1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The D2 - LoD BoM group. Guardians or bust.

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Viking, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And the name of the game and password? GOB/GOB? (Guardians or Bust.) Meet at channel 'GOB' 5 mins before the game? :hmm:

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

We need to sort out which server first?

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Probably a good idea, although I don't know how to do this. Please instruct.

We're probably best off going with Europe - that's where most of the people who are doing this use. Especially now that Wordplay wants in. I think 3 of our 5 people use the Europe server.

4. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Okay sounds good, is everyone still in?

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I don't know what the whole channel thing is. I was just planning on logging on, switching my realm, and going to a pre-determined game name.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Don't worry. I didn't know either. By 'channel' I mean the chat-channel build to the game. You know: those chat-rooms before you join/create a game. Simply go to the screen where you can choose a channel and type in a channel name. Voilá: it will be created automatically if there is none already.

Anyway, count me out. I uninstalled the game and will keep my break now, after two succesful runs. Thought you won't be playing, by the way, due of the lack of information.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    So what the dillio? We on for tomorrow night or what people?

8. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sorry, I've been busy, but I'm in for tomorrow if we have the crew.

I would suggest West might be the quitest servers, though Euro is usually OK. Lag in HC is very often fatal, so needs to be avoided at all cost.

However, if anyone needs to rush normal for the HC flag to open, then we should do Europe as I can rush a team through Normal in less than an hour on there. (HC is open if you have completed Normal once in any mode afaik, so only a problem if re-installed).

Game Gob and chat GOB works for me. PW for game: SP this time, then we'll either move when everyone is present, or agree new pw for next time.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    The server doesn't matter in terms of which difficulties you've completed, right? As long as I have one character who has completed normal, I can play a HC character on any realm?

OK, I've never used a chat room before, so I'll just get home by 5:00 my time (10:00 UK time, 11:00 SP time) and attempt to join the game. If it doesn't exist, I'll create it. Are the game name and PW going to be in caps or lowercase?

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Just tried to log onto hardcore but because I've re-installed it wont let me until I complete normal :mad: .

EDIT: It's gone half past now so I doubt I'll be able to get on hardcore at all tonight. :(

EDIT 2: Ohh it's tommorow night, oops. I thought it was tonight as I havent been able to check the board for a while! Still have the same problem, I can try and get a friend to rush me through normal before tommorow night but if not would it be possible for you to help me Wordplay? It would be much apprectiated :thumb: . Does anyone know if Mongerman's still in?

[ November 29, 2006, 23:39: Message edited by: Duffin ]

11. Viking Gems: 19/31

Duffin,

I'll boost you through earlier tomorrow if you like (And I can get away with it ;) ) Wife isn't all that keen on D2.... Seems I spend too much time playing it or something.

It'll take about 1/2 hr - 1 hr or so.

12. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry guys, but count me out for now. My comp is busted, and it will take till Sunday till I can get a new one. Have to resort to using my mum's workstation now, and I doubt she will let me install diablo on it =(. There is an IT fair going on now though, and if I manage to pick up something there I'll be back on asap

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    OK, I propose a delay until next Thursday. Mongerman can't make it this week, and Duffin can't play hardcore yet, so we're basically down to me and Viking. I don't want to have a group of two start when we wanted a group a four. Viking and I will be too far ahead of everyone else by the time they get up and running, even if all we do is play for an hour.

Let's shoot for next Thursday instead. That will give Duffin enough time to rush a character through normal, and will give Mongerman enough time to get a functional computer. Sound OK to you guys?

14. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Yeh sounds good, thanks Viking if I can I'll try and get my mate to help me, don't want to waste your time unless there's no other way. :thumb:

15. Viking Gems: 19/31

I'm gonna be on now for a little while if you fancy it anyways. Wisper me on either *silkyskills or, *silkyskills3.

Probably gonna quest my BF sin on 3 if we're not playing tonight.

Vike

[Edit] - And yeah, look forward to seeing you all next week :)

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, the way I see it, I've always wanted to get a sizeable group together and go through the game. I had not initially planned it as a hardcore game, but it will be an interesting challenge. The bottom line is I've waited this long to get a large group together, so I can certainly wait another week.

17. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hey guys so whats up? I finally fixed up a swanky new comp in my room, but are any of you still interested?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.