1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tactics: Improved Druid Grove

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Evil Dad, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Chimera Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The "rebalanced" shapeshifter component of EoU probably.

2. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

No, its a druid spell for all druids and their muticlasses and the EoU component doesn't mention this. In fact, its an original spell that has been upgraded.

3. Chimera Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

from the EoU readme:
    "Conjure Animals" has been changed
    to summon two 20 HD Greater Bearweres (they're like Greater Wolfweres).

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Ah, so it is ;)

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had the same problems as Advanced Simplicity. I first tried taking her on with Cernd in my party and he got chunked the second round. I then kicked him out of my party as I seemed to recall that it was scripted that he would always win that fight and just like for AS they were at it for a long time with Cernd getting free greater restorations every other round but after he started doing damage to her for the first time he just dropped dead. I am going to try now again but I found it a tad annoying.

Well, he died the second time too after a very long time of slugging it out.

Heh, I SK'ed in 100+ resistances for Cernd in everything to see what happens. This time I kept him in my party. The first time he falls victim to natures beauty in the first round and the second time Faldorn can somehow hurt him for 60+ damage each round despite him being immune to everything and should by all means be healed by whatever she does. Oh and I also gave him a few extra million XP. All for naught. Perhaps I should go back to Trademeet and get that poison?

[ September 10, 2004, 23:34: Message edited by: joacqin ]

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31

I have just done this myself with Jaheira lvl 13/13.

I used Insect Plague immediatly and then summoned 4 Greater Bearweres. Without these installed I would not have stood a chance, I can't see how Fire Elementals would be that effective in their place. I think this was definatly a component that expects you to have Cernd with rebalanced shapeshifter.

I think the Improved Grove was quite fun as well, but my party is just out from the Underdark (rushed for Immy) and my sorcereress tore apart Kylan Lind's party. I don't even know how powerful their attacks were as they never saw her :D

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well my druids are lvl 11 if I have everything legit. Nor do I have the thing installed which gives you bearweres. I just want to get past her. Not even scripted Cernd can beat her, that is impressive.

Scripted SKed Cernd managed to beat her, but now he is barred from my party due to being way too high a level. Oh well, I am going to use Mazzy for the first time. She gets a long with Korgan right?

[ September 11, 2004, 12:23: Message edited by: joacqin ]

8. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow. So it sounds like it's actually my set of mods that allows my scripted Cernd to defeat Improved Faldorn. Or a few of you guys all have the same mod-incompatibility. Sigh. Off to tinker.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.