1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Official World Cup Thread (no.1)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

at start of Korea vs togo match, korea national anthem was being played twice. The koreans were happy with it, the Togeans (sp?) were not. The Korean sung twice, the Togonese did not. The worst, everyone left the field after second Korean national anthem.

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The South Koreans already think they won the finals here, they went absolutely nuts yesterday.

SPA v UKR 1-2

Now if shevchenko is playing this will be a very close game. Seeing that Spain never seems to perform on the big stage I'll give this one to the Ukraine.

Ger v Pol 1-0

Based on the previous games this should be an easy victory for Germany. It's the last chance for Poland though so it will be close.

Tun v KSA 2-0

I have no idea if the Saoudis are any good so I'm giving this one to Tunisia.

Eng v TNT 1-1

Normally this should be an easy victory for England but with TNT who have nothing to lose, and are confident after last match this could turn out in a surprise. Especially after Englands mediocre performance against paraguay.

Ecu v CRC 1-0

Based on the previous matches this should be a victory for Ecuador which place them in the next round, the first surprise then?

[ June 14, 2006, 09:44: Message edited by: Apeman ]

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But IS Shevshenko playing?

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, it wasn't rally a fluke, they played really well that time, they took full benefit of other teams not taking them serious, and they had all the luck in the world on their side, a perfect combination.

Belgium and Hungary are weak footballnations. Their teams never get very far in the CL and Uefacup, and it reflects on their national squads. The players simply don't get the necessary international experience.

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

That is anything but certain. Their coach said yesterday that he won't announce the players untill one hour before the match. If you ask me they are over emphasizing the injury, all politics to keep spain off balance.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah, how am I supposed to pick results correctly if I don't even know who is playing?? Not fair!

Not always. At one point, Hungary were one of the best teams in the world.

7. teekc Gems: 23/31

World cup 94, hungary was not bad. World cup 54, i heard that hungary was not bad too. Went into final to be beaten by the team they beaten-ed earlier.

edit, just when i edited 54, you add 54.

8. Harbourboy

They were the favourites in 1954. Not that I was there.

9. teekc Gems: 23/31

Red Sox won world series.
    Either Mavericks or Heat will win NBA.
    Greece won Euro.

This year is Spain's year! can't wait for the Spain's game.

10. Harbourboy

Spain v Ukraine should be a revealing encounter for the rest of the tournament. Will Spain be a FORCE or a DISAPPOINTMENT?

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

In all the World Cups that I remember, Spain has been a disappointing force. The main issue is that the team is full of very good individual players, but they can't play well together.

Anyway, go Spain! :thumb:

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Spain is gonna suck, like always, and Schevshenko knows this is his only chance to show himself in a World Cup. 2-0 to Ukraine, with at least one, but probably both, goals scored by Andrej.

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    If we don't destroy Trinidad and Tobago, the lads may as well not come home. I don't care what anyone says about TNT we should take them to the cleaners.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I wonder if the Swedes thought the same.

Look at Spain scoring! Gotto be the worst goal so far though....

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't care what the Swedes thought, we're better than them too! :p Let's be fair about it too, how Sweden didn't win that game about 3-0 is completely beyond me, but we won't make the same mistake.

Spain are playing a decent game. Villa's goal was a blinder. Plenty of good goals in this World Cup! I don't think they look good enough to challenge though. A bit rocky at the back. England seem to be the only team so far who's put defense first! We play like the Germans and the Italians used to these days. Well, I guess when you have terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Neville and Robinson, you can afford to sit back pretty comfortably. We'll get most of our goals from set pieces. Of the past 6 goals England have scored 5 of them have been from dead balls. Beckham is unbelievable with a dead ball.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Exactly, in the early 50s, the 'Magical Magyar' were unbeaten for 31 matches, 4 of which were draws. Quite impressive. And all by a sudden it vanished, due to political thingies, I've heard.

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

2-0 :bigeyes:

Spain is doing surprisingly well. Keep 'em coming boys.

18. teekc Gems: 23/31

even guessing the correct side can't prevent the goal, that's how strong spain is!

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

And so, after the second goal, the game became extremely boring within seconds. I mean, Italy Denmark 2004 or Sweden Turkey 2000 class.

20. teekc Gems: 23/31

up by 3 goals, and they still sub in Raul!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.