1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@Abdel:
    :lol: I just got an idea for something else to call them.

Boots of "Butt Kicking for Goodness"
    On occasion, when the wearer is hit, the boots will automatically guide his foot to the posterior of his attacker, administering a swift kick of "justice".
    Not usable by:
    Evil characters

This would be perfect pair of boots for Minsc. :grin: If you guys don't make it, I will. (For personal use only, of course; I don't have the patience to mess with all of that WeiDU stuff.)

2. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'll make a suggestion (i think i made one before but....)

Cloak of The Big Green Guy
    This cloak is enchanted SERIOUSLY! It was enchanted by a Necromancer named The Big Green Guy. No one knew what his real name was though. People say this cloak is evil and some people say this cloak is good. C'mon WEAR IT ALREADY!

STATISTICS:

CURSED
    +2 To All Saving Throws
    -2 AC Penilty
    Wearer is Hasted
    Wearer Regenerates 1HP every 6 Seconds
    -3 To ALL STATS
    Can Cast Bolt of Glory 3/Day
    -5 HP

Anyone Can Use This item.

3. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Boots of Butt-Kicking for Goodness = :D

How do you kick a beholder in the butt? (For example.)

4. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31

You don't kick a Beholder, the Beholder kicks you! ANyways You kick the Beholder at the bottom (which i suspect is its butt)

5. Felinoid

No, you kick it in the posterior (the back). It's like a backstab, but with a boot! :lol: For a beholder, it'd be like getting kicked in the back of the head.

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You'd probably get "Boot ineffective"

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hmmm... How would one go about making the 'boots of idiot removal'? You can't even script an invis monster to summon, and deal extra dmg. to mobs with less intelligence than 10, as Intelligence, afaik, isn't in the IDS files.... Any suggestions :hmm:

I could maybe have the boots deal extra dam. vs. all mobs that has less than 10 int, but this would be somewhat restricted ( I would also have to deal extra dam. vs. named creature types with a higher int score, and the 25% chance +3 int when hit, wouldn't do jack damage-wise - i.e. I would still deal the 5 extra damage).

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

but beholder's still got to get rid of the "waste" where does it go? or rather where does it come out?

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Beholders are abberations; where do you think all those magical rays come from? :shake: Probably they just metabolise it into their bodies.

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Guys and girls alike.

Sorry to be a :geezer: , but I would prefer if you guys at least to some degree kept your replies on-topic...

11. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

what about a small beholder that could be used as a cannon and shoot beholder "rays"? sort of like jan jansen, it could be a crossbow like weapon, with special ammo

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The originator of this thread would like to minimize the pure silliness in this thread and keep the conversation toward the topic of the Item Pack.

Please respect his wishes and avoid talking about anything other than desired items that are at least possible in BG2 in this thread.

13. olimikrig

Media:
    Arh, Gilden. I didn't quite read your reply thoroughly enough the first time. This hammer *is* wieldable by non-dwarves, which is the entire point about making it! Non-dwarves should rightfully have a throwing hammer they could use too...

14. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

When should we expect the mod to hit the streets? :cool:

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Oli's lookin for a beta to be released sometimne next week, but that may change. PM him if you want to try it :)

16. Gilden Gems: 5/31

Thanks for the update Olimikrig, and good to hear the hammer you envisage is usable by non-dwarves.

As for my bit about making the hammer wooden and allowing Druids to use it, I'm not even sure it is technically possible to do that. I don't know enough about what you can and cannot do in this area.

17. olimikrig

Media:
    Gilden, it might be possible to make it "look" wodden, by changing item colours. This will however not be a top-priority by far, as we have more important things to look into first...
    However I am planning on fiddling some with item colours when the mod has been fully tested and is gtg ;)

18. Felinoid

@Gilden:
    You can make any item usable by any class or kit when creating or editing it, but the problem remains that you cannot give a druid the Warhammer proficiency without SK. So while a druid would be allowed to use the hammer, he couldn't be proficient. So a Druid using it would get the -3 THAC0 penalty, and an F/D would get -3 to THAC0, -2 to damage, and -1/2 atks/rd when compared to possible specialization. Likewise, the same stuff would happen with a mage, thief, or M/T...

:idea: Make it a quarterstaff! It could be classified as a one-handed quarterstaff (like the staff-mace), and so usable by all, but it could still have the throwing hammer look and abilities. :hmm: Or, you could have a specific Druid throwing hammer that gives them * in Warhammer while equipped. (I think that's possible.)

19. olimikrig

Media:
    I can only make the desciption icon, ground icon and incentory icon resemble a quaterstaff. The papaerdoll has to look like a war hamme, otherwise the game will crash if a make it a throwing hammer projectile :(

What could be done is to change the looks of the warhammer with photoshop, and then add an equipped effect to make the weapon look brown.

The photoshop part would requirre some work, so one could go for a club or some such instead.

I would also have to change the item description from that of an regular WH to something special (wodden WH aren't seen all that often ya know :p )

it is ;)

20. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

How 'bout, instead of the "Dwarven Thrower" hammer, you actually make the "Dwarf Thrower" (as refered to in one in one of th Dwarven Thrower item descriptions). It looks like a Dwarven Thrower, but when a dwarf tries to use it, they go flying instead (maybe it casts a wing buffet on the dwarf?). Don't know if there's a way to trigger this in IE...

Any thoughts about naming these items after BoM regulars? Would be especially funny if they were also inside jokes on SPers... Like the "paper thin knife" could be called "[SPer's] Razor of Paper-Thin Retorts", and could be credited to an SPer who's known for winning debates not through the strength of argument but from posting weaker arguments again and again until their opponent gives up in frustration... (Actually, more than one SPer likely fits that bill... :mommy: )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.