1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ziad, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I knew that I'd never heard that one before, so I google'd it. Given the context, this quote is extremely hilarious. Nice choice :D

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No guesses at all yet? Time for a minor hint then, toughluck-style, despite there being no guesses yet.

The key word in the quote is "audience."

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

This is a complete shot in the dark, but "A Bard's Tale?"

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I do think you'll have to give more than that with this one. I atleast don't have the faintest clue what game we are talking about. On the other hand the quote sounds like something you'd remember so I doubt I have even played that game.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is from one of the EA Sports NHL series - I will guess NHL 2003.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Close enough JSBB. It was NHL 2002. (Audience helps give the genre, which limits the guesses to sport games, I was hoping.)

When the announcer isn't busy annoucing goals and penalties, he just blabs about nonsense like that.

You're up JSBB.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is kind of hard to remember which one is which - I have played all of them from around 1994 up until 2004.

Anyway, my quote is

"Since man first walked upright he has looked to the stars and wondered - are we alone in this cold corner of space?"

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, sounds like War of the Worlds. Is there a War of the Worlds game?

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Men In Black? Probably not, but i tried...

10. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Is it Reunion?

11. Morgoroth

Well the game sounds a lot like a space quest game but I really don't know which one. I'd guess it's one of the earlier ones. Perhaps space quest 3?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, it is not from any of those games.

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I doubt this is it, but the only game I can think of is Shadow of the Comet.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, it is not from Shadow of the Comet.

15. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"The DIG"?

Or maybe one of the Star Trek games.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, neither of those.

17. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

All that comes to my mind is StarCraft. So.. is it StarCraft? :p

18. Morgoroth

I think it might be hint time. ;)

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No it is not from Starcraft.

Edit: O.K. here it is again but greatly expanded.

"Since man first walked upright he has looked to the stars and wondered - are we alone in this cold corner of space?

If something is out there would it be friend or foe?

What would this Earth man think if he could see a desperate space ship fleeing at a speed faster than imagination?

What would he think if he saw the impact of potently powerful neutronic missiles upon its fragile frame?

What would he make of the strange pod that ejected from the ruined remains just in time to avoid its mysterious inhabitant's destruction?

And would he gape in wonder at the dozen or so strange cannisters that burst from its hold and fell towards the atmosphere of our guileless globe?

What emotion would pass through his mind as he observed these self same containers as they passed through our atmosphere and fell upon the surface of an unsuspecting metropolis?

So many questions and so few answers, until now dear viewers, until now!"

[ March 02, 2005, 04:28: Message edited by: JSBB ]

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll bet those cannisters contained Energy-X too didn't they? :) Ah, what a great game!

Since I don't have a game quote, I'll let someone else come up with the answer. It should be easy now that you gave all that cornball dialog away :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.