1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Diablo 2 players

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Xei Win Toh, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Alrighty, I'll install it this afternoon and be there 20.00 my time (+1.00)

Character: Bowazon

Edit: changed char

[ September 04, 2004, 13:47: Message edited by: Apeman ]

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Wirhe: I was thinking a private channel in D2, which we all should have. We could use your crypt if noone is there though.
    So we meet up 10 minutes before the session, ok. I assume you all intend to play notwink.

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

What's notwink? Like no cheating, that would be great. If there's any shady things going on I'm out.

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Twinking is giving new characters items other characters have found. Since most (all?) of you start anew, I guess you are against it.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This just to make sure we can have fun -I remember a bit too well when a lv.99 char decided to join and "help" a bit, ending to ruin the whole game for us.

**Edit**

Okay, the first session went pretty well, even though it was quite easy. (Can't wait for the harder difficulties.) Act 2 and quests 1-3 tomorrow, as taking all 6 is a bit tiring in one go.

By the way, Tassa, can you get some levels before the next session? Somewhere around lv.15, as you came a bit late...? (It will be suicidal otherwise, and that is no fun.) :hmm:

Other than that, I had pretty much fun; just a bit shorter sessions and getting the levels even. Hope to see you all again tomorrow. :cool:

PS. I guess we can move the starting time one way or another by a few hours, so reply quick if you want it moved.

[ September 04, 2004, 22:21: Message edited by: Wirhe ]

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

We have played for two hours, completed Act 1, and had a blast.

Lets get everyone's accounts straight, so we can make friend lists and so on.
    Me: *Xei_Win_Toh
    Wirhe: *Wirhe
    Apeman: *SP_Apeman
    Bard: *SP_Bard
    Tassadar: *Cyprien
    Jhonka: Unavailible

[ September 05, 2004, 10:27: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

7. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Sorry guys, I couldn't join you today, and apparently won't be able to in the future. While I actually did get myself up early enough to play with you guys, I couldn't find my D2 'Play Disc' or the LoD disc.

So, unless I find those VERY soon, looks like Jhonka will have to observe from a distance. Hopefully one or more of you will keep progress updates in this thread, I'd very much like to hear how you guys are doing from time to time :)

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@ Xei Win Toh
    Account = Cyprien
    Char = SP_Tassa

I painstakingly (5 deaths, almost all due to lag) got my assassin up to level 12, most of the quests are done but i think you guys forgot about the Malus quest. I'm having regrets about a martial artist with the severe lag. Might invest in death sentry instead. What's best for the party? Meanwhile I'll keep levelling up to ~15 and I'll see you guys tomorrow.

@ Jhonka

Bummer! Try the No-CD patch.

9. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

@Tassadar

I think Death Sentry will be overall better for the party, but I don't have much 'sin experience, so I could be wrong. Also, I can't install the game due to the missing discs; otherwise I would try a No-CD crack. Thanks for the suggestion, anyhow.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That's too bad Jhonka but we'll make sure to update this thread.

I'm liking my bowazon so far although I'm still doubting to max out guided missile or strafe. Guided missile has been nerfed down in 1.10 and I don't know about strafe. As elemental I'm going for cold since our party lacks cold damage.

BTW I'm not sure I can make the 19.00 (GMT+0) tonight due to a BBQ (it's nice weather ;) ) So I might drop in later.

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

@Apeman: Max strafe or Freezing arrow with synergies, put rest in passives.

@Tassadar: Max Lightning Sentry and synergies, sprinkle Shadow skills according to preference. Also, we did the Malus quest, but will spare our imbues, because SOMEBODY won't let me twink :p

@Jhonka: I'm quite sure No-CD cracks don't work online.

I'll be late too, due to basketball training.

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I wonder who that is :hahaerr:

It may be smart that before every session everyone checks this thread for changes in time and/or place.

13. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Apeman: Max Strafe. It is an awesome skill, especially in 1.10. You will need lots of SPEED equipment. You only need 1 point in FA for the effect. Valk is so much better in 1.10, so get that to at least L17 and you'll be rocking.

I will try and get on earlier as I have to finish the Caine and Malus quests, as I missed the Caine one and was only L7 for the Malus one.

I need to sort out my Barbs skills and equipment quite badly. I died a couple of times yesterday when I was showing near max health on my screen (must be lag).

I should probably go sword/shield, but I have always liked Pole-Barbs, so I will stick with that and see what happens. Will go Max Polearm Mastery, Leap Attack, Max Whirlwind. Not sure which warcry - Battle Orders and/or Battle Command - would be best for the party I think.

It was good fun though guys, so will catch up with you all later.

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I died about 50 more times due to lag (at times I couldn't open doors!!) but finally made it to level 15. My little hireling put in all the big hits while I hid in terror! LOL.

@ Xei Win Toh
    It is too difficult to control phoenix strike with all the lag. I stopped at 1 level of cobra strike, but will continue to pump up dragon claw and tiger strike. I was going to skip the shadow summons and that branch entirely as their power is proportional to the number of players, and since there are 5 of us co-op, plus all of Wirhe's skeletons, another summon probably isn't necessary. I will pump up some high-level trap skills (plus synergies) for crowd control, and put some into venom.

Will see you guys tomorrow.

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

@Tassadar: I never said anything about Phoenix Strike. I said Lightning Sentry, which is a trap, and a good one at that. And by Shadow skills, I meant the whole tree.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I would be I considered our party and I don't think we need another tank. I'd rather spend some skillpoints on the cold arrow synergie tree and strafe.

17. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Also, I'll be maxing Valk.

18. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

@ Xei Win Toh

Lightning sentry it is. With synergies if possible. Venom can be secondary elemental damage.

Who is doing the fire damage?

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, it seems like 2 people will be late, so we might as well start a bit later; by an hour?

Anyone object starting 20.00 instead of 19.00? Remember that we will also have a bit shorter session, so even your BBQ's shouldn't suffer. ;)

@ Jhonka

You can still manage it if you clear act 1 alone and join us tonight in act 2 -we could use a sorcerer to hurl some serious damage behind my summons. :D

I will be investing to revived creatures and a little to some selected curses. In overall, massess shouldn't be too difficult to us, but against bossess I cannot do much since Bone Spirit and Spear are trash versus 10k HP monsters, and I have no bodies to revive or explode :nolike:

[ September 05, 2004, 14:11: Message edited by: Wirhe ]

20. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

@Wirhe: Skeletons, dammit! They are great now. Max them first, then mastery.

Starting an hour later seems ok.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.