1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Supremacy Spells (Custom)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Yep that spell should disable spell casting, and last for a little duration, and definitely allow a save for half.

Grand Great Spectrum of Light(HLA for clerics)

Range: Caster
    Casting Time: 3
    Duration: Instant
    Saving Throw: None
    Area of Effect: 10 feet radius

When the priest casts this spell he channels a massive amount of divine energy into a glorious light which is harmful to enemies and beneficial to the allies. All enemies who see the light (near 10' of the caster when the spell is casted) are permanently blinded and act confused for 2 rounds. There is no saving throw. All allies who see the light (near 10' of the caster when the spell is casted) are cured of any ailments, any negative spell or spell like effects are dispelled, such as hold, stun, paralysis, confusion, charm, poison, berserk, panic, blindness, deafness, silence, etc. The spell does not heal HP or restore drained levels though.
    Elemental Coctail (evocation)
    (level 7, mage)

Range: Sight of the Caster
    Casting Time: 7
    Saving Throw: Save vs spell for half
    Area of Effect: 1 target

Unlike most of the evocation spells, caster focuses multiple types of elemental energies and release them as a glowing misile of energy which goes unerringly to its target. Upon contact the combined coctail of elemental energies wash over the victim and do 4d6 damage of acid, fire, cold and lightning. The victim can make seperate saves vs spells for each damage type for half-damage.

Psysination (Enchantment)
    (Levl 8, mage)

Casting Time: 8
    Saving Throw: Special
    Area of Effect: 1 victim

This powerful enchantment spell targets the victim's mind and tries to crush it completely, causing an instant and painless death. If the victim fails a save vs spell at a frightening -3 penalty, he dies immediately as psysination works through the victim's mind and orders him to die! If succesful however, he is held by the spell's massive power and remains uncapacitated for 1d4+1 rounds.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Oh you're evil Silver! I was thinking of a spell like the Priest HLA, something with lights that would blind and paralyze, but i like the beneficial effects! I just like the sound of elemental coctail, so I'm sure that would be good! As for the last spell, damn you're evil! I would've preffered something like EXTREME PAIN, which would have made it sound more terrifying! Well Silver, here's another one of my super-powered spells ... enjoy! :D

A Thousand Cuts (Evocation)
    (Wizard HLA)
    Casting Time: 6
    Duration: Instant, plus 1 round / level
    Saving Throw: 1/2
    Area of Effect: 1 Creature

This spell is nothing short of extraordinary, as once the words have been articulated for this spell, literally a thousand knives rush out from some unknown plain though portals of magic and all simultaneously thrust towards their unfortunate target. This spell has the tendency to rip a creature to shreds within an instant, as the unlucky creature suffers 15d10 damage. A save versus spell will reduce this damage by half, but can still be deadly. However, if the unfortunate creature is lucky enough to survive the primary damage, it only gets worse for them, as the target then takes 1d5 of bleeding damage because of the great amount of incisions made by the knives, which last for 1 round / level of the wizard.

I think I know just what you're going to say Silver! :D

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Gee, do we have a psychic bond of some sort?

Now that HLA looks pretty decent, the name is scary! You didn'T mention that if a save cancels bleeding damage or not. (I suppose not) Hmm let us see in numbers, it does, with a made save, 7d10+1/2=approx.40 damage, and ongoing bleeding damage does 20d5, approx. 60 damage. Not bad for a HLA, though it is a single target type spell, as compared to Comet and DB which are slayers of (drow) armies so I guess it may need a little extra punch. :D Will it bypass MR? (Ofcourse! No MR can help against a thousand nasty cutting knives! )

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Indeed, MR shouldn't be able to do anything to save the victim! But if you think it doesn't do that much damage, we could maybe add some poison effects to it ... :D ! Now THAT would be evil ... 1 thousand knives coming at you in all directions to leave you hanging in bits, only if you survive you'd have to deal with the poison! AAAHHHH, we're so evil!

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Yes poison damage would be better, I don't think BG2 has mechanics for bleeding damage like in IWD2. Poison is always good though you should make it a save vs death for poison damage, if a save vs poison is allowed at all, (which I think you would not allow BUT most posions SHOULD have a save IMHO) and a save vs spell for half damage from blades? And you need to change the spell name IMHO, to make it sound poisonous, nasty, deadly etc.

6. Fly2tHeSkY

Hmmm, if we want to make it sound more deadly, how bout adding in that NO KNIFE WILL MISS THEIR TARGET ... thus no save! :D . That means that then that all poison damage will be in effect, thus 15d10+15 damage, plus maybe 1d15 round/level. Plus, MR won't do a thing for the target either! Oh yes, maybe it should be noted that while the target suffers this extreme damage, it should be too much for their body to handle, and thus they are paralzyed for 10 rounds. Or maybe that doesn't sound deadly enough. :D

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Easy Sebastian, you want to make it a spell with 15d10+15 damage, stuns with no save for outstanding 10 rounds, and then adds 1d15 poison damage per round for 20 rounds, which means a SICK amount of 20d15 damage? Add the fact that victim is completelt paralyzed in the first rounds while poison works through his body and he suffers 10d15 additional damage before he is able to move?

This will be a 'one shot and you are dead for sure' spell! Who cares for Comet then?

8. Fly2tHeSkY

I mean, if we REALLY wanted to make it a mean HLA spell, we could add a few more abilities. How about, because of the sudden rush of pain, the victim is unable to comprehend the naturality of his surroundings correctly and is thus paralyzed for 1 round/level. However, the victim can make a save each round, and if successful, he is able to move freely again. BUT, if he fails his save, the original poison damage will double each round from the previous round.

Now THAT's evil!!! :D

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The spell gets more and more complicated, I am not sure if one can really code this spell or game engine allows it?

Can you post a final, revised version of the spell please?

AND BTW no one wants to code those spells? Is it so damn hard or tiring? I even invented spells which can easily be created (Wel hopefully) by editing existing spells for ease of coding. :cry:

10. Fly2tHeSkY

A Thousand Cuts (Evocation)
    (Wizard HLA)
    Casting Time: 7
    Duration: Instant, plus 1 round / level, Special
    Saving Throw: ½, Special

This spell is nothing short of extraordinary, as once the words have been articulated for this spell, literally a thousand knives rush out from some unknown plain though portals of magic and all simultaneously thrust towards their unfortunate target. This spell has the tendency to rip a creature to shreds within an instant, as the unlucky creature suffers 15d10+10 damage. A save versus spell will reduce this damage by half, but can still be deadly. However, if the unfortunate creature is lucky enough to survive the primary damage, it only gets worse for them, as the target then takes 1d5+1 of poison damage because of the great amount of incisions made by the knives, which last for 1 round / level of the wizard up to a maximum of 33 rounds. However, because of the sudden rush of pain, the victim is unable to comprehend the naturalness of his surroundings correctly and is thus paralysed for 1 round / level of the caster up to a maximum of 33 rounds, unless a save is made (meaning only 1 round of paralysation will occur and that is it). This spell gets even deadlier, as the victim can make a save each round to avoid paralysation, and if successful, he is able to move freely again. BUT, if he fails his save, the original poison damage will increase by 1d5 each round from the previous round. Thus, a character fails his save and is paralysed, taking 1d5+1 poison damage for that round. However, during the next round, if he fails his save again, the poison damage will increase to 2d5+1. If he fails his save yet again during the next round, he will receive 3d5+1 poison damage and etc. up to a maximum of 7d5+1 of poison damage per round. After the 7th save (which is 7d5+1 poison damage/round), the victim may still be paralysed, but the poison damage will return to normal after this time, as the lethality of the knives will have conceded. However, if a character makes his save to begin with (after 1 round of paralysation which cannot be ignored), the victim can no longer be paralysed or take additional amounts of poison damage, he will only receive the normal amounts of poison damage each round.

THERE WE GO!!! How bout that for a HLA huh!!! Too much Silver? :D

I might as well start on a new spell now!

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The saving throw vs the poison should be a save vs death, so spell enables two seperate save types?

Why don't you make the blade damage lesser, and unsavable, but offer a save vs poison for poison damage and paralysis?

It is pretty powerful BTW!

12. Fly2tHeSkY

I know Silver! I know! :D

Here's another one for you:

Burning Ambition (Alteration)
    (Wizard HLA)
    Range: N/A
    Casting Time: 10
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: N/A
    Area of Effect: Caster

This spell is VERY dangerous, as once the wizard invokes the words for this spell, he becomes a tool of evil, polymorph himself into a Greater Black Abishaine for 1 round/level of experience, which is an extremely rare demon, one that has been mutated and magically transformed by suffering years of war in hell. These ravenous demons think about nothing but ripping apart every living thing they encounter. Their eyes glow a bright red and feel only hate within themselves. They are tremendously fast, eerily powerful and are capable of transforming entire cities to ruins. Once the wizard has become one of these powerful demons, he gains the ability to cast the same spells a Greater Black Abishaine would, although he will be unable to cast his regular spells. The wizard gains the same number of demon spells that he has, ie. If the wizard is able to cast 5 level 9 spells, he can cast 5 9th level demon spells. The caster gains an AC bonus of -20 and moves at an alarming rate and also gains a 10ft aura radius, which deals 1d10 fire damage to any creature (except allies) within 10ft of the caster. In addition to gaining demon spells, the caster also gains the ability to attack like the demon. The caster is able to do 4 attacks/round and will do 2d10 on each hit, with 1d10 of fire damage and 1d10 of dark (magic) damage. After the duration of the spell has passed, the caster will return to his former self, changing back into his regular form and regaining his ability to cast mage spells again, but because the transformation back to human form is so strenuous, the wizard loses ½ of his maximum hitpoints (which may be enough to kill him). Not only is the change to human form hard enough, but the caster has a 35% chance that upon polymorphing back to human form, he will go insane. This spell is extremely dangerous, saved best for desperate times, although can be quite useful if one knew how to deal with it properly.

Well what do you think about that Silver!

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

That is....nasty. What do you mean Demonic Spells? What spells can the transformed demon can cast? If he casts 5 free powerful 9th level spells than I think this spell is horribly unbalanced, despite the punishment given to caster in the end. (Healing a mage is easy and chaotic commands or similar spell may make insanity obsolete.)

14. Fly2tHeSkY

See, that's the part I really didn't have any idea about! I guess people could just add in their owns spells, ie. Having a discussion on here about it!

But what do you think about it Silver, because I like it! :D

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Umm tactics improved pitfiends cast remove magic, 20d6 fireballs, imp.invisibility, symbol stun and has a fear aura, they also gate in a new pitfiend when near death. Can it give you some ideas?

BTW I don't think anybody except us is really all that interested Sebastian. :wail:

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Meh, I'm sure if it ever happens somebody will make up some spells!

Oh yeh, don't worry Silver, it may be just us in here, but we're making some nice spells huh!

How bout another one while we're here eh:

Elemental Lethality Virus (Evocation)
    (Wizard 8)
    Casting Time: 10
    Duration: 1 round / level
    Saving Throw: (special) ½ and negate

This is quite a horrible spell. Once the wizard has uttered the correct words for this spell, a terrible essence of energy is released from the hand’s of the wizard and off to its unsuspecting target. The essence created resembles that of a shadow, but seems to drink the light around it. The essence is actually a combination of influences from all the elemental planes, that has been fused together. Once the essence hits its target, the unlucky victim feels terrible instant pain, although it doesn’t stop there.

The target initially receives 1d10+5 of cold, fire, electricity, acid, poison, shadow, magic, air and physical damage but because of the terrible force involved, the target is also paralysed for 3 rounds without a save. After this, the target’s fate only gets worse. Every round after this, the target will receive another 1d5+1 of all the above elemental damage and will become paralysed. A save each round will half the damage and negate the paralysation. The target is also slowed for 10 rounds without a save.

Also, because of the terrible strain the essence does to the target, he must make a save vs magic at -4 every 5 rounds or temporarily (next five rounds) lose 6 points of every stat. Every effect lasts for 1 round/level of the caster’s experience.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

So you love high power spells eh?
    BTW waht is shadow and air damage? I am not sure if there is some typw of damage like that.

Shooting Star (conjuration)
    (mage, level 6)
    Casting Time: 6
    Saving Throw: ½
    Area of Effect: 30 feet radius

This spell will conjure a little meteroite from the heavens and once the spell is completed, it will come crashing down the target area. The initial explosion does 6d6+6 fire damage to 30 feet radius, with a save vs spells for half. Additionaly the weight of the crushing meteorite does 5d6 bludgeoning damage, and no save is allowed for that.

Nightmare (enchantment)
    (mage, level 6)
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Special

This powerful spells plays with the hidden fears and phobias of the victim, and if the victim fails a save vs spells at -4 penalty, he is terribly panicked as his mind is lost within a most horrific nightmare its own mind can create. This panick lasts for 1 round/caster level in this case. Every round, the victim either runs away with panic or is totally paralyzed because of the fear. (%50 chance each)

If the save was succesful though, the victim somehow manages to shrug off the panic, however is still paralyzed for 1d4 rounds because of the terrible fear he felt.

Cold Arrow (conjuration)
    (mage, level 3)
    Duration: Instant, 4 rounds
    Saving Throw: (special) ½ and negate

Similar to lvl 3 spell flame arrow, this spell creates magical arrows imbued with deep chilling cold. The arrows fly to the target unerringly. Each arrow inflicts 1d6 piercing and 3d6 cold damage. The caster can create 1 arrow for each 5 experience levels. The victim can save vs spells for half damage. If the save is failed however, the victim is slowed by the penetrating cold for 4 rounds.

Larloch's Major Drain(necromancy)
    (mage, level 5)
    Casting Time:5
    Duration: 1 round / level
    Saving Throw: ½

More powerful version of the 1st level spell, the Lich King Larloch used this spell heavily for his own nourishment and fun. This spell steals the life force of the victim greatly and adds it to the caster, healing it, and even extra HP can last for 1 round/level. The victim feels great pain and takes 1d4 damage per caster level, and this amount heals the caster, exceeding HP is lost after 1 round/level. The victim is allowed a save vs spell, if succesful the damage is halved. If the save is failed though, there is a slight chance that the spell will also tap in the pure life force of the unfourtunate vicitm, and the victim can lose 1d2 levels. (%5 chance upon a failed save) This spell can not be casted continously to radically increase the HP of the caster, the new casting will not heal the caster until the first one's duration runs out.

Elemental Aura (abjuration) (sphere:protection, chaos)
    (cleric, level 5
    druid, level 4)
    Range: Touch
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Duration: 2 rounds / level
    Saving Throw: None

This spell imbues the recipient with a random elemental aura of fire, cold, lightning, or acid. The recipient immediately gains total immunity to the corresponding element, and not only that, the elemental powers actually may heal him. (+%127 resistance) Additionaly, whenever a creature hits the recipient, the elemental aura attacks the creature as follows:

Fire:1d12 damage, save vs spell for half
    Cold:1 cold damage, save vs spell or slowed for 2 rounds.
    Lightning:1 lightning damage, save vs spell or stunned for 1 round.
    Acid:1 acid damage, save vs spells or 1 continous acid damage each round for 1d4 rounds.

The spell lasts for 2 rounds/lvel or until dispelled.
    Only one type of Elemental Aura can be active on a character at one time.

What do you think Sebastian? I tend to create spells NOT hugely powerful, but interesting and useful. WHat are your ideas?

[ December 25, 2005, 19:01: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

18. Fly2tHeSkY

OK Silver! Sorry, I've been away, but here's my latest edition!

Instant Inner Implosion (Evocation)
    (Wizard HLA)
    Casting Time: 15
    Saving Throw: Negates (Special)
    Area of Effect: Up to 15 creatures

This is a truly horrible spell. Once the caster has finished uttering the correct words, a dark burst of magic is thrust out from the caster, and immediately rushes towards the mage’s nearest enemies. The unsuspecting victims will freeze for 1 round because of the immense amount of dark energy that has just been forced into their bodies, unable to make actions of any sort. After the victim has regained consciousness, he must make a save vs magic. If he does make the save, the victim may escape the brunt of the attack, but he will still feel part of it because of the darkness still held within. The victim will still suffer immense pain, taking 10d15 of magic damage (magic resistance will do nothing as the energy comes from a darker plane) and will be weakened for 1 turn, taking a -5 hit on strength, constitution and dexterity stats.

However, if the victim fails his saving throw, it is not a pretty sight. Immediately, the victim will begin to feel pain. Within seconds, every single muscle, bone and orifice will begin to turn to liquid. And after 3 rounds, the victim will die. His hit points will drop so fast from that point, that it is impossible to save him and even more so, resurrect him. This spell will affect up to 15 enemies of the caster in his sight and although this spell is immensely powerful and useful, it is extremely dangerous to behold.

Now, is it possible to get any more evil! :D

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ouch it is nasty indeed. Though I don't get it how the vicitm dies if he fails a save. You say it dies in 3 rounds, so at the end of 3 rounds will it die all of a sudden (possibly disintegrate effect or smashed petrfy effect?) or will it start losing HP wildly (as you mentioned) starting at first round, and lose all of them in the third and final round?

20. Fly2tHeSkY

Well Silver, I was going for the victim feelin fine to begin with, then finish off suddenly with a gooified ending! :D

I guess it's up to you, what do you think? And did you like the new addition to our collection!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.