his master and repeated Blackthorne's most famous words, over and over again. Any offensive spellcaster coming to close to the amulet, may get serious troubles with concentrating on their spells when they hear Blackthorne's Talking Amulet, calmly saying: Knock it off, you bozo!

Type: Amulet
    Constant True Sight
    Immune to mind affecting spells
    Cast Spell Strike 3/day
    Hostile spellcasters within a 30ft radius have a 25% chance of failing their spells.

Usable by:
    Sorcerers
    Wizards

I wonder what you guys come up with for Mathetais. A ring called Finger of God? Holy Avenger: Mathetais?
    And Shura... Improved Black Blade of Disaster?

[Tehehehe. "Knock it off you bozo!" I love it! :) - BTA]

[ March 14, 2003, 16:41: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.