1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Teenage Boys-Have Brains Or Not?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Eze, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Speaking of maturity, that was one of the least mature posts I've seen in a while. If you want to come across as an intelligent adult, my advice to you would be to study spelling and punctuation rules.

Yeah, like none of those are ever posted in these forums...

2. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Yeah, like none of those are ever posted in these forums..."

Just because other people post this garbage doesn't mean Eze had to join the crowd...

As for spelling and punctuation... sure I used the "..." thing a few to many time but honestly did you have any problem reading my post? At least I didn't use the half-assed abbreviations...

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This conversation is getting somehow amusing :D

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

It is indeed.
    Turn people into a fight? Oh, and just who are all those people exactly? You?

If you're immature enough to take such a comment so personally that you need to start complaining about it in the manner that you do, then perhaps you should spend some time thinking about your own motivations in this. I can see no-one else taking the issue of "teenage boys stupid?" so seriously.

[ April 26, 2003, 21:23: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

5. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31

How un-seriously do you want me to take it when I'm being called and idiot? And I came to the thread to ask why would one make such a topic what does it prove? Does it help anyone? Does it even have a purpose other than to be annoying?

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ezellohar, at your age, there's not too many "nice" boys.

You have to wait until you're about 16.

It's completely different at that age. Just try to be patient with them. ;)

7. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well,nobody called you an idiot,and if you feel somebody did it,only not so clearly expressed,than it's the same thing you did to Eze,I think.

I'm a boy and I don't find this thread annoying.Of course it helps nobody (maybe Eze because we can convince her that boys do have a brain (and use it sometimes) ;) ),but I don't think Eze made it to prove something,she only wanted her fun and to show how much she hates boys,and I find it kinda funny :D .

(ejsmith is right Eze,wait until your 16 and than think again about boys,you will notice,that they aren't that bad ;) )

[ April 26, 2003, 22:06: Message edited by: Sephirot ]

8. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31

I guess I shouldn’t really care what others think about me after all it doesn’t matter... *Picks up some weed*. :roll:

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not going to take sides here, but ...

I'm wondering how long it's going to be before Tal, or Ex, or BTA notice that there's a full-blown flame war in progress in this thread. Some restraint might be recommended at this point.

10. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The brain issue is no issue at all. Stupid behaviour is not linked to the brain, it's linked to other parts. Boys and girls are equally stupid and they are equally smart.

Following the herd
    Down to Greece
    On holiday
    Love in the 90's
    Is paranoid
    On sunny beaches
    Take your chances looking for

GIRLS WHO ARE BOYS
    WHO LIKE BOYS TO BE GIRLS
    WHO DO BOYS LIKE THEY'RE GIRLS
    WHO DO GIRLS LIKE THEY'RE BOYS
    ALWAYS SHOULD BE SOMEONE YOU REALLY LOVE

Like battery thinkers
    Count your thoughts on 1 2 3 4 5 fingers
    Nothing is wasted
    Only reproduced
    Get nasty blisters
    Du bist sehr schon
    But we haven't been introduced

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heh, you all seem not to know it's all about persons. Persons, not age nor even intelligence in strict sense. Repeat after me: persons. Again.

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yup.

And as a sidenote: The web is wide enough to offer each of us a variety of insults. If you have a tendency to take things personally, then I suggest you stop visiting this, or any other place in the net, entirely. This is not an insult, just a friendly advice. Every week I read from the media how someone took something that was being said somewhere in the net too personally and is now flaming and screaming about how s/he's going to do something to make it stop. But of course, they can't.

Sorcerer's is a very special place because here people's behaviour towards each other is monitored very closely, so that this doesn't degrade into one of those crappy dozenboards off somewhere. But even here if you're actually looking to get insulted, you will surely find something for you. As for this Eze's thread here, it was just a question from a frustrated person directed to the world in whole. When there are around a billion people that age, you should hardly take it as something directed to you in person. Instead, try to understand the whole of it. And her side of it as well.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Where can I join that order, Eze?

(Back... and rested. Beware!)

14. Eze Gems: 24/31

Ara:Dunno yet. Welcome back.
    ETL:You'll get my feelings about this and you in general with smilies, otherwise this thing would grow into a novel. :lol: :hahaerr: :grin: :spin: :xx: :help: :doh:

15. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

:thumb:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ekhmmm... A very complicated process of divination that is beyond your pathetic understanding allows me to discern visions of moderators coming here and closing this thread.

17. Iago Gems: 24/31

I don't know why, but the title of this thread is somehow poetic. Sounds pathetic, I know. But that phrase sounds good in my ears. It would be a perfect title for a popsong of a teenage-girl-group. The cheeky-punky-rocky kind. Or for that Osbourne girl. It would be ideal suited for that Osbourne girl.

Sidenote: This is neither nor is intended to be offensive.

Which brings me back to topic. That Osbourne girl hand would be an interesting proof of my point, that even teenage girl lack brains. Or at least pretend to do so. And her brother would be the fitting mirror-image.

:D :D :D :thumb: :thumb:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hope this quote hasn't be said already, so here it goes:

"God gave man both: a penis and a brain...but not the blood supply to use both at the same time."

That is untill they are done going through puberty. :rolling:

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] So much summoning of moderators but no one actually bothered to tell me to look in here... :heh: I did when the thread was started, but not again till now. I find the whole discussion here quite amusing... All this replying, deep thinking, flaming etc. on a somewhat silly thread that, apart from the question in the subject line, doesn't even have a point...

Anyway, I scanned the whole thing and I didn't notice anything particularly offensive to anyone here, so unless someone points it out to me this thread can go on as far as I'm concerned. If you think it's silly, stupid or whatever just don't reply. That's the way to let such topics die.

Or make a counter topic on "Teenage Girls" with the same theme. You know, equal opportunity for all... :shake:

This is Whatnots, after all. And silly things are on the menu in this forum.

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yep. I was thinking the same about a counter Post. Teenage girls-Have breasts or not? :jawdrop: :1eye:

But then again, what is the most insulting; lack of intelligence and wits or body shapes? At least ETL is a feisty fellow who does't take no crap from anyone. Gotta appreciate that. I do. ETL only pointed out that Eze seems just as immature as the boys she hates so much (which does seem valid to me(Just this thread not in general. In General Eze is a witty Scary Girl. )). ETL even took the time to point out that immaturity and wits are not the same. And what happens? she gets upset although she might never admit it. He did too. Oh boy he did too. Heck Those two look so much alike, that they might fall in love later this year, in the chat.. Come on you two. You really enjoyed the fight, Just a little...

And think about it, How many women in here would be happy and thrilled about my amazingly absurd thread up there? Teenage girls-Have breasts or not?

[ April 28, 2003, 18:02: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.