1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Grove Screenshot via Wildfire

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I haven't found it yet...But I was wondering...How do you get to the other wilderness points? Are they quests? Or do they come after chapter 2?

I'm getting ready to go to spellhold, so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything big before I go.

2. Wingfoot Guest

you can get to the other areas after you emerge from the Underdark. i had a wicked battle in one of those area's, cant remember which one off hand, but i lost Imoen to a backstab. when i say i lost her, the thief landed a critical hit doing 106 points of damage to Imoen. what a bummer that was, well i guess she will never get her soul back.

3. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yeah, but if we keep talking about "THE GROVE". Anybody??? It's strange that all these people playing BG2, more than one time, lot of hour/week, nobody else manage to fin this location??

ANYBODY?????????????

4. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I haven't seen it yet...I think it's BS. Despite the screen shot!

5. Wassup Gems: 9/31

I agree with you Sir B. It sure that its BS.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    The only other thing I can think of is that Team BG is building an add on for BG2, like that Dark Side of the Sword Coast that they came out with over the summer.

Maybe someone is just customizing their game, and having a little fun with us?

7. Wassup Gems: 9/31

What that, the Dark Side of the Sword Coast? Didnt hear anything about this.

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    It was an expansion that was made by this group called TeamBG. They have a BG customization site on the web. They announced it back in the summer.

I think the address for it is: www.TeamBG.com
    They added some new NPC's, new quests, and a ton of new items...It didn't change the overall plot, it was just an expansion, like Tales of the Sword Coast was.

Personally, I thought all the added items unbalanced the game quite a bit.

9. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Since nobody else seem to know this location, we can assume that it's bullshit.

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Bumpage.........

I was still wondering about this...Has anyone else come acrossed these new areas? Or was it a hoax? weather balloon? etc...

:rolleyes:

11. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, the screenshot from within the area looks like AR2700. I don't know of a legit way to go there, so you have to cheat..

If you talk to those stoneheads you get the feeling that this area should have been visited right after spellhold. They are talking about the slayerchange and that you should go after Irenicus.

It could be an area that wasn't included in the final release of the game.

12. Kyrn Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I used the Infinity Engine Explorer and there isn't such an area. Sorry.

13. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I positively GUARENTEE that the grove is part of the expansion pack for BG2. Just wait and I'll be proven right. :D

14. Zorac Gems: 11/31

The area as such exists. You can go there with
    CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR2700")
    if you want to try it.

I seriously doubt that there is a legitimate way to get there though. But the area exists Kyrn.

Personally I don't believe in the world map, only the area itself.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited January 24, 2001).]

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I know a lot of you thinking i'm bullshitting, but really, what is the point of making up an area and telling people on a message board? It's as if you think I have enough time to do something like that. I don't have any idea how to starting making a map like that for starters, let alone the actual map. All i do know is that I found the area legitimally. Personally I don't really care much about what you think, all I was asking was whether anyone found this area. The fact that no-one else i my mind either meens you are bloody unobservant, or there is something wrong with my game. Even if you go to the area using the cheat, I know that you cant access some portions of the area, but I do know that it is there. It is probably my game, because I played through Irenicus's dungeon on the demo, and when I finally got the game, instead of starting again, I loaded my save game from this demo.

16. Drakron Du´Dark Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well I can tell. it exist.
    I got there via Cheat codes(the ones posted above) and the Slayer can not be killed by the slayer form, you must return to the normal form.
    By the looks of it, its a test area for your character, since you have to turn in to the slayer to talk to the stones.
    But since you cannot kill the slayer in the slayer form, it look a test to control the slayer form.
    I am not sure if there is a way to get there(I had Haer´Dalis in the underdark and to the end, in my first run and THAT never show up)but if it is, is in the Elven City.Perhaps it was not incluided in the final Game, Like the Missing haer´dalis quest or the link to the Twisted rune.

17. Zorac Gems: 11/31

Sorry if I offended you Wildfire but I still don't think that I can get there legit in my game. The thing with the demo might explain it. Was the area marked running the demo or did pop up later (I'm talking about world map now)?

18. Wassup Gems: 9/31

Still believe its shit. Why your the only one of all who play BG2 who founded this location?? Pretty strange isnt?

19. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I dunno, the demo was right up to the end of Irenicus's dungeon, but I never got out in it, so I don't really know. And it only appeared after I left one of the forested areas that appear after the underdark. I do know that it did cause a few other bugs - All the icons on the world map for Athkatla were generally jumbled around the Athkatla area of the world map, but when I started a new game, they were all where they wer supposed to be. I am as confused as you all are.

Wazzup, just give me ONE reason why I would waste my time making all those screenshots etc. ?

20. Wassup Gems: 9/31

To make people talk about you. Like why hackers hack.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.