1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Movie Scene Game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lantus, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

But I only know it as Nikita so you therefore win whereas I only know th tv series as La Femme hence the confusion.

And please don't mention that horrible version again.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The French version was released as La Femme Nikita in the US. There was a River Phoenix movie, Nikita, released at about the same time. Perhaps that was the reason for the name change when it came over here.

The Fonda movie was certainly inferior to the French original. The series seemed more a joke to me -- making Nikita an innocent victim of the system was just ridiculous. It made much more sense with her as a (mostly) reformed killer.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I din't realise it was different in the states, strangely the Fonda version is why Besson makes films in english now to stop hollywood ruining another film; but the french film industry does not classify these films as french despite having a french director, crew and being filmed in France because it's filmed in english.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

since it's not la femme nikita and nobody is guessing anymore... hint?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It *is* Le Femme Nikita. DS just gets it called Nikita where he's at. We're (I am anyway :) ) waiting for noir to post something.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, i see :p ok, waiting it is then.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It *is not* "Le Femme Nikita" because "femme" is feminine; it is "La Femme Nikita" :lol: That's what my wasted years of French classes in both high school and college has left me with...

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Oh take a chill, BTA. :rolleyes: ;) You should have explained that le is masculine while la is feminine, so the movie with a male lead would be Le Homme Nikita and a female lead La Femme Nikita.

And I never had French! :p

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it should be l'homme Nikita... I'm bored, where's nior?

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

So, I actually got the right movie. Sorry to keep you guys waiting, I kind'a went off-line after my last post and went out of town for the weekend.

Oh btw, it won't be called Le Homme Nikita if it comes with a male lead. B'coz a male Nikita would be a Russian. :D

Let's not prolong the agony anymore, so here goes...

Guy with red mittens carving letters on a dead tree in the middle of a field. Then a plane flying low sprayed bullets on him. One hit, he fell down, then someone hurl a grenade up and down came the plane.

11. Newfie Banned

Enemy at the Gates?

12. nior Gems: 24/31

Nope. Not Enemy at the Gates.

Edit: I guess some clues are needed here. It's another French movie. A recent one, just last year. Simple clue would be "MMM".

[ November 16, 2005, 11:39: Message edited by: nior ]

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Very long engagement?

14. nior Gems: 24/31

A Very Long Engagement (Un Long Dimanche De FianCailles) it is. Your turn Vukodlak.

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

A longtime second-in-command is about to be proclaimed chief, when suddenly his commander, seemingly back from the dead, shoots him...

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Transformers the movie?

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

29 minutes? It lasted 29 minutes? Bloody hell... Your turn Enagonios...

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hells yeah! haven't seen that film in more than 5 years though :eek:

okay, here's mine:

A man that is blinded (but not blind) fights an opponent on a moving arena and wins (surprise :rolleyes: )

pretty easy if you've ever seen it I should think

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It sounds a little like Bloodsport, but I'm not sure about the moving arena part.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

that WAS quick ;) yeah, your turn dmc, the arena was indeed moving in some places

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.