1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super re-roll stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

/me smacks all those dumb enough to reroll for hours and hours to get the right stats, when if they are really desparate enough, they could just download shadowkeeper. :p

LOL am I the only one left who actually uses his first rolled stats anymore?
    Ok thats a lie, but I don't think I've ever gone more than 3-4 times before getting something workable.

2. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] It's just... I'm a real beginner... played BG1 with Dan's walkthrough (Argh! Don't bash!) and now I tried BG2! I thought... mm well, your fighter from BG1 IS great indeed (tomes), but now... a sorcerer! And I rolled for about an hour to get the above stats. I would sacrifice both INT and WIS for STR, but ya know... the djinni ;)

The ring of human influence... I rather wear my two rings of wizardry (one from the Harpers, one from my beloved Apprentices - did you notice the description of the Harper ring changes into "...made by your apprentices" after you get that one?)!

3. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You'll find so many rings in this game that you'll need new piercings. The ones you have now won't look so good when you find some of the deadlier ones. Ring of human influence? Save it for your girlfriend.

4. Rothgar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I guess I'm really lucky... I never roll longer than 5 minutes (it gets fuckin' boring) and I still end up with high 80s or low 90s. The Paladin I'm playing now had 94 at the start of BG1 (now in SoA with ridiculous stats :p - 18/60, 18, 18, 11, 15, 18), after 2 minutes re-rolling :D.

5. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Neverwinter Nights someone said!

Well you can just forget about using the stats you roll here in NWN! NWN will use a different system. The only thing you can "import" - yeah, that turned out to be a real joke! - from BG2 to NWN is the characters name... maybe. :mad:

6. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] CHARACTER'S NAME - you kiddin'?

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's not practical anyway. Neverwinter Nights will have nothing to do with what the BG games do: being a Bhaalspwan. True though that they should have held off and waited to see if that was really going to be a worthwile option before writing it on the BG2 load screens. If there was any doubt, then they should not have wrote it.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] You still hope that NWN is going to get finished? After Torn was cancelled? :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, not the same designers, not the same distributors,... Bah! So what?

The only reason I'll buy NWN is not to use previous char, but to come to NWN forum to spit!!! (like I don't have enough material to spit onto in this forum...LOL)
    Of course, if it ever gets released.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Yeah but Neverwinter Nights will be what you make of it. Don't like it? Make your own. That's the point I get out of it. I figured you all would like that. You decide how much hack n' slash or stories or whatever. It's all about YOU. No more blaming its a crappy game on others, it is what you make of it.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

THIS IS A LONGSHOT: Does anyone know how good the gameDesigning program will be? The one for Vampire the Mascarade sucked. I really don't feel like building my own setting if the design phase takes forever. And hence I won't buy NWN if it is so.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is a discussion best posted in the NWN forum...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.