1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Taliban

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kevlar0101, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Lokken it is true so don't start ok?
    People are going to starve in their millions and that is all that matters.
    If these attacks take place then i will consider the us not worthy of being titled civilised.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

May I please have a reference to your source? I would very much like to know.

The people are starving anyway, it should be corn and not opium on those fields.
    And why should US shoot civilians or destroy fields?
    It's the military who supports terrorists that's the enemy, not the local farmers. I truly don't believe you would aim one single bomb or missile at a plain contryside, where's the terrrorist I'm asking?

A good thing of an attack, would be to get rid of that Taliban rule. Perhaps Afghanistan could even open trade routes with the western world.

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

oh please moronic behaiviour does not suit you!
    If you READ what i put you would have seen that i said that the aid workers have been chucked out of the country! this is because obviously they are british and some american and cannot be allowed to stay in a country which will soon be at war with them.
    The aid supplied by this people is essential to the survival of millions of people in afganistan and if the aid is notreturned soon the will begin to perish.
    There has been a 3 year drought and what i am saying is pure fact. Go and find out on the internet if you want!
    BTW:I have my source from the BBC 6 o'clock news actually!

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh! So what you're saying is that the US should attack quickly and get it over with so that the aid workers can return... ;)

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I did read your post and I know the aid-workers are gone, but you make sound like an attack is the cause of the starvation and not the withdrawl of the aid-workers
    well, how many is that, is that the millions you speak of? how would I know?
    not a single reference to the aid-workers being involved in the starvation of millions of people here, you are more like blaming the bombs or soldiers for the starvation of millions.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 18, 2001).]

6. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Lokken i am sory but i wrote it wrong.
    And i think it is funny that you say:
    you are more like blaming the bombs or soldiers for the starvation of millions.

When it clearly states in my quote the word indirectly! lol.
    And as for BTA Get it over quickly?
    Don't make me laugh the American army is the most useless in the world!
    vietnam?

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually, if you were really keeping up with the news, you would realize that the aid workers had already been targeted before the attacks. The aid workers are accused of trying to convert Muslims to Christianity; in Afghanistan, the offense is punishable by death. Here is a link updating the situation in regards to two of the US workers:

US Aid Workers

Incidentally, both spellings of Taleban appear to be correct. I'm not sure if they are simply alternate spellings, or if one is plural and the other singular.

Arkados, good point about human nature... bad point about Japan. It's true we've got to accept the natural tendencies of man towards evil, and deal with it in a realistic way. That's why we're not preaching love and restraint to the terrorists; we're being realists. Die bin Laden die. :D

On the other hand.... "Japan had a foreign policy, America didn't like it"? You mean Japan's foreign policy of surprise attacking the US, and then declaring war on them? :rolleyes:

8. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] And i suppose you colonials sent the Indians a note of warning before you slaughtered them?:D:D :hippy:

PS: It does not matter what shit the aid workers got up to there. 99% of them were doing good and now people wil starve because they are gone!

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Dargorn, you really shouldn't make absurd statements like "the American army is the most useless in the world" if you want people to take your other statements seriously.

And about the aid workers leaving, you can place that firmly at the feet of the terrorists, and the Taliban that provide them shelter in Afghanistan.

10. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Sorry i forgot Americans are the unbeatable gods of the universe.
    And if America did not threaten action then the aid workers would not have been expelled.

11. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    *sigh* And if America had not been attacked by terrorists sheltered in Afghanistan, they would not have threatened any action... How far back shall we take this absurdity? If you want to allow terrorism to run rampant through the world because there are no consequences for their actions, that's your choice; I don't think you'll find many that will agree with you no matter how noble your reasons for your position are.

12. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Let's see... "unbeatable gods of the universe" or "useless."

Sorry but the name "Extremist" is already taken. Try to inject a little common sense into your comments. Or maybe even read a history book. Did you just glom on to the fact that the U.S. was kicked out of Vietnam, or have you bothered to read about the reasons why?

And as was already pointed out to you, the Taliban started kicking out aid workers not long after they blew up every Buddha statue they could find.

Care to comment on the fact that the US gave $117 million in humanitarian aid in 2001? How exactly do we end up being the bad guys if we were the ones giving them food in the first place? You can hardly expect Americans to remain in the country at this point EVEN IF WE DO NOT ATTACK AFGHANISTAN. Do you really think that they're safe over there even if no US troops enter the country?

Where are you from? Don't you even have an educational system, or is just an string of propaganda about the Yankee capitalist pig-dogs and their evil ways of eating children and sacrificing them to MTV?

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Uh... Daragorn, America wouldn't have threatened action if several planes full of their citizens hadn't been hijaked and flown into various highly populated working centers, resulting in the deaths of said passengers and the inhabitants of said working centers.

I'm a little confused by this whole thread:

1.) a ton of American citizens have been murdered. Arkados's reaction was to go into the chat room and admit laughing at the deaths, then claim the moral high ground in the thread... interesting. Arkados's argument is now that instead of retaliating for the death's of its citizens, America should shower its suspected attacker with love and sustenance.

2.) Daragorn, aside from my point above, honestly you just seem to be pointlessly ranting about not liking America, or Americans very much. Bringing up different times in a countries history where they weren't bahaving very nicely is rather irrelevent to the subject... bring up any 'civilized' country and you can come up with attrocities in the most horrible form. Especially if your talking about a 200 year timespan.

3.) Kevlar? America = nazi regime?? were you joking? As far as I know the US hasn't staged an attempt to dominate all of Europe in a military takeover, and the US has not participated in ethnic cleansing. What exactly are you so angry about? which brings me to my long delayed point:

4.) Why are so many people so pissed off about the enourmous number of Afghani civilians that the US has not killed? Correct me if I'm wrong, a couple thousand (at least) Americans died, and no retaliation has been launched.

So what are you all so angry about?

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] His profile says England. I would have thought anyone from there had more sense and would actually think things over and not speak about matters they have only vague knowledge about. Hearing con comments is one thing, but when they're wrong, pointless and based on personal opinions rather than facts, you can't expect anyone to take you seriously. :toofar:

I'm just waiting for the remark that those aid workers had it coming to them since they were meddling in affairs that are none of their business. Yes, it seems that people who for some reason unknown to me want to show more compassion for the terrorist nations then the victims of their atrocities will use any argument no matter how ridiculous.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

When one is upset its hard to focus on issues. Basicly what Dargorn is trying to say is:

a) that not all Afghanistans are of equal opinions. True
    b) That conventional warfare is obsolete to the US against terrorism. True
    c*) Killing Bin Laden, will not accomplish a whole lot. Partually true

*Note added to c) Taliban has just declared war on US. Check Tals's link. Ok? If it comes so far that Bin Laden is in danger, I think he would be smart enough to donate his funds in some way or another to Taliban leaders like Mullah Mohammed Omar (link below) Or he would distribute it out to his many branches across the world. So the fact that it is pointless to kill Bin Laden is partually true .

It is however also partually wrong since killing Bin Laden will be as good as any first step of many, to make the world safer.

I wont put anything more since I have told my opinion in WTC-thread. Those of you who really wants to debate this knows it. And those who just wants to flame, I wont spend anymore time on explaining myself twice.

Link: link

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 19, 2001).]

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

I cannot cope with you Americans anymore. Why do you need such a large drug problem when you can get so high on your egos!

I am bored of all this slaughtering as i have a;ready told Nobleman in an e mail i sent.
    I have had enough of this constant war and disrespect for the sanctity of human life!
    I would never willingly kill another human unless i absolutely had too!
    ythe fact is i have watched the world destroying itself over and over again and i am sick of it. I mean really sick.
    America and the terrorists and Britain and every other country i can think of are all guilty (but the first two more than others).
    The USA and the Afgans or Talibans or whatever you call them are just as bad as each other. Go on slaughter each other! You could try to end the violence now by just shutting the fuck up but no! you must attack to protect your huge egos.
    Well i tell you i could not give a flying fuck anymore! I don't care if people died in America, I don't care if you go and slaughter the afgans! I have had enough and now i will sit back and watch happily and smuggly as you destroy each other!
    Good Luck to you! And all you other murdering Nazi's out there!

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

hmmmm :idea: I think you need some time to relax. You are getting stressed up. Pull out the plug on the SP, and take a few days with strolls and walks in the forrests and nature.

Noone will gain anymore in this thread tonight, I think.

EDITED HERE: Dargorn I think a key word you are looking for is UNconventional warfare. This is Infact the army's (CIA's) current strategy as Shralp also indicates.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 19, 2001).]

18. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Yeah let the Americans make their foolish judgement while we the inoccent british get dragged into this show of Nazi barbarism.
    :hippy:

19. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dargorn, you do realize half the people arguing against you are not American, anyway?

I don't recall if I've posted this somewhere, or if I just talked about it in the chatroom, but I'll go ahead and remind you here. I am NOT for killing either. As a matter of fact, if I were drafted into the army, I would request for a medical or tech position, so that I would not have to personally take someone's life. At the same time, I do recognize the necessity of a reprisal. As has been pointed out by many people, you just can't let this go and expect the terrorists to be happy. Granted we need some changes in foreign policy, and I'm sure the US will be taking a very close look at that. But at this point, changing policy is not enough. Even if we were to lay down and capitulate to every terrorist demand, it would only lead to more demands as they capitalized on our perceived weakness.

20. sorvo Guest

I am an american but I don't care where you live! Don't all of you realize that this guy and his followers goal is either rule the world or destroy it! I think that includes all of us.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.