1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The history of the name that is you.

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Foradasthar, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Once, a loong long time ago I was a fool who thought she could organize a live-action RPG withou having ever played a single game in her life. I started writing the characters, and created a stereotypical pair of twis, a wizard and a fighter, bothe females named Arabel and Mirabel Rayt. Then, I realized that I had too many females and Arabel became something else. Then, I realized I had too FEW females, and I changed the name back. Then, suddenly, I realized, I had misspelt.

Arabel=Arabwel

It stuck. "Arabwel" became my Yahoo! ID, and once one of those gets stuck....

Arabwel it is. It has shortened to Ara since then, though. My mobile phone has "Ara" written in Japanese katakana in the back... iy looks like a sloppy 37, seeing as I used nail polish... :p

(Who am I? I am the one and only!)

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I used Belisarius for two reasons: First, he was one of my favorite generals from Roman History. He served as general for Justinian in the Eastern or Byzantine Empire. Belisarius re-captured much of the Western Empire including Rome for Justinian...He was a bad man!

The second reason I use it is because "Sir" Belisarius was one of the first characters I ever used in dnd. He was also the only character I've had that didn't die...He eventually became an npc noble in our campaign because he was several levels higher than any of the other players in our group. So he retired to his barony to combat giants and such at the border of a kingdom in the Greyhawk setting...

3. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Izaad", I came up with it on the spot for my BG2 sorcerer. I sat looking at the screen, and I just typed it. He was supposed to be a dark elf, but they didn't have it, so he was human. It is an ok name, though I'm thinking it's time for a change...

Edit:
    So...Is the change retroactive? Am I someone new, or does my old self shift to the new self?

[ January 20, 2003, 03:59: Message edited by: Muumli ]

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

teekc initials of Tee KaiChern (chinese)

Tee is my family name. My great grandfather and his family used the family name Lim initially. However when they moved into a Tee village, they changed their family name to Tee because everyone lives there has family name Tee and they (great grandfather and family) want to avoid being ...errrr... bullied by the Tee people. We know nothing about this story initially, including my father (well, my grandfather and grandmother has passed away). The question starts during my grandfather's sister funeral when we saw her family name is Lim instead of Tee. During one Chinese New Year when our family went to China to the Tee village, we asked our relatives there about this and this is the story that they revealed.

KaiChern in my given name, by my father. Kai is victorious and Chern is ... well ... there is another story here. Initially, my father wants to name Zheng(Chern), which carries a meaning of ruling, but my mother's mother disagree with it. She doesn't think Kai Zheng is a good name. Unfortunately, the name KaiChern has been written in the birth paper so it is official, cannot be change anymore. Therefore my English (or Malay) name remains KaiChern. But my Chinese name changed to KaiJun (which means victorious excellent horse, given the fact that i was born in the year of horse).

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @sir Belisarius: I knew that. :) Nika!

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

To cut a long story short, I used to play CS heavily (I still do but in better moderation) Keep in mind that this was about 3 years ago. Anyway, I used to call myself Sniper for the simple fact that my favourite gun was a Sniper rifle. (Now its an M4A1)

When i joined Sorcerers, that was the nick i always used. And since then its stayed. (though for CS i have a different name)

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Uytuun is the name of a priestess in a story I wrote.

I've played most crpg's with Uytuun. She's been a fighter and a cleric, but has been a mage for two years now.

My old nick was Jebuzz but I haven't used that one for 4 years or so. I'm glad I've changed to Uytuun. :square:

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Silverblade is the result of my little originality. I actually took it from the BGII manual. A dwarf named Silverblade created Crom Faeyr. About two years ago I registerd with the name Antoine. About two months later I desperately wanted a new name and I chose Silverblade. I actually don't like the name, in every forum on the web there is a guy named Silverblade. The name sounds too normal. I'll change it if I find a good alternative.

9. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] This is my mother's maiden name.

(I thought this was funny the first time I said it...maybe even the second time...now it's just in order to be consistent.)

10. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Heh Mines an easy one. Its the name of a band!

11. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Mine, that is simple. It was given to me, I'm not Native, but they sure do think I am, I'm more along the lines of Aztec,Maya,Yaqui South of our Border. So in Buisness I use my Birth name, everything else is GreyCrow.
    I have a plan of having GreyCrow the Character, establishing GreyCrows All alignments kept at distances of course, no GreyCrow can interfere with another GreyCrow as a GreyCrow, if they wanted to interviene it would be through channeles and resources from other places, they would get no back up. I already have other GreyCrows as Charcters. Who while adventuring decide to recruit who is deemed worthy/useful.
    My name has history and will make history. :D

12. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The name of the first character I created in a CRPG...a red-haired dwarf fighter. Faerus is actually my altered spelling of 'ferrous', a Latin word meaning 'iron'.
    I'm hearing a bunch of stuff about name changes though, so I'm beginning to consider using the usernamer I use everywhere else: Bloodied Soldier.

[ January 25, 2003, 20:43: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.