1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
  2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The Belkster! He is the man, there's just no question about it. I feel for poor Durkon -- how can someone with such high Wisdom do such stupid things? Is it a low INT at work? You'd think it would be a matter of perceptiveness that trees don't hurt people.

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

That's what the trees wants you to think....

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Belkar needs to be added to the cat owners social group. That is what happens when you are not nice to cats. We will find you.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Are the bug people Belkar spoke with and subsequently slaughtered supposed to be Thri-Keen?

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think so. I can't think of any other relatively common insectile race with four arms.

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What about Formians?

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The slaver Belkar spoke with didn't strike me as very lawful, but as has been hashed out in so many locations, "lawful" is a flexible concept.

Is Mr. Scruffy now considered Belkar's animal companion?

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

10. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Yeah, very well done. :)

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Riders on the worm
    Riders on the worm
    Into this house we're born
    Into this world we're thrown
    Like a dog without a bone
    Or a bard thats' all alone
    Riders on the worm

There's a halfling in the air
    His brain is squirmin' like a hare
    Take a long holiday
    Let your PCs play
    If ya give Belkar a ride
    Sweet family will die
    Killer in the air, yeah

Girl ya gotta love your man
    Girl ya gotta love your man
    Take him by the hand
    Make him understand
    The world on you depends
    Our life will never end
    Gotta love your man, yeah

Mind you, the Snoop Dogg version would be more fitting, but I think that's the one Burlew had in mind :) .

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Y'know, as much as I like the strips (especially now that Burlow has finally gotten back on track), sometimes the titles of the strips are better. :)

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I wish he would place the title on the top of each strip rather than just in the index.

In any event, more than one kind of riding is gonna happen on that worm. I could have gone further but this ain't MUG.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Sorry for the double post, but I need to find a strip and I am having no luck -- in what strip does Belkar tell someone to "take some skill ranks in kiss my a.."?

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm pretty sure it was in one of the Order of the Stick strips.

You're welcome. :p

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ask in the OotS/GitP forum. People there seem to know the individual comics by heart.

17. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Did anyone notice it, in strip 693? The illusion says: "Keywords accepted: Gate, Girard, Sapphire guard, Soon"
    But nobody said the word gate in the strip, or in previous strips either...:p

[my 1000th post...:D]

18. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Grats, coineineagh.
    Maybe the reason will be revealed in the next strip, although I personally wouldn't dismiss it as being a possible inconsistency.

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Girard absolutely deserves a hammer blow to his future...

(side note, a touch off topic: Why is CG usually portrayed as the "better" Good then LG? Seriously, Good is Good, whether N, C or L)

20. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I can totally see Girard's bitterness -- he lost a friend, and he believes that it was Soon's fault.

LG runs the danger of becoming somewhat tyranical and self-righteous -- we saw that with Miko. However, from this strip we see that CG can also become arrogant, shortsighted, and narrowminded. Xykon's odds of getting control of a gate just went way up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.