1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars: Attack of the Rankings!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, May 16, 2002.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I don't think phantom menace lacked good acting i thought it just lacked any serious action or seriousness.

And the troopers DID die a long time ago...........in a galaxy far away.....

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/Me gets a very large stick and smacks the hell out of all Star Wars fanatics.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Why groundhog, how could your stick ever stand up to my lightsabre

Anyway rankings:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Star Wars
    3&4. Return of the Jedi and Attack of the Clones (undecided as yet)

I do not acknowledge the existance of any others.

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited May 22, 2002).]

4. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

there've only been four films? but i destinctly remember double-ended lightsabers in one film. can't for the life of me recall the title though. must've been my imagination...

[deity edity] :grin:

[This message has been edited by the god (edited May 22, 2002).]

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

5)The Phantom Menace
    2)Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
    ?)Episode III, We can only wait!
    2) Star Wars: A New Hope
    1)Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    4)Return of the Jedi

That must do it! One more thing:

Best caracter: R2D2
    Worst caracter: JarJar Binks
    Best Enemie: Darth Vader
    Worst "hero":Yoda [Fixed it :)]

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited May 22, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited May 23, 2002).]

6. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I only saw Clones on Monday, so I've now read the SW threads.

Rankings:

Same as the top one. Sir Bel had it right in my opinion, although Phantom was so poor compared to the rest that it deserves to be 8th out of 5......

Empire loses top slot to Hope becasue there were so many lose ends. OK if you have the next one handy, not so good if you have to wait 3-4 years for next one.

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG] SleepleSS - Yeah, that Joda really annoyed me! Loved that Yoda though! :p :D

Anyhow, in my opinion, it's too hard to rate them all, mainly because if you put one beneath the other, it makes it seem like that's worse, but in my opinion, they are all the same standard (except Phantom Menace, which is of a slightly lower level then the rest, but not by much, and it's still a good movie). All the films have good and bad points. :)

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 22, 2002).]

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm going to have to say Return of the Jedi is the best so far.

Episode IV, and V are runners up.

E2 has some good parts.

E1 is ok too, if you turn off the sound, and flip down the Blast Shield.

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Best: Attack of the Clones
    Worst: Attack of the Clones

It's the only SW movie I've seen... I don't think that will change soon...

10. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Headbanger, don't be defeatist.

Get the video box-set and see them one after the other. (Ep IV, V & VI).

I think in all fairness, you'll like them better. Honest guv.

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] 1) Empire Strikes Back
    2) Return of the Jedi
    3) Attack of the Clones
    4) New Hope
    5) The Phantom Mencace

Count Dooku? What a fool!
    Yoda with a Lightsabre!!! You dont get better than that!
    "Fight me you will, win you will not"
    "Shut up little green man, i will crush you!"
    "Considerate you are not, lose you will"
    "RAAAAARGH!!!"
    [smack, thrust, slash, poke poke]
    "Trust in the Force you must, or die you will"
    "nggh!"
    [step step step step]
    "Sorry I am not, headache you will have"
    [death]

12. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Sir Bel. You made this thread just to thrash The Phantom Menace right? hmmm. I am in.

13. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I tend to look at the movies from several different aspects.

First, there is the ending fight scene. I would place Clones and Menace at the top with Empire, Jedi and New Hope bring up the rear.

Second, the acting. Lets face it, the kid in Menace just blew. He was horrible. I find him more annoying than Jar Jar, which takes some doing because Jar Jar should have been processed at the beginning and forgotten about. The first three had better acting than the prequels, at least I think so.

Third, the plot, story or whatever you want to call it. I think that Lucas is trying way to hard to make these three so much better than the first three, that he is losing something. I am not sure and maybe some of you true geeks out there can explain it better, but the first three were kinda simplistic in the special effects, but they had a great story and acting. The second set has kick ass special effects, but the story is story and acting is not up to par with the original trilogy. Once again this is just my opinion.

Fourth, Natalie Portman. She was just so damn hot in Clones. All Natalie, all the time.

Another observation from the two times I saw the movie on the 16th. NO ONE laughed when Yoda walked in on Dooku, or Tyrannus (which ever you choose). The place went crazy when the lightsaber flew to his hand and he handed Dooku his ass (you can't tell me that Dooku would have won if he had any stones and would have fought to the death).

Anyway, just my two cents. Do not care what you think of my opinions. They are just that. Flame all you want or agree all you want, makes no difference.

1. Clones
    2. Empire
    3. Menace (the fight scene was to good to place at the bottom, you can always mute Jar Jar and the kid when they talk)
    4. New Hope
    5. Jedi

14. I only like 1#.the phantom menace.

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] That's great son.:) Thanks for sharing your opinion. It is nice to know that somebody is pleased by that rotting pile of vomited horsesperm and a good swordfight.

16. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ...and pod race, that was good too. rest wasn't particularly memorable though.

:hahaerr:

(waves hand at padine) "you don't want to like the phantom menace."

17. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

1: Episode IV. The first and the best.
    2: Episode VI. The ewoks rules :cool:
    3: Episode II. Well i can't explain this, but i liked it better than I and V.
    4: Episode V. Not bad at all. The others are just better.
    5: Episode I. The only crappy one.

18. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I went and saw Star Wars on the weekend and I was a bit dissapointed...... the action scenes were cool, especially with Jango Fett ..... Temuera Morrison is a cool actor (see also Once Were Warriors)... he just looks menacing in every scene he is in. I was mighty pissed when that guy from Pulp Fiction lopped his head off with a light sabre. I hope Bubba Fett kills heaps of Jedi in the next episode.

That whole scene with the jedi knights fighting was a bit silly... like a rave party where everyone is waving around glo-sticks.

The fight scene with Yoda was even more ridiculous... Yoda looked like some kind of spinning top whirling about like that! .... Yoda is supposed to be a jedi master, he could have crushed that retard klike a bug!
    George Lucas should be drawn and qu8artered fo r that scene

In the end i think it is all a conspiraciy by lucasarts to sell more star wars dolls to the nerds

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.