1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Diablo 2 players

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Xei Win Toh, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My proposition:

At least help me through act 4 one of these days. I need go gain 6 levels to catch up so I could use some serious help. With Wirhe away we shouldn't go further then Bhaal. A few quests can be regained like I did so that shouldn't be a problem and we can do Bhaalruns in the meantime. When Wirhe gets back we help him through act V and we should have some nice items for him waiting from the Bhaalruns. Next week Nightmare!

If everyone can make a general estimation of playing days for the coming days and weekend so we can look ahead.

For me: Times in 19.00 GMT0

Thursday: a serious go situation
    Friday: no go --> Darts tourney and I have two titles to defend :D
    Saturday: a serious go
    Sunday: unknown yet.

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I agree with your proposition completely.

On playing days: preliminarily, all except sunday are go, won't be able to make 19:00 GMT then.

3. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

ok for me.

I reckon we should do some Meph/Diablo runs so as to get some items, but not advance too much in levels. After helping Apeman through A4 first.

Even with the level difference, me and Xei got completely stuffed several times against Big D's mini-Bosses. It was Wirhe that didn't die at all :confused:

Sorry to see you leave Tass. I suppose I'll have to start dying instead now :D

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

I am level 50, but have not got credit for baal kill yet. I kick some major ass too :D

Anyway, is today a go?

EDIT: level 53, won't go any further, today was not a go, and tomorrow might not be for me.

[ September 11, 2004, 21:33: Message edited by: Xei Win Toh ]

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Back, and I see it is a bit too late to be interesting. Lv53 already? It will be a walkthrough with you, as I'm only at level 27 ATM. Even at Thursday I could see you could do it without me or a single summon, as the only thing I needed to do was walk behind you for the exp. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll be playing Sorcerers 2 with same password this Sunday (same time: 19.00). I still need to beat the Big Boss, so you're welcome to come -but only if you are within 5 levels from me. Like in case of Xei Win Toh, it was nice playing with you, but sadly the powergaming you practiced outside the hours (as well as twinking, I guess) has made the gaming with you uninteresting .

Have fun. ;)

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Gee, you're no fun... Two hours of baalruns will get you to practically the same level.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Repeat that a few times to yourself and you get this "doh" feeling. :shake:

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

I'm not following you there. Plus I'm extremely frustrated with my life generally right now so I can't make a nice, coherent reply so I won't even try. Might talk to you later.

9. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I should be there, not sure. Going out this afternoon, so don't know if I'll be back in time, so I might be a bit late.

Look like I won't be using my Barb as he is L43. My Amazon is L28/29 and is actually a better tank than my Barb. She does less damage, but is quicker and smarter :)

I think Apeman is meant to be there tonight as well, but I don't know what level he finished on.

Did a bit of questing lastnight with another Necro and I couln't believe how powerful his Skellys were. They were hitting things harder than I was :(

@Xei: Haven't you got another char you could jump in with?

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

I will likely be late, and might not be there at all due to homework.

@Bard: I do have a lvl 25ish paladin, but he needs to go through act 4 first.

Wirhe, should you come to your senses, I'll be happy to play with you.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm 31 right now, I also kinda lost interest when Xei said he was level 51. It's not your fault Xei we're just not hardcore players, I like the game while it's still fun not when I'm playing because I have to.

That's the main reason I play single, I play for a few weeks than quit, save my chars, and after a few months play again. Since battle.net won't save chars who do not play everynow and then I kinda don't like multi.

12. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Apeman

You're still about the same level as I am, and aren't playing hardcore. ;) Still wish to keep on every weekend plus when you have time? I'm sure we could agree some days. :hmm:

13. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Right, seems we won't play together anymore... that's a shame. Still, you're always welcome to drop me a whisper/pm/whatever should you want to play with me again.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Xei Win Toh

Nothing to it -you simply ran past us. ;)
    ---
    Anyway, Tuesday seems fine to me and Apeman, so hopefully Bard makes it too. I'm lv.29, Bard is about level 30, and so is Apeman. Same time and place, but just to clarify things, here is it listed again:

Name: Sorcerers 1 (if taken, 2, 3, 4...)
    Password: Taluntain
    Scheluded time: 1900 (GMT +0)
    Next meeting: Tuesday (if okay)

Everyone is welcome too, but just remember we are playing softcore with no twinking or Baalruns (or other "hardcore" features ;) ). Hopefully we make it to the World Keep in this session, find the waypoint, and leave the boss for the session after this one.

15. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just a question: do the bonuses from charms stack? Say I have a charm that gives +2-5 fire damage, one that gives +1-3 cold damage, and another that gives 1-33 lightning damage, do all these stack? Or should I sell some of these.

16. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Yes, all of those stack. Any and all charms will stack with each other, unless they have an effect like Cannot Be Frozen, which can only be applied once. (Not sure if charms can have CBF on them, probably not though. Just an example.)

17. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

@Wirhe: If I find the time, Wal the Paladin might just join you for a while... (He's lvl 25 at the moment, needs to beat the big D)

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Okay, the day and time seems good thus far, no complaints, so hopefully the session after this one will be Friday...? (Small break.) In any case, remember to come to the chat about 10 minutes before the time. ;)

@ Xei Win Toh

I'm not sure if you should, as you have once already made it clear that you like to play it "hardcore", whereas the rest of us like to play out of fun. Frankly, the last session I had with your ûber-character was helluva... boring. I didn't even need to summon a single cretin when you could left-handedly clear every area and boss with that brand new, twinked weapon of yours. Hell, you could had even taken the nearest rock and smashed Diablo blind-folded -leaving the rest of us watching from distance. But it is up to you -coming or not.

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

Well, I won't force myself upon you if you're unwilling to play with me, just because I appreciate power and ability to survive, which in D2 mostly boils down to your items and levels.

20. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I would keep playing if only the game didn't run at negative 3 frames per second. I think SP-Tassa's best piece of equipment was Arctic Furs. Picked it up in Act I somewhere. Yes, I actually managed to pick up something.

Time for a new PC.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.