1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

:D:D:D If you do not mind me asking, do you perchance live in a dungeon below Tristram? Wirt says 'hi'!

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    No but I do live in the north east of England so you're pretty close :lol:

4. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

My bad. I see that the 'Ah, fresh meet' greeting is quite... culturally universal. :D:D:D

5. Silvery

Media:
    Damn skippy love! /me pootles off for more vino

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome Runescarred. Yes, "the Butcher" from Diablo was certainly not the first to coin the phrase "fresh meat" in reference to a person being a "new victim" err, or, esteemed web community member. :)

Ah, the Butcher. That brings me back. I remember getting my arse wiped across the floor by him the first few times I fought him....

7. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Thank you, Marceror :) Heheheh, I was seven years old or so when I first played it. Got my poor roguesse killed a few times, too - until I figured out that the oaf cannot open doors from himself, then shot him through a portcullis. Gods. The nightmares after this quest. High octane nightmare fuel, the guy was. No wonder why Farnam started drinking. Ah - the nostalgia over the Midnight Meat Dungeon.. :D

8. finnmacroth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi folks, new in town but not a puppy, been into role play for nearly thirty years, peace and love to all.

9. Silvery

Media:
    Hi :)

10. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Why hello, good Sir! :)

11. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Greets! Found this place via Googling up Icewind Dale patches. Yeah, I know, I'm way back in history with this one but it couldn't have been a better time to dig it up from the local pawn because for $5 ($3 USD) I not only got Dale and Heart of Winter but Dale II along with it and I'm happy to say that I can have all video options now cranked on full blast.

*ahem*

Either way. Something about this place nudged me to sign up. I'm kinda expecting what's left of the thirty to forty year old Pen and Paper gamers from the seventies floating around here.

If not, that's cool too. I'm really into video games and 3D animation. Used to be heavily into philosophy and metaphysics also but you wind up having to visit a shrink after too much of that.

Anyways, where abouts this place should I go to ask about Icewind Dale? I've just started off and the game is treating me like I have allies by my side, which I don't. I had to take on that entire swarm of orcs by myself to get that kid his fish back, all resources spent on health potions and that silly shop keeper only pays one gold piece for every weapon I bring him.

Haven't tried it with the patch yet....maybe that was my problem. =P

12. Silvery

Media:
    :lol: The Icewind Dale forum would be a good place to start! Check out the non-gaming forums too, we're not as geeky as you'd think!

13. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Hello, Midnight Carnival!:) In case you are wondering: you have just come to the most damn awesome RPG forums ever. Great user name, by the way.:)

Speak for yourself! :D:D:D

14. Silvery

Media:
    OK, most of us aren't overly geeky, just Rune :p

15. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

Nulla regula sine exceptione. Gaaah! I was asking for it. :D:D:D

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    We welcome you to Crackerbox Palace. And don't mind the geeks. ;)

17. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31

Thanks, peeps. Nice to see this place active with some participants. :)

I'm a pretty big nerd, myself. I was a massive comic book collector back in the eighties, moved on to action figures and then video games. :lol:

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Hey there Midnight Carnaval! Was a big comics collector myself. Are you a Marvel or DC guy? That's the big question isn't it? :)

19. Midnight Carnival Gems: 2/31

I was both Marvel (had to have my Spider-Mans!) and DC but towards the end I was only collecting Vertigo titles. =D

20. Argentis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, I dont know how to do smiley faces. This is not a request to find out how to either

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.