1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Official World Cup Thread (no.1)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    With the link between weird footballcommentators and Argentinians, let me give you another weird link :grin:

Man, why did he stop :(

3. teekc Gems: 23/31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Larrionda

wiki is fast on information too. Larrionda is the ref. of for the italy-u.s. match. He has a history of being suspended before joining the world cup 02.

So, along with the "lost first match and cannot advance" tradition, this is what going to happen,
    Ghana wins u.s., Czech beats italy, Lippi loses his job, Baresi takes over, ponytail is the assistant.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, that group is now super interesting. USA v Ghana is now a huge game, as is Italy v Czech Republic! This is the sort of tension the fans want to see!

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a game that was between the USA and Italy! If a game like that can't get the American public interested, nothing will. It had everything!

6. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Now that's a 'death's group' (or whatever is called in English)...

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Well, it didn't have any 40 yard passes, no threepointers, no homeruns, no fastbreak no-look passes, no sacks, no double plays, and only two goals. I see plenty of reasons for Americans not to be interested. :D

8. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

No,it's sadomasochism. :)

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Where's the "jogo bonito"? :p
    Go Aussies!!

EDIT:
    They do have champion's luck. Aussies didn't, and they did have more chances than Brazukas...

[ June 18, 2006, 19:57: Message edited by: Sydax ]

10. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Too true! :lol:

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

And now nil all between Japan and Croatia. It's all happening. Australia are back with a real chance of progressing now.

Plus Ghana look good. Didn't realise they had such good players. It's all wide open now.

Brazil still look a bit lack lustre.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31

no one tell them?
    Which name do you have on the jersey? last name, i.e. the name you share with your family, right? Koreans write their family (last) name first, then (first) name. there is no middle name. Same as chinese. all the koreans players have their name on their jersey. apply the same to for example england, you will have a team of peter, jamie, steven, etc.

edit.
    do you know, Korean fans can win game for you.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

France is a hot air balloon with no air in it, in this form, they won't even make it past Togo. I predict another early exit for the froggies.

14. Harbourboy

Woo, another group thrown wide open. France can't find a way to beat South Korea! Now that Group is totally up for grabs!

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Dammit, the England v Sweden game is the night before my french exam. How the hell am I supposed to revise?

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Wow! 1 - 1 game... At least France did manage to score a goal after 8 long years.

17. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

:shake: Yes, Zidane is yet again a hinderence for the rest of the team... luckily he will not be playing in the last French groupmatch :)

18. Harbourboy

There are some huge games coming up now. Australia v Croatia is a biggie now. Italy v Czech Republic is massive. USA v Ghana is crucial, as are Switzerland's remaining games.

19. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It is quite amusing to watch the frogs struggling like this, im still carrying a grudge from when they scored 2 goals in injury time to beat England 2-1 in our first Euro 2004 game.

20. Harbourboy

It is amusing to watch any of the 'upsets' in this tournament. I'd quite like to see Argentina and England lose (or at least draw) next, then nobody will have any idea at all who the favourites are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.