1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Story of the Staff, Continued...

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Rallymama, Sep 14, 2003.

1. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

As the others rested, Callain slipped away from Kibrani, and wandered over to Cadaran, who had decided to set camp with them, the grief for his half-brother having put off his mood for the hunt. Callain put the boot to him and rolled him over. The hunter was alert and ready, a knife held between his fingers, ready for a throw. Callain, however, knocked it away with the flat of his sword and motioned to him to follow. Without watching to see if Cadaran followed, Callain walked deeper into the wood.

“You may as well know,” Callain said, eyeing the half-elf warily, “that I was the one who killed your brother.” Callain prepared to dodge away from any attack Cadaran made, but when none came, he relaxed, if only a little. “Listen to me. I don’t regret what I did, for I have no time for traitors or double-crossers – myself excluded –“ he added with a sly smile. “But, I believe you can make up for your brothers treachery. We have let far too many people join our group, it would seem to the others that they all want to help, but I don’t think their loyalty has been tested sufficiently. If you want to redeem your family’s good name, you will help me watch them, I trust to your eyes and skill. Keep in mind though; the others will be watching, as I will, for you to attempt something even remotely treacherous. Will you help me find any traitors within our group, or will you wander away, to be an outcast for the rest of your life?”

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

"I might join you. But first you will have to tell me about my half brother. What little I know of him makes it impossible to think that he would side with evil."

With this Callain and Cadaran spent the better part of the night exchanging stories. Hours later Cadaran spoke.
    "Your words bear no lies. But I still grieve for my brother. I will join your group and assist you in your quest. But remember this, if at any day I find I have been lied to, your life will end at the point of my blade."
    "The same holds for you too. Friend.":Callain.

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    {well, since this thing is called the "Story of the STAFF...} ;)

Time was of the essence. They had no more than three months to reach Draten Forest, and then find Ykl… that place out of legend, the hidden hole in the world, home to all the evils parents used to scare their children into good behavior. Such stories had always worked on Kibrani, and she fingered her pouch of charms against bad luck as she thought of the place. Every superstition she held screamed at her to avoid the place, but she had chosen a course and there was no turning back.

When a small caravan passed them going the other way, they were only too happy to purchase a number of horses. The prospect of a faster pace was especially pleasing to Callain, who suspected that Second and Third hadn’t taken his threat seriously and were tailing the party. He’d be happy to give them enough time to reveal more of their plans before he killed them, but he certainly didn’t want to make their lives any easier.

Illith’Hen kept watch alone the first night after getting the horses. It didn’t feel right, not having Glamrod at his side, and he fell into recollections of times past. He was sinking into gloomy thoughts when the Staff quivered in his hand and the embers of the campfire erupted into a blaze. He saw the silhouettes of several men creeping towards the tree where the horses had been tied and recognized them from the caravan. He knew the scam – they sold the same animals over and over, disabling or killing their victims in the process, and without a moments hesitation Illith’Hen called upon the powers of the Staff.

Several rocks rolled towards the would-be thieves, knocking them to the ground. A gout of flame from the campfire ringed them in a blazing prison as Illith’Hen approached, the Staff held before him.

“Thank you for coming back to check on the welfare of our animals,” he said, smoothly and with no trace of warmth. “As you can see, they’re doing quite well. You needn’t fear for their mistreatment.” The unspoken threat hung in the air as the flames died away. The thieves hesitated briefly, hands twitching towards their knives, tempted by the prospect of fighting one lone elf to regain the horses that were the core of their “work.” But then the earth under them shook again and they saw Illith’Hen ride the tremor naturally, balancing against the roiling ground as lightly as a bee hovering over a flower. As they took to their heels the elf returned to his seat, now alert; he extinguished the little fires that the prison had sparked with a casual wave.

Glamrod, I wish you could have been here to see that

4. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You are my tool, my puppet. You can't dare to hope for your body and mind back; I am too strong for you. Foolish mortal, I can easily crush you. Give yourself over to me entirely and you will know no more pain or suffering... Myrara awoke with a gasp, or no... her conscious gasped, but her body was no longer hers to command. The Other was there, leeching away her strength. In her secluded corner, shut tightly out of her own mind, Myrara wept. She mentally pounded on the walls that closed her off, powerless. But not hopeless. She knew that there had to be a chance, some time when the Other faltered. But She was too strong now, Myrara would wait.

Indeed, you can't hope. And when you finally can do something, it will be too late. The Other tauntingly forced the images of what She planned to do to the group onto Myrara's consciousness. Myrara's voice wailed, drowning in the strength of the Other's mind. Which is exactly what She wanted.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    As the party awoke they found Illith’Hen dozing against a tree with the staff in his arms muttering

“Glamrod watch out, Glamrod jump now, go jump, you will make it, NO GLAMROD DON’T GO BACK, GLAMROD!! NOOO!!!”

after finishing this Illith’Hen woke up suddenly, with sweat all over his face and clutching the staff so tightly his knuckles were turning white. Kibrani was the first to rush over to Illith’Hen’s side with the rest of the part in pursuit, all except Myrara who sat next to a tree with her knees drawn up rolling slowly back and forth.

“Are you alright Illith’Hen, we heard you shouting about Glamrod, but its alright you can let you pain loose” comforted Kibrani

Upon hearing this Illith’Hen broke down into tears upon Kibrani’s shoulder….

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.