1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Official World Cup Thread (no.1)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I don't think the game against Germany proved anything since Equador practically played with its B-lineup to save their better players. Still Germany did a good job..

2. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

German didn't show anything against Ecuador, they played with the 'second' team, 5 of the starters got rest while German went with the titular team.
    Maybe Ecuador isn't good as many other teams, but I think that they should be a hard team to beat.

What a beautiful goal by J. Cole. Amazing.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Please explain why. Unless you misunderstand what I wrote...

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Now I really want to lose that match. Or, win 1-0.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Mind you...it's Sir Nigel from that moment on for you plebs. :p

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

England should smash Ecuador, although I do find it hilarious how the English have such a bee in their bonnet about not having beaten Sweden for 39 years. Possibly a quarter final against Portugal?

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    To be fair, the Swedes, on the whole, are as surprised as we are about having not beat them for so long.

8. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Correct, Earl Grey.

Oh, and Nigel - the Ecuador of tonight wasn't the team that England will face next Saturday. England did nothing to impress me so far, Ecuador stands a really good chance of giving them the boot and proceed to the quarters. Come on, Ecuador changed 5 positions today, they even started without Tin Delgado. And Germany made it clear from the beginning that they absolutely wanted to win that match - so why bother?

England will face a different Ecuadorian team. It will be hard for them.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    England will not lose to Ecuador.

If any team with Agustin Delgado gets wirthin 2 goals of us, I will just quite being an England support and shift to Scotland or something.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, you're trying really hard to get me to start praying for Ecuador, aren't you? Maybe I should start looking up a list of Scottish real estate agents for you just in case.

There is no such thing as a sure bet in the round of 16 in soccer. There have been far too many upsets to take anything for granted.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Don;t make Barmy start supporting Scotland, he's had enough misery in his poor world cup without foisting Scotland on him.

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

This is going to be cool, i'm gonna be Sir Nigel with a bowler hat, and Barmy will be Angus McBarmy :shake:

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    At the end of the day Harbs there's no point going 'ooh, I'm really worried about that game' when it's a game we should cruise. I'm not full of **** I tell it how it is.

They're no mugs, but we should bury them big time. Agustin Delgado is their main man and he wasn't good enough for Aston Villa. Nuff said.

14. Daie d'Malkin

We need to win the cup this year. The world needs more Crouchbot (tm)

15. Harbourboy

No, the Crouchbot is embarrassing for all concerned.

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

go back to watch replay or recording or online clip, around 54th min, Sweden had a corner and Larsson had a header. Good save or not, Robinson push away the ball like a little school girl shooo away a spider.

17. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Top of the group, job done. Just seen Owens injury again looks really bad :( He could be out for a long while, maybe right into next season aswell. Im a bit concerned now that if Rooneys not on the field Crouch is the point of out attack :sosad: , can we really win the World cup with Peter Crouch our fittest striker!?

18. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

no you cannot. this year is Spain's turn.

19. Harbourboy

How many more times will we have to see Peter Crouch's mournful "it wasn't me, ref, honest" look in this World Cup?

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Spain always promise much and then fail to deliver, i think everybodys getting used to that and maybe thats whats driving then to achieve but i still doubt they have the team to be serious contenders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.