1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Stuff

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by 8people, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Joesocwork Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The stupidest: I have had to learn the hard way (several times :o )not to cast either fireballs or holy smite near summoned monsters or near evil-aligned allies that are a part of given quests. Have they ever turned red on me quick!!

Silliest (& most hiliiarous): Smack dab in the middle of a Spellhold fight, Jaheira loops about 5-6 times bragging about how little sleep she and my character had just gotten!! (Shhhh already! :love: :toofar: :lol: )

[This message has been edited by Joesocwork (edited May 14, 2002).]

2. Que Rong Gems: 1/31

My funny moment was during the battle w/ Faldorn in the Druid Grove. It was Cernd vs. Faldorn. I had Cernd cast two Call Woodland Beings (who are funny as hell in themselves -- they attack by biting and let out high-pitched screams). And so the three of us were gang-bangin' Faldorn. One of the nymphs then casted Mental Domination on Faldorn, who then becomes an ally! Four merry druids in the arena. So I click on Faldorn and have her run around in the arena for a while.

A marvelous idea dawns upon me, why not have another nymph for some real group action? I have Faldorn cast Call Woodland Beings and bammo! Five merry druids in the arena. (Druids and uh. . . nymphs everywhere, REJOICE!) The problem was that right when she cast the spell, she became an enemy again. And so did her nymph. Incidentally, my two summoned tree-huggers also disappeared. Crap. Cernd was suddenly without friends in that arena, with a pissed-off Faldorn and screaming nymph sidekick coming at him.

Needless to say, I didn't win that battle. But I did take home some fond memories.

3. DinoTiggy1 Guest

i can remember when i was in the Ilithid City in the under dark, with most of my party on a day trip to heaven, i made Anomen rasie Aerie, Aerie then raised Jaheira. An then she was going to raise Imoen, but i forgot that her "Harper call" took some of her health. And then she died.
    Bloody inconsiderate, that.

PS, how can you bite and scream at the same time?

[This message has been edited by DinoTiggy1 (edited May 14, 2002).]

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What the hell? Dino where did that come from?

I found a funny video of Nalia, then she disappeared from the Copper Coronet

I found out it was a save game that had cuased this bug, and I had to delete it :(

I also found some funny things on the BG games:
    Dynaheir (portrait) is wearing the symbol of Bhall on her necklace?
    Ajantis is the squire of Keldorn
    Ajantis portrait is wearing Sarevoks armour
    If Keldorn is such a proud paladin how come he has blood splattered on his armour?
    If you have Cernds portrait he has a halflings portrait instead
    Sarevoks eyes glow, why don't yours?

apparently if you are drunk when you encounter the three amnish soldiers (the ones that think you are the people fighting in the streets in the government district) they try to arrest you, I will need to find out but at the moment I can't

5. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

...or backstabbing with a short bow equipped...

6. wing forward Gems: 1/31

accidently killing keldron's wife when he was in my party. Hmm.. odd!

7. Soul Fire Gems: 1/31

In SpellHold, after I got teleported to the first sanity test,I had "AutoPause when enemy is sighted" on and the screen was black while it was paused and I was there issuing commands, trying to make my characters move through what I thought was a maze of darkness. D'oh! I didn't realise for about twenty minutes.

PS: That thing about a mate forgetting the game was paused for three hours. Funny that it should be "a mate", shouldn't it? Hmm? :b

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All I wanted to have for Minsc was the Vorpal Sword. Saemon gives you the Silver Blade on the ship when you leave Brynnlaw. After some fighting with the Githyanki the ship submerges and you arive in Sahuagin City, only to realize I had no place in my pockets and remembered my protagonist saying: "I can't carry no more. Your item is on the ground."
    No Silver Blade, No new 2-Hander have I. Oh well...Gots to find me that +12 Hackmaster, me guesses.

9. Soompta Gems: 1/31

kay well heres something silly (quite stupid actually ) that ive done

me and 2 other friends were playing multiplayer bg2 new game .. anyway we entered this room there were a few traps .. i was a thief
    so i detect the traps .. and i walk around them , like there not there and everyone is following me cause they are depending on me to get rid of traps etc . so anyway everyone walks through the center and they get hit by loads and loads of traps .. and like after theyve fully been reduced to like 10 hp left i say ... "Oh guys , watch out theres traps here "
    I then heard a brick being thrown through my window ( must be a coincidence aih ? )

10. GibbyCat Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Ever cast a Silence 15'Radius spell on a character that you have to talk to? You can't continue the game until it wears off! I've done this a lot -- you'd think I would learn!

11. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I once planned to steal Daystar from the lich in the Gate district.
    I was low level and couldn't fight the lich at that time, so I equipped Yoshimo with boots of speed and cast invisibility on him. Then I would make him enter the lich's tomb, open the chest, get Daystar and rush out of there before the lich could cast a spell.

I sent him in, went to the chest and when I tried to open it I realized that I had send the wrong character in (my mage), I couldn't pick the lock to open the chest and the lich was already casting that damned Time Stop. :aaa: Don't need to say I was forced to reload

12. DinoTiggy1 Guest

God, tell me about it, the number of times I have tried to pick locks with Minsc in his leather armour...

13. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Gunthar that blowing up thing was orignally a bgI thing. Amazin1 Oopah, tha Ogre could blow himself up, if you asked the Great mage..,than attacked you when he was bored out of his mind :)
    It happened that I quicksaved when my character died... I don't know how...

14. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] I was playing around in some area, can't remember which. I sent my party to exit the area, but they were just about to leave and my main char. trod on a trap and got killed, game over, NO. I instead there was a brief moment and my party managed to leave the area, and it autosaved. In the new area the death message came up and I was forced to reload. I loaded up from my autosave and continued on. Without my main character, very strange. But soon I brought him back.

Mind you this has only happened once, but it was quite funny, going around without my character...:confused::idea:

15. I have done many stupid thing's and I have seen many stupid thing's.One Is how I keep saving at the most unapropriate times(like when I have just gotten out of a big battle whith only one half-dead character,in a place where sleeping take's away all items on the ground and I go and sleep and QUICK SAVE.):aww:

I am thanking God every day for the wonder of Auto-save.:angel:

16. Augold2 Gems: 1/31

The dumbest thing I've ever done was when a thief came up to my party and asked for some money in the bridge district. Thinking what the heck, I said yes, and he took my 50000 worth of money

and like everybody else, thank God for auto-save.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.