1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Style of Battling

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Asmodeus, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Manual Pause, all the time. Party AI off too. Fighters in front to take damage while clerics heal them and mages blast the enemy.

2. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I only use scripts with multi- or dualclassed fighter characters (that don't have the guard-function), and only in battles with lots of weak enemies, but even in such situations I rarely use it.

3. Masher Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

For me, manual pause (a lot) and no scripts. I keep meaning to try them just to see what they're like but I never seem to get around to it...

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I never use AI, either. It's much more fun to micromanage.

Ara
    (Geography waits me... urgh. Didn't do homework. Urgh 2)

5. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

BTA is right...No autopause! The spacebar is more than enough. I only pause the game, before casting spells.

6. bp Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I do like the AI, it's more realistic. If you were really roaming around, your friends might not always do what you wish they would. All you can do is set them in general directions.

I use the spacebar very little, mainly to cast a special spell or something. I usually try to scout ahead, and set up traps or ambushes when enemies are sighted. Maube I'll use Cloudkill or Fireball to weaken them, then summon some monsters, haste, and attack! Let the NPC's use their scripts and let them go!

I'm playing now as a Skald, so I like to hang back and sing. No AI for me, but AI for all the NPC's.

BP

7. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Autopause: None
    AI: On

Plus, the whole party is scripted. It's all about role-playing, and the thrill of battle. I like to think on my feet, and I also like the wild-card aspect of not controlling the other party members. The only time I try to hit the spacebar is if someone's about to die, and they need a quick heal.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Total Control for me! No AI, except for my Thief Jan, put him on the system he will automatically find traps and keeps searching even with his head whacked by a firegiant.

Almost got some..er..whats it called in English...callosity (?) on my left middlefinger, allways using spacebar,but no autopause.
    When some bad and hostile beings approach: pause, find the right weapons to deal the best damage to a certain victem, and cast some protection spells, unpause

I always attack an enemy with my whole party and take care of the rest later when the first is dead, take them out one by one. What's dead, wont harm you (except for undead, off course!)
    Excuse my grammer and spelling and even my vocabular, I don't speak English that often...

9. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I find AI really annoying; perhaps its because I never used the right scripts of something, but I always found that while my mage was getting beaten on by about 20 nasties, my fighters stopped halfway on the path to aid him, did an about turn and went to mercilessly spank a held gibberling on the other side of the room. OK; so this has been a tad hyperbolic, but you see my point. I like to be able to control my party in detail.

10. No AI. Autopause when meeting enemy, somebody is dead, finding a trap.
    Rhynn Ness(Barbarian) beats the crap out them, Minsc too, Anomen casts Aerial Servant for five times, then goes, attacks and tries not to get killed (hes the only cleric i have after all. I hate Aerie.), Nalia casts spells and fights, Valygar fights. I dont know whos the sixth one, cause i change them all the time, but thats a NPC code for me.

With love, Ezellohar Shark
    A Lord if the Rings fan and a paladin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.