1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    HuH :confused: are you talking about actually making the item, or just describing what it will do? I have already made a moonblade, but if you think you can script it to be only wearable by the PC without using tons of loopholes then be my guest.

2. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

olimikrig I could write the text. My home PC has been on the fritz lately and I am in a dire need for an upgrade, running Windows ME. YUCk. Or else I would actually create the item.

Here are a few more weapons I wrote up. Let me know what you think. I love Dart of Death.

Club of Deep Wood
    This club was made in the heart of Cloakwoods by a hermit. This club has been imbedded with all sorts of natural magic that it is only relevant that those who wish to protect nature can use this club. This club solo purpose is to protect nature and those who wish to protect nature. This club has only seen the hands of a few and those who do hold it understand their purpose and will protect nature in such a way they never thought so before.
    STATISTICS:
    Combat Abilities:
    Good Berry 3/Day
    Summon Animals 2/Day
    Call Woodland Beings 1/Day
    Summon Lesser Earth Elemental 1/Day
    Equipped Abilities:
    Barkskin
    Thaco: +1
    Damage: 1D6+1
    Damage type: crushing
    Weight: 3
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency Type: Club
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 5 Strength
    Usable By:
    Druids
    Rangers

Jaheria’s Club of Good
    Jaheria a warrior druid and a protector of the wood was often seen carrying this mighty club. After a while the club grew in power from the magical energies she cast to protect her friends and to attack their enemies when in battle. As Jaheria traveled with her companions she slowly started to see why fighting for the cause of good would benefit nature and neutral perceptive slowly changed. When her Jaheria traveling party was attack when resting out one night she missed placed her club for another and notice that she lost the power she once had when she yield this club and no longer felt as if fighting for the cause of good would benefit nature. In the battle her club was taken from a Hobgoblin who took flight due to how fast his comrades were falling. Jaheria took off after the Hobgoblin but lost him in the mist of the foggy night. Since that night Jaheria prefers to wield a scimitar or a quarterstaff due to the fact that she will never be able to hold a club like the old that was forged with magical energy in her hands.
    STATISTICS:
    Strikes as a +3 weapon
    Combat Abilities:
    Cure Light Wounds 3/Day
    Call Lighting 1/Day
    Equipped Abilities:
    Changes Alignment to Good
    Thaco: +2
    Damage: 1D6+2
    Weight: 3
    Speed Factor: 2
    Not Usable By:
    Mage

Shank Metal Club of Stone Cracking (Cursed)
    This club was the most prized possession of Shank, a dwarf cleric who went out and tried to rid his clan of the attacking Stone Giants. During his battle with the giants it is said when he hit them their bodies it would start to crack. His clan doubt it was Shank strength that would cause the giants bodies to crack, since Shank could not use armor due to how he could barely lift 50lbs. Shank clan believed the metal club Shank yield was tuned to Shank’s hatred of Stone Giants and his hatred fueled the club to crack and sometimes shatter the giants into tiny pieces. However due to Shanks lack of protection he fell one day to a band of stone and hill giants and that was the last anyone heard of Shank. However his club as been in the hands of many warriors and after wielding it for a day or two many drop the club due to how weak they feel after wielding it for such a short time.
    STATISTICS:
    Combat Abilities:
    Upon a successful hit all Giant Humanoids and Golems must save vs. Death or be destroyed.
    Equipped Abilities:
    -2 to Str
    Thaco: +2
    Damage: 1D6+2
    Weight: 10
    Speed Factor: 7
    Not Usable By:
    Mage

Dart of Fire Blast
    This dart is magically tuned dart that explodes when thrown and contact is made with a object. The fire explosion is about 10-15’ in diameter. This weapon is deadly even for it’s owner given that it returns to its owner and when your enemy approaches and you are throwing this weapon there is a chance you yourself could be destroyed by the blast. STATISTICS:
    Combat Ability
    Upon Success fit the dart will explodes and cause 3D6 worth of fire damage save for ½.
    Weapon return to owner
    Thaco +2
    Damage: 1D3 + Fire Damage 3D6
    Damage type: missile (piercing)
    Weight: 0
    Speed Factor: 1
    Proficiency Type: Dart
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric

Dart of Icy Death
    This Dart origin is unknown and what it may or may not do is also unknown. The only thing known about this Dart is that it’s owner always seem to end up frozen or so they say.
    STATISTICS:
    Combat Ability
    Upon success hit target must save vs Breath Weapon or take 1d8 cold damage at -5 save.
    Thrower of the weapon must save vs Breath Weapon or be frozen for 5 rounds.
    Weapon return to owner
    Damage: 1D3 + Ice Damage 1D8
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric

Dart of Death (Cursed)
    This dart has seen many hands and all who touch it die. There is no chance of survival or so goes the legend. However one man does boast using this dart and taking down a dragon. But the man did die the next person who he met who he dared to throw the dart at and it was a simple child. Now this dart travels the realm looking for its next victim.
    STATISTICS:
    Combat Ability
    Thrower of the Dart must save vs. Death -15 or die.
    Target must save vs. Death -10 or die
    Weapon return to owner
    Thaco: -5
    Damage: 1 or Death
    Not Usable By:
    Clerics

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Love the Jaheria club. :thumb:

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It looks great Abdel. You work a way too fast for Malovae and I to keep up with you :) , which is only good!

Any one interrested in translating tis to either: german, italian or spanish? Already got a French translater (thanks Ofelix)....

Heh, by the way I don't think I can use this pack myself in my Misunderstood party, since there's too many of the items I am allowed to use there's actually worth the while, which if you have read the thread you'd know, is bad :shake:

[ September 26, 2005, 23:06: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

5. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'll make a suggestion. This'll be great I can't make up good names and I'm terrible at descriptions.

Dart of Healing

This is a strange dart made by a cleric whose name is unknown. The dart acts like a sling but it doesn't take any bullets and can't use bullets. This dart isn't made for killing but rather for healing. Not much else is known besides the fact it is a dart that doesn't inflict pain.

STATISTICS:

Damage: none
    THAC0: +2
    Special abilities:
    Returns to Thrower
    Cast Raise Dead 1/Day
    Target that is Hit is healed 20 points of damage
    Damage: none
    Damage Type: missile (piercing)
    Proficiency Type: Sling
    Type: One-Handed
    Requires:
    Usable By:
    Clerics (Dual, Multi or Single)

I hope that was a good suggestion.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Ooh, I've got an idea:

Rock of DUH!!

Similar to the type of rock that was flung at Neeber/Noober in his childhood, these stones unerringly seek out the skulls of their hapless victims. It is said that a single blow from one of these strange rocks can lower an IQ by up to 50 points!

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d4+1
    THAC0: -1
    Special Abilities:
    -1 INT (permanent) on hit
    5% chance of Feeblemind
    Launcher: sling

It's effectively a +1 rock (1d4 damage base, IIRC) with a -2 modifier for the called shot on the head. The Feeblemind isn't really necessary if you want to take it out. This would be a great thing to have when you meet up with Noober.

Noober: "Are you gonna throw rocks at me?"
    PC: "Yes." *thwack!* :lol:

It'd be pretty sweet against low-INT enemies, too. A few hits and they're dead from stat-drain. :evil:

7. olimikrig

Media:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Abdel, you Dagger o' Death is soooo much fun :shake:

kamikaze!

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:shake:

Yup, it's even more insane than Westley's version of Eye-gouger that blinded the thrower, inevitably sending them wandering into the fray. :lol:

Still, it'd be lethal if you cast Death Ward on the thrower before unleashing it.

@ Fel: we could sneak in an AoLS reference and call it the Rock of Bush instead...

9. olimikrig

Media:
    Ah, but there got to be a cheezy way around everything, no? Okay, should I make it a save vs. something else instead ?

10. The Magpie

Nah, maybe just remove the save penalty: -10 is simply mental: Finger o' Death is only -2, after all. Maybe make it a bonus to save, like Chromatic Orb. :hmm:

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Could do that, but then we'd also need to give a bonus to the opponents save. Also I think I'm going to make it a stacked item instead of returning. I don't think you should be able to use this as an alternative way of Ctrl+y a creature throughout the game, or :hmm:

12. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

olimikrig don't forget the character throwing the dart must save vs. death at -15 or die. That is why it is a cursed item. Maybe make it save vs. spell or breath weapon at -10 for the thrower and -5 for the target. Either way this dart purpose is to take the life of the thrower and not the target.

Now think of it this way. If this weapon returns to your hand and you have 3 attacks a round, that would require 3 saves within a round. Now at a -15 modifier for the thrower chances are they will die by the third throw. On the other hand the target has a greater chance of living at only a -10 modifier to their saving throw.

My next catergory is the daggers and so far this is what I have in mind.

Dagger of Paper Cutting....
    I will write it up later on today and post it. I believe everyone on here will get a good laugh with this lethal dagger.

13. olimikrig

Media:
    At -15 chance are that they'll die by the first throw ;) It would require them to have a pretty high saving throw to make it at -15 :p

Hmm... Maybe, just maybe I should make it an disintegrating death, destroying the caster and his items alike? What say you :hmm:

14. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

olimikrig,

As for the actual way the person dies disintegrating, death, etc... works. As long as the person has to save vs. something or die I could careless what spell is cast upon a failed save.

Here is one weapon that is over powered only if you repeatly have successful hits in a row on one target. Of course if you miss than hit, than miss, than hit the damage would be minimum in comparison. Though over powered if successful this weapon has no increase in Thaco but is considered a +2 weapon. Please let me know what you think of this weapon.

Paper Cutting Blade
    This is not a weapon of choice. One usually wields this weapon when others are either broken in the heat of battle or removed from their possession. This weapon can be quite effective when the wielder takes their time and continuously hits their enemy with this thinly crafted blade. The blade when looked at appears to be as thick as the thinnest parchment ever seen in the realm. The weapon smith who created this blade took years of forging to provide the owner a weapon that had an ultra thin blade and stability in the blade not normally seen. The original owner of this weapon was a mad arch mage who enjoyed inflicting pain and torturing his enemies. This weapon was often seen slicing open a small harmless wound on the victim. Once the mad arch mage sliced the victim skin open, even though it appeared no wound occurred, the mad arch mage would squeeze lemon on the victim unseen wound. This of course often lead the mad arch mage victims into crazy frenzy as they endured numerous slices repeated by lemon juices penetrating a almost unnoticeable wound. After the 5th cut the victims of this blade would often seem unconscious from the pain the lemon juices provided. One such victim the mage tried this on was well protected against little weapons like this. This victim cast a spell that harden his skin and upon the 5th hit the victim was still awake. Surprise by this the mage start slashing and spraying. The victim survived around 30 or so strikes before the mage accidentally cut his prisoner free. Once the prisoner was free the mad mage life was ended by his only torturing blade and rightfully so.
    STATISTICS:
    Combat Ability:
    Each successful hit the target will take additional 2 point of lemon juice damage. Each successful hit that is followed by another successful hit the damage would be doubled. Strength modifiers not included in the multiple successful hit damage calculations.
    Example of how special ability works:
    Round 1 successful hit 1d2+2
    Round 2 miss no damage
    Round 3 successful hit 1d2+2
    Round 4 successful hit 1d2+ (2* 1d2+2)
    Round 5 successful hit 1d2+ (2* 2d2+4)
    Round 6 successful hit 1d2+ (2* 4d2+8)
    Round 7 miss
    Round 8 successful hit 1d2+2
    Etc…..
    Thaco: (Considered +2 to hit)
    Damage: 1d2+Special
    Damage type: Slashing
    Weight: 1
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: Dagger
    Type: 2-handed
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric

[ September 27, 2005, 18:17: Message edited by: Abdel - Bhaal Spawn ]

15. The Magpie

:cool:

That's very nice Abdel. :thumb:

Could be very deadly in the hands of an extremely low THAC0 warrior... Or utterly useless. Just out of interest, how do you intend to handle dual-wielding? Will misses on the off-hand count too? Is it even possible to stack damage like this? :hmm:

16. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Make this weapon 2-handed and the problem of the off hand would be solved. After all it was mad arch mage who wanted the weapon. I will edit my previous post.

17. Gilden Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I like the idea of a throwing hammer, since it is an excellent weapon for high strength fighters as long as the damage plusses for high strength apply to this when it is thrown, in the same way they do with the dwarven thrower. However the usefulness is largely ruined by only allowing dwarves to use it. I would allow non-dwarves to use it, no reason they shouldn't. I'd go further, and have this hammer made from wood with the head hardened until it is almost as tough as iron. Druids now have a good alternative weapon to sling bullets.

Now in the 'not usable by category' there are
    Thieves
    Magic Users

ps. I would also raise the speed factor to something like 4, hammers are far too unwieldy to rate a 1.

18. olimikrig

Media:
    Good idea :)

That's exactly my point. And the prob in BG to is that the only throwing hammer is the Dwarven tosser/thrower, which cannot be used by non-dwarves. Every party should have the chance of selecting throwing hammer!

19. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Got three more done. Emailing them now. Just letting people know whats going in :)

Below is Western Paladin's updated sword. The description may change.

Crystal Clear +2

This sword is a truly gorgeous weapon, with an intricate hilt made of an unidentifiable silvery metal and a long blade made of pure, clear crystal that glows a light blue colour due to energy given off by the impossibly floating runes it contains. It once belonged to the famed Ilyana, a ranger from the East who fought against large infestations of undead across the land, taking special attention to the whereabouts of liches, her favoured enemy. A sorcerer made this weapon to be like her, delicate-looking yet deadly. It’s slightly lighter weight for a weapon of its size allows for noticeably quicker attacks, although it must still be noted that it is no short sword. In spite of its delicate appearance, the crystal is very sharp and hard, and when the wielder wishes, may reflect magical attacks just like deflecting sword blows from enemies. Ilyana vanished from the historical records about thirty years ago, and the shopkeeper is not quite sure how her sword got to this country.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d10 + 2
    THAC0: +2
    Special abilities: Casts Minor Spell Turning once per day
    Weight: 6
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two-Handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires: 8 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Mage
    Thief

Below if Firag's cursed armour. Not much info to go on but I have given it a somewhat logical name based on the story and fleshed the story out a bit because i didn't recognise some of the references.

Firag, if you have anything you want changing let me know, and i'll get on it :)

Mother’s Curse +1

Although no one really knows who forged this armour, the tales that surround this artefact claim that it was the mother of a famed hero named Firag, who created this cruelly useful full plate. The abilities the armour gives to its wearer, though mysterious, do come at a painful price. Once equipped, it cannot be removed from the body. This is mainly because the inside of the armour is covered with small spikes that dig into the wearer and eject small amounts of weak poison into them. Although unnoticeable, it does require a healthy person to endure such an effect. The poison also slightly discolours the wearer damaging their charisma.

Legend has it that when leaving for the border realms Firag left his armour in the Temple of Helm. This story is given some merit, for that on the back side of the armour you can see the sign of Helm, which indicates that it was probably gifted at some point to a servant of that deity. Modern scholars argue that the armour was crafted by an unknown craftsman within the service of Helm, but this is largely discredited by the fact that the symbol was obviously added later as a consequence of its extensive use throughout the Order. The armour has been used by many great adventurers over the years, including Theodora Manstapler, Igor ‘the merciless groundhog killer’ Smith, Dasios Noober and of course Firag. The great success of these adventurers speaks for itself and although cursed, this plate surely has more heroic days in it yet.

STATISTICS:

*Cursed*

All healing spells cast upon the wearer have no effect. This includes Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Medium Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds, Mass Healing and Heal. The spell effects from regenerate still work as normal.

Charisma: -2

Immune to Charm

Immune to Normal Weapons

AC: 0
    Weight: 40
    Requirements: 16 Strength, 14 Constitution
    Usable By:
    Cleric (Single, Dual, Multi)

This one is mine, i hate the fact that there is only two pairs of boots in SoA worth using (Boots of speed and boots of Avoidance). the Speed ones usually win due to the faster travel. So here are ones which increase movement speed but don't put the stupid haste icon on....

Yugoll’s Boots of Escape

Yugoll was once a name that many authorities regarded as a dirty word. Understanding why this was requires an understanding of the mind of the policing forces of Faerun. The main thing to know is that they don’t like being outsmarted or evaded longer than a day or two. After a day the fun of the chase became the boredom of the search. Yugoll, a thief of some renown up in Waterdeep, was one of the most difficult targets of the Waterdeep authorities. Taking great pains to capture him alive, the guards were not allowed to use lethal force when they found him. Whole teams of war wizards were sent to stop him in his stride, but no matter what they threw at him he merely danced around as if nothing had happened. Before they knew it, he had clicked his heels together and miraculously became invisible; disappearing into the night.

So cocky was Yugoll, he began to operate during the day, in plain sight of guards and townspeople. This alarmed the most senior officials of the city, who feared such a blemish on their Guards reputation would lead to damaging repercussions in the trade sector. In response, they hired some of the best bounty hunters in the land to procure him. The woman that finally brought Yugoll to his knees was a veteran bounty hunter named Theresa Vargu. As cunning as well versed in her trade, she engineered a fake art show, where dozens of masterpieces were to be shown to the public for a small fee. It was not long before Yugoll struck, and Vargu was ready waiting. As soon as he appeared, ten guards jumped out and surrounded him, which led to several moments of hysterical laughter at the meagre attempt. Then something Yugoll was not expecting happened, Vargu threw a trap at him. Not expecting that the authorities would try to hurt him, he recoiled in terror. But when fired it did nothing. Then it slowly dawned on him as he saw the enclosing ethereal bars…. he was to be mazed.

By the time Yugoll was released from the magical prison, the guards had erected a miniature prison in the mock-art gallery. He was going no where. It was soon found that his extraordinary ability to avoid capture was due to the boots he had worn.

From that point on, over confident thieves were called ‘Yugolls’. He never saw his boots again.

STATISTICS:

Permanent Free Action

Movement Speed increased by 4

May cast Invisibility once per day

Not Usable by:
    Wizard Slayer

20. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31

Boots of Biting Back
    These are magical boots that provide it wear with power protection not normally seen in boots. Normaly magical boot provide a increase movement that increases a wearer protection, but these boots do a little more than that. The wear is not only protected like in normal magical boots but is able to cause up to 50% of the pain the wearer feels to the individual that hit the wearer of these boots.
    STATICS:
    Combat Abilities: When wearer successfully receives damage there is a 25% chance that the enemy/target who hit the wearer will receive 50% of the damage they caused on the wearer. Save for 1/2.
    Equip Abilities:
    Free Action
    +1 AC

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.