1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Movie Scene Game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lantus, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sounds a lot like an episode of Buck Rogers (Mariette Hartley played the robot), but that was a tv show.

Logan's Run?

2. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    This movie was released 1995, if I remember correctly.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Gattaca?

4. Faye

Media:
    Really good guess Harbourboy but no cookie (I love Gattaca as well! :thumb: ). But the movie is also based on the future.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Thanks for praising my guess. At least somebody is.

How about The Fifth Element?

6. Faye

Media:
    Nope, although its a good show as well. This clue will probably give it away... its not in english :p

7. Harbourboy

Open Your Eyes? That original version of Vanilla Sky.

8. Faye

Media:
    nope. sorry.

9. Newfie Banned

Not in English? Christ. Strange Days subbed in French?

10. Faye

Media:
    Hm, I suppose the fact that its not in English makes it really tough.

The 'main character, a lady' travels through a city and sees several people who 'looks identical to her' which prompts her to 'question her individuality'.

Here are the hints:
    Released in 1995. Its set in the future, which means that its most probably a sci-fi (which it is and no, it has nothing to do with cloning). Its not in English.
    And this entire scene does not have any dialogue (no, this is not a silent film).

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

heh, this is definitiely a "you've either seen it or you haven't" type of film, and i fall into the latter category :/ no clue :confused:

12. Faye

Media:
    Looks like another hint is needed then. Pretty sure this will give it away:
    The Matrix Trilogy borrowed heavily from this movie.

13. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Didn't give it away... perhaps another.

14. Faye

Media:
    Hm, I'm tempted to reveal the answer, since I've technically killed the thread :o . Last bunch of clues I'll be giving out. Noone gets it, I'll be forced to give the answer and pass the torch to at least revive the thread.

This movie has a sequel, and both movies were by the same director.

The story is based on a book (could be a novel, comic, short story etc.).

There is a TV series based on the book as well but it is not directed by the director who did the movies.

The director of said movies has a affection for basset hounds and basset hounds appear in both movies.

Both movies were also screened in Cannes festival but only part 2 competed for the Palm D'Or.

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ok - wild guessing here. The poster for ghost in the shell 2 has a basset on it.

Is it ghost in the shell then? I have seen it but have no memory of the scene you're describing...

Edit: Thinking about it: it is based on a comic, has a sequel and you could say it inspired the Matrix film...

16. Faye

Media:
    Thank god someone got it. YES it is Ghost in the Shell. Its the part where Motoko Kusanagi rides on a boat that travels through the city, and she sees people who looks identical to her (same cyborg models).

Its all yours Vukodlak.

And everyone else who hasn't watch this movie... go watch it, the show is amazing :thumb: .

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

argh, i kinda discounted it bec. it was a cartoon :bang: oh well :rolleyes:

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'd seen a couple of eps of the TV show, but that gave me a mental block against it here :bang:

Well done, I just hobbled myself! :lol:

19. Harbourboy

Never heard of it.

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I've got it in my pile to watch but haven't got round to it yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.