1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Starting new game. Need some help :)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Archaven, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Archaven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1. I have been travelling to and for out of city completing Umar Hills, Trademeet and De'Arnise Hold quests. I have yet to encounter any bandits and wounded guy. So please i need the CLUA console :p

2. How would constantly pressing 'z' key will speed up the process of NPCs quests? Anyway, i really like to use the CLUA console to speed things up. After a long holiday, i'm going to work on tuesday :( . So i would appreciate if anyone could point me through on the extensive list of CLUA console commands so that i won't have to kept on bothering you guys :p

3. Currently i have finished most of the quests that i could think of. Should be heading to windspear a good choice or proceed to chapter 3 a good one? Yeah i really have some problems on decision :(

Thanks again everyone :)

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Page 2 of BG2 tips and tricks second from the bottom of the page, in the games section of this site has the best list in my opinion. It is from Dan Simpson and it is very thorough and detailed.

The CLUA cammands to activate quests are very involved and take considerable time to find with IE explorer. I don't know about z, but Ctrl + T will andvance time in the game by one hour each time you hit it. If you hit it too many times it often crashes my game though.

I never worry about all the quests, there is plenty of XP out there to be had.

3. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Doesn´t he only appear at night?

4. Archaven Gems: 2/31

Yulaw9460 is right. The cutpurse only seem to appear at night. No wonder i couldn't find him during daytime. Also i noticed that Mrs. Cragmoon will only appear during daytime.

Anyway i really hope someone could help me on the CLUAConsole command to trigger the encounter with the bandit and the poisoned man. I confirmed that i've gone to and fro endless time within district but i was not brought into that scenario.

There's one illusion door that appears just beside the secret entrance to Mekrath's lair. I tried thieving with Jan but it seems that it was magically locked. How do i open it?

Thanks again. I really wished someone could help me on the bandit encounter as i confirm that it was really bugged.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mekrath...in the sewer under the Temples, right? You need a key from the Windspear Hills.

Poisoned man (Renfield)...don't know the CLUA code for him, though Felinoid might. How long have you been playing (game time)? I'm shocked that you haven't gotten this encounter since it seems to me you're game time is a few weeks, unless you plow through quests in a hurry. :) Have you gotten the encounter with Suna Seni (sp) and Arbane's sword?

His body can be CLUAed in with:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("misc5f")

6. Archaven Gems: 2/31

My game time is around 24 days. I've completed most of the quests and they were not hurried.

I used shadowkeeper to add renfield's body to my inventory. Unfortunately, that does not did the 'trick'. Rylock stills have no dialogue options about Renfield even i have his body in my inventory.

7. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Just adding Renfeld's body to your inventory won't work, Rylock's dialog also checks a global timer set by Renfeld when you speak to him. Use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("renfeld") and talk to him, then take the body to Rylock.

Z... you know, rest. A lot of quests are based on game time elapsed, so if you rest a bunch you might find an NPC approaches you or something. But there is no 'list' of ways to manually trigger all the quests. Some are easy to trigger and simply involve summoning an NPC, as Renfeld above. Others are complicated and require looking through the guts of the game to find a particular global variable which needs to be set. If you're dead set on this then I suggest you download Infinity Explorer, and possibly Near Infinity, so that you can look up CRE filenames for NPCs and dialog-based variables yourself.

Remember, the game isn't going to delete itself off your hard drive when you finish it. You can always play again and go hunting for quests you might've missed the first time.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

You need a key from Windspear. There's a bunch of illithids in there and a piece of the Crom Faeyr.

If you really want to get Renfeld encounter, I have something that might help. You see, the place in between city areas where you have all the random encounters is the same area, with a handy script and variable that determines which encounter you get. I think all you should have to do is show up there, but I may be wrong as I've never had to do this before. But you can give it a try:
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0041")
    If the people you fight have Arbane's Sword (Suna Seni and co.), leave to a normal area and do it again.

9. Archaven Gems: 2/31

Thanks to all for the solution :) . I managed to trigger the quest using prine's CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Renfeld") command. I really have to do so because this quest is bugged at least for myself.

EDIT
    1. Is there a use for Montarron's body? Should i dump it or keep it? Maybe there's further plot regarding his body?

2. Minsc is currently Lvl. 11 or 12 (i can't seem to recall) and he has only 2 attks/rnd. Any idea on how to improve it without haste spell or dual-wield?

Thanks.

[ February 07, 2006, 06:14: Message edited by: Archaven ]

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well, if you are not above cheating, CLUAConsole:CreateItem("brac21") will give Minsc +1 to THACO, +2 to damage, and add 1/2 attack per round. They are the gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Use oils of speed. They are equevalent to haste, but do not make you fatigued.

If potions took too much place in your inventory, you can get Ease of USe mod to stack them up to 999. All stackable items like potions, ammunition will stack up to 999, which is very neat. True heroes should not struggle for their inventories. :D

Where/how did you find Montaron's body? It is suprising that even I play the game alot before, there is still something I missed. :p

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

AFAIK, you don't need Monty's body. I take him out of the chest, step away and get my xp. Then I put him back inside the chest. What can I say? My thieves are tidy. :D

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK so you find his sorry corpse in a chest in Harper Base? Why I have never found it? Hmph.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Well, do you ever go back and look? Extra points for us snoops then. ;)

Minsc - try boosting his strength with a girdle or GoOP.

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^OK my bad. I will go double-check next time.

Anyway, Minsc will eventually get new 1/2 attacks as he advances his ranger levels, (every 7 levels?) and with GWW HLA, # of attacks/round won'T be a problem, hopefully.

16. Archaven Gems: 2/31

Hey all i was wondering if anyone would get mad if i kept on asking questions :p

1. Can i install baldurdash fix when i'm half way the game?

2. I have ToB installed buy i'm on SoA only. Does the ToB fix includes SoA? Or should i install them both?

Thank you all :)

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Baldurdash - you can install it, but it won't take effect afaik.

ToB fixes should fix SoA things, too. Don't install both.

18. Archaven Gems: 2/31

Thanks kuemper. Why would installing the patch wouldn't take effect when i'm half way through the game? Is the patch only affecting saved games?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.