1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tavern of Infinity 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Shura, May 8, 2003.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"He awakes!" Nirnaeth said, in a voice slightly to loud than he meant to, directed at himself, "Now maybe we shall get the answers we want".
    "Thank you ... I will tell you all ... but first ... i need several glasses of water ..." The hooded figure said.
    "A glass of water over here please" the halfling yelled "and hurry up about it!"
    As the water arrived he gave it to the hooded figure and while the man was drinking Nirnaeth started to ask a series of questions.
    "What happened?"
    "What was the staff?"
    "Where did you get it from?"
    "Are you all right?"
    And a load other questions related to the skull staff.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The young man accepts the water and gulps it down. Pushing the glass away, he seems to recuperate some of his lost strength and sits up panting slightly...

"Thankyou again ... anyway, I am Glint. I have been lumbered with this curse for many months which i recieved whilst adventuring with a group of friends. I know not where i was but i remember stumbling into a treasure horde after defeating an evil baron far from here... It was then that i saw the staff ... it intrigued me and i fell in love with it. But the moment I touched it, part of my life stream entered it which activated the staff... the skull's sockets glowed a blood red and a black force came ... it was the baron ... he entered the staff and tried to control me... since then i have been fighting a continuous battle with the spirit. I wasn't able to smash the staff as the baron's hold on me was too strong to resist but not strong enough to possess me entirely. I have been slowly losing to his constant onslaught... I had to leave my friends as there were times that the baron would control me for a matter of moments and turn me into an insane being, destroying everything in my path and at times, attack my friends... Now that his presence is gone, i can feel my own strength returning... Still, the baron has taken part of my life stream and i seek to take it back... This staff *throws it on the floor* is useless now ... it was nothing more then a trap should the baron fall... Again, i thank you friends ... I am in your debt! ... I pray ask thee, what be your names?

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"I am Lithien," she says in her soft voice. "A follower of the Dark Maiden. And you are most certainly not in my debt. I am just doing my job," she smiles warmly at the man before her, then turned to the halfling. "Where do you think that gnome went?"

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Glint smiles back as warmly as his strength will allow back at the elf.

"The Dark Maiden? Who is she? Sounds familiar? Ach! *face creases in pain* hold on one moment..."

Glint stands up and with much effort and concentration performs a pattern and mumbles some words. A golden light envelopes him for afew moments and then sinks into his body. He then sitsback down, looking much stronger then he had previously.

"Again, i apologise, I had to make sure i can endure this pain but please continue"

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Startled, the halfling falls off the back of his chair. After muttering a few swear words the halfling stands up. "Oh, of course, how could i forget. That halfling. I swear he was standing just over their," the Halfling said, pointing to the place where he last saw the gnome.
    "But it doesn't matter" Nirnaeth said quickly dismissing the elfs enquiry (spelling?). "He probably just used one of his inter plane travel spell things of his".
    Forgetting about the gnome the halfling turns to Glint, "Have you still got any other items you found there?"

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Glint ponders for a moment and then looks back at the Halfling.

"Yes ... apart from the gold and some scolls i scribed into my spellbook, i was also able to aquire a ring."

Revealing his other hand, he shows Nirnaeth a silver ring on his finger. It looks everything like a normal silver ring except that it radiates a blue aura.

"This ring helps replenish me with my battle against life draining forces ... it helped against the baron but wasn't able to match his assertions ..."

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Shura smiled and swirled the tea leaves at the bottom of his mug. He had fought in countless battles across the planes, defeated thousands of foes and counted archangels and demon lords amongst those that have fallen to his blades. Still, he felt weary then, and had little inclination to intervene in a conflict that would not serve his cause.

" Aye," There was just the slightest tone of condescension in his voice. " You would do well to respond to the threat, Jacques. Of all the folk that have gathered here this night, you seem to be the most able to handle it."

" Nice blade, by the way."

OOC: Was thinking of Shura as a 3rd edition D&D character. After some thinking, I place him as a Fighter 24/Psychic Warrior 3/ Monk 3, ignoring the fact that monks have to lawful in alignment. Yes, I LOVE the Epic Level Handbook.

8. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

The door swings open and a medium sized human dressed in torn, black clothes enters. The remainings of a torn, partially burned cloak reveal a long, curved sword strapped to his side. He sits down at a free table by a wall and calls for the barmaid. Carefully observing everyone present he orders a drink of Vodka.

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

"Again with the bloody water. To regain your strength, he should be drinking Klah, the national drink of Dagrah. That drink can give you back the strength of at least 3 men, relatively small people, female people. Alright put you at about 3 times the normal halfling girls strength, but that is still pretty strong. But NO, bloody water rules again. And what's with that bloke over there, with the tea. Who drinks TEA? Pansies do, that's who. Pansies and fairies and the like. I bet he's half pixie. Bloody tea, what is the world coming to?" And with that, he walked over to the bar to entertain the still partially invisible tavern wench.

10. Rotku

"Ummm... yes, I'm glad to say I don't think thats it" the halfling said, refering to the blue glowing ring. "Are you sure theres nothing else you found there? anything at all that could contain somesort of force in it?"
    After a pause the halflings eyes lite up "I've got it!" With that he reaches into his cloak and grabs out the same metal rode he had out before. He waves it in the air and once again a silver trail follows its head. With a disappointed look on his face Nirnaeth sits down.
    "I was wrong, it's still here" and with a deep sigh he orders a strong drink from the bartender.

11. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

"Ahh, the halfling awakes and orders a drink. A strong drink at that. I wonder if he likes Ginnan Tonnics. Dumb question, everyone likes Ginnan Tonnics. I reckon even swordy over there likes them. Think I'll ask him. Outta the way hairy, you're cramping my style." And with this, the man walked over to see if Shura was fond of Ginnan Tonnics.

12. Rotku

As the Ginnan Tonnic loving drunk pushes past the halfling he turned, almost spilling his drink, back to the table where the elf and man were and headed back.

13. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

"Oi, shorty! Did you call me a drunk!!! I'll show YOU drunk, you little midget. You are going to witness dwarf tossing First Hand! C'mere..." The man turned and grabbed the halfling by its hairy feet and started to spin around, Hammertoss style. After reaching his maximum velocity, he released the halfling, right into the maw of hairy, the big greedy bastard closing his mouth on the little hairy delectible.
    "Not quite as good as Emporer Dagroth's hippos, but still pretty good."
    He turned back to the bar as the halfling was spat out by the devil.

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Glint notes what the dwarf did, frowns and staggers over to the Halfling and picks him up.

"Whats up with him?" asks Glint

When they getback to the table, he sets the Halfling back down and sits back in his seat. He then looks over at the Dwarf and whilst his back is turned and is looking at a pretty barmaid, Glint takes the opportunity to mutter a few words and points at the Dwarf's pint glass, which fades from sight.

Smirking slightly then dropping it as quickly as it was raised, he turns to the Halfling

"What were you doing with the rod earlier?"

15. Rotku

"er, yes the rod. Well..." said. He rubbed his head and muttered a curse towards the dwarf before continuing. "Well" he repeated, "As i said my name is Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Yes, thats right the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Well I've been sent by ... lets for now just say someone with a lot of power where i come from, to track something down. The rod is mearly a means of finding it".
    Turning to the elf the halfling inquired "Lithien, I'm sure you must have come across some items like the one our friend here had before? Would be able to spot one at a glance?"

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"I am sensitive to a few types of magic, Eilistraee and Lloth touched items I can sense at quite some distance. Items that radiate powerful evil or very strong good are also easy picks. I'd say that I could pick out such items if I was searching for them."

17. Rotku

"Ummm ... so i guess it would be stupid of me to ask you if you can detect any strong magic items in this tavern?"

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Well, I guess it can't hurt to try," Lithien sits on a seat and assumes a cross legged stance, closes her eyes and concentrates. Using her metapsychic powers she first detects her own magical items: her sword, her flute and picalo and her armbands. Then she sends her power out further and encounters the magical brilliance of the ring. Extending it further she encloses the room with her energy, searching out the power radiated by magical items... (ooc: Leaving it up to others to see what she finds).

19. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

The man in the corner watches the elf closely, and suddenly the hilt of his katana starts glowing in a icy blue light. He decides that since it's already revealed that his sword is magical he might as well show it to the other visitors in the tavern. He draws it and places it on the table.

"This is Frostblade. It's enchanted with the power of ice, and is sentient to some extent. It has other useful magical qualities as well, but one mustn't reveal his every secret"

20. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

OOC: Hmmm. Frostmage...guy in tatttered black cloak with a katana...sigh. Ah well, it's your post anyway... :(

The elf's magic sense halted abruptly ten feet away from Shura's table. As she blinked in surprise, the swordsman shook his head and laughed quietly.

" Best not try that again, elf." Shura reached to his back and unsheathed the third sword he kept about his person. It was a short, blunt blade, its dull length embedded with clumps of blue and green crystal. He placed it on his table in plain view. " Rune Breaker automatically repels any form of magic that attempts to affect its owner."

" Besides this, I have no other items of enchantment on my person. Cold, honest steel serves a true warrior well enough. I hope that satisfied your curiousity."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.