1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Four!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sikret, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sikret...couldn't register at Blackwyrm. I sent you a PM with email address.

3. Sikret Gems: 13/31

It's strange that you couldn't register at BWL. I asked you to register there, because I can add attachments to my PMs at BWL and could send you the mod through a PM.

I see a notification that I have a PM here at Sorcerer's Place, but when I go to my profile I don't find your PM. I refreshed the page but I keep seeing an outdated version of my profile. Deleting cookies and my Internet history and temporary files didn't help either.

If you can explain how you failed to register at BWL, I may be able to help.

[ August 25, 2006, 11:53: Message edited by: Sikret ]

4. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

This is for all users:
    Due to the many attacks of spam bots, BWL has email registration validation enabled (just like at Sorcerer's Place). This means that registration is two steps:
    * Fill in the necessary reg info, and submit
    * It will tell you that it sent an email to the email address you've given. After an hour at maximum (depending on your ISP rather), you should receive that email. It will contain a link, which you should click to.

Gregor: I'm the admin of BlackWyrm, and from the forum log, I see you've completed the first step. All you have to do is click the link on the email you received from blackwyrm and registration is done!
    (Many spam filters are too "aggressive" and they filter out non-spam domains too, perhaps you received the activation email to your Spam folder...)
    If you can't find the email for some reason, please indicate it to Sikret, and I will register your account manually.

5. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I wrote:
    I have this problem here at SP forums, not only with my profile but also with every page I open. Most of the times the displayed page is outdated and I have to refresh it for many times to get the newest version of the page. However, the problem with my profile is much more serious, because refreshing the page doesn't help at all.

6. Gregor Gems: 7/31

@ Baronius:

Still no email...I checked my bulk folder and everything. If you could manually register me, I'd appreciate it.

@ Sikret:

When I PM'd you here, it copied your original PM and posted mine beneath it...did you scroll down? Just making sure. ;)

7. Sikret Gems: 13/31

The problem is when I open that page I don't see any new PM at all. what I see is quite outdated. I have alslo deleted some of my other PMs, but I still see them there. The page doesn't refresh at all.

Baronius has manually registered you at BWL. Send me a PM there.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Sikret, click on the link with the flashing "new PM icon". Once in your profile, scroll down to this bit:

"Incoming Private Messages: X Unread messages are in bold."

The PMs page is split into two parts; incoming or unanswered PMs are on top. The unread ones are in bold. I can see your unread one lingering there just fine.

If you continue to have problems with PM, please contact me via e-mail and I'll make you a screenshot.

Though if you really are getting an older version of the page, the problem is most likely with your ISP, who is sending you a cached version of the page for some reason. If clearing your browser's cache and trying to access your PMs in a different browser still produces an outdated page, the fault is definitely with your ISP. Everything is OK on this end.

If all else fails, call your ISP and complain about the problem.

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I don't have any similar problem in other forums or at any other site. I won't contact my ISP for a problem I have exclusively at one single site (though I understand that it can still be a problem with the ISP).

[ August 25, 2006, 22:23: Message edited by: Sikret ]

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's either a problem with the browser (settings) you use, or your ISP, as I've explained.

I don't see why you wouldn't want to contact your ISP, considering you're the only one with this problem here (and they the only ones who can resolve the caching problem on their end), but what you do about this situation is completely up to you. As I said, I can't help you unfortunately, because everything on this end is working fine, whether you believe me or not.

11. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Thanks to Decados and Gregor, the mod is now well-tested. I will submit it to the site within the next few hours (though I don't know when it will be available for public download nor do I know the link to the download page).

Here are the descriptions of the items again (some changes have been made to three of the items if compared with the intial post on this thread):

1- The robe

Robe of Eloquence

This ancient and extraordinary robe has led all of its previous owners to death. While it boosts spellcasting abilities to a considerable extent, It has devastating disadvantages. Once a mage wears it even for a moment, he or she will be subject to most of the item's disadvantages for the rest of his or her life.

Advantages:

- Wearer's aura is cleansed
    - Wearer can memorize one additional daily spell per spell level

Equipped disadvantages:

- Immunity to all methods of healing
    - Incurs -3 Penalty to Constitution and all saves

Permanent disadvantages:

- Immunity to all healing spells
    - Immunity to Regeneration

Usable By:
    Mage (Single/Multi/Dual class, except Kensai-Mage)

2- The Ring

Melodic fury

Zafir was a knowledgeable bard in Calimshan. However, When he was waylaid by a brigade of kobolds, his lore didn't help him much. When he was near to death, he wished that he was less knowledgeable but had better fighting abilities. It is said that this last request was fulfilled and Zafir killed a good number of kobolds before his heroic death. His fury transferred into his ring when he died.

*Cursed Item*

Equipped abilities:
    +5 to hit bonus
    Permanent Improved Haste
    Immunity to slow
    +15 HP bonus

Lore: -40 Penalty
    Intelligence: -2 Penalty
    Disables thieving skills button (no pick pockets)

Usable By:
    Bard

3- The gloves

Gloves of Spell Weaving

Aswad was a high level mage known for his extraordinary experminets on animals. Druids were angry with him and prepared a large army to destory his stronghold. Aswad who had anticipated such an assault had already prepared this magnificent artefact for a possible confrontation. His gloves gave him considerable immunity against druids and he truly surprised them in the battle. However, the side effect of the very same item was the cause of his death when he failed to make an important save vs. death.

Equipped abilities:
    +1 Bonus to casting speed
    Immunity to Creeping Doom, Insect Plague and Summon insects spells
    Immunity to Misast Magic
    Immunity to Remove Magic
    -2 penalty to save vs. death

Usable By:
    Mage
    Bard

4- The helmet

Sunlight

While worn by a druid, this shiny golden helmet reflects the slimmest lights of any environment directly to the eyes of the enemy as if they are struck by sunlight, incurring penalties to their THAC0s and Armor classes. But due to its high conductivity, it also incurs 20% penalties to the wearer's resistance to electricity and Fire. Only druid's are so attuned with nature to have such a low penalty. Others would have burnt immediately had they worn the helmet. The wearer also requires to have a minimum of 12 intelligence to know how to adjust the angle of the light's reflections on the targets.

Equipped abilities:
    Protection against critical hits
    Armor Class: +4 Bonus
    THAC0: +4 Bonus
    -20% Penalty to Fire and Lightning resistance

Requires 12 intelligence

Usable By:
    Druid

Notes:
    1- I added a disadvantage to the ring for making it a bad choice for thieves with UAI ability.
    2- Apart from the ring, other items don't really need to be cursed.

[ August 30, 2006, 11:51: Message edited by: Sikret ]

12. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I submitted the mod. :)

By the way, I don't know the link to the download page. I'll be grateful if someone can send the link here.

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, it wouldn't go up lickedy-split. We'll have to wait for the next site update. (If you want it quicker, bug Tal in a PM.)

14. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I know, and I'm not in a hurry. I just asked for the link to the download page. I presume that there is a download page where you can see all available mods, am I mistaken?

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

16. Stardust Gems: 7/31

i like the sound of it I'll download and try it a.s.a.p.

*cheers*

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Quick question out of curiosity: is the F/M still beside the Grove?

Good call on disabling thieving skills with the ring btw. ;)

18. Sikret Gems: 13/31

I sent you a PM about the f/m, including detailed information which might have been considered as unnecessary spoilers had I sent them to the public forum.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ah, just got it.

You may well have got it right- it sounds fairer than before. Though I may have to get used to long walks back to town. ;)

Thanks.

20. Sikret Gems: 13/31

Yes, I owe this point to Gregor when he wrote to me that the thief in his party wore the ring once they defeated the guardians. :nono:

I realised then that something should be done to prevent thieves with UAI ability from wearing the ring if it is supposed to be a bard-specific item (not to mention that it also adds a disadvantage even for the bards disabling their pick pockets ability).

The tests were really helpful. My thanks to Gregor and Decados!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.