1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Official World Cup Thread (no.1)

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You're having a laugh aren't you? Everyone will mention the scores!

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

not in the title, please.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Or the first three lines of the message, which show up under the title anyway?

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    What title? All talk about the WC will be in this thread and the scores will be mentioned loads of times dude!

I would just not enter this thread if you don't want to know any scores ;) .

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

3 hours until I jump into the car and head for Germany! Wish me luck!

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kewl! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Have a great time!

Btw, you dont need no stinkin' luck. It's save enough here, it is. ;)

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Finally the 9th of june has arrived, Oh man I can't wait to see germany take a loss to Costa Rica.

@Barmy

I'll finally experience first hand how it is to watch football with complete England football freak. Met a guy here in South Korea who knows even more than you, gonna watch every game at his place, except the big games which I will see in a bar or in the park on the big screen.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

In the park? Isn't it the middle of winter? Why not stay in your warm and cosy house with the beer fridge close at hand for ALL the games?

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    @ Rutkowski

Best of luck, mate! Except when Sweden play England, then I wish you the worst of luck :shake: :thumb: .

@ Apeman

Hope you enjoy it ;) . Go with the flow on the booze and you'll have a scream ;) .

@ Harbs

It's the middle of summer you backwards colonial! :shake: I don't think I'd ever get used to switched seasons :bad: .

10. Harbourboy

:doh:

Oh well, lots of goals in that first game. Not good news for my German goalkeeper and defender though but at least I got my 2 goal margin right.

Not much happening in this Poland v Ecuador game so far though.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Seriously Poland.... the Paralympics are in 2008 :p

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    Good first game between Germany and Costa Rica. The Germans will have to sort that defence out though if they are serious about winning this competition. The defenders in Chesterfield league are less static than that! Good teams will take advantage. Good attacking football though.

Poland and Ecuador is a bit of a shock so far. Fancy Ecuador taking the lead! But they're well in charge to be hones, as well!

13. Harbourboy

Go Ecuador!

14. teekc Gems: 23/31

does this mean ballack is not essential for Germany and he can pack and go home already?

15. Harbourboy

Go Torsten Frings. He was my captain for the game and he scored. Double points for me!

16. teekc Gems: 23/31

i knew it! i knew you would say that!

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Germany has some serious defensive issues, but offensively they look surprisingly good. I guess all they can do is charge blindly and try to outscore every opponent, I mean 6-5 is also a win, no ?

I'm glad they won though, Germany should go a long way on their own turf. I'm pretty sure that somewhere along the way the German team manages to grow and rise to the occasion, they always do.

18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] I calculated the outcome according to FIFA rankings in order to put things in perspective.

Groups (Rankings)
    Group A: Germany (19) and Costa Rica (26)
    Group B: England (10) and Sweden (16)
    Group C: Netherlands (3) and Argentina (9)
    Group D: Mexico (4) and Portugal (7)
    Group E: Czech (2) and USA (5) (Italy is out being ranked 13)
    Group F: Brazil (1) and Japan (18)
    Group G: France (8) and Korea (29)
    Group H: Spain (6) and Tunisia (21)

Final 16:
    Sweden beats Germany
    Netherlands beats Mexico
    England beats Costa Rica
    Mexico beats Argentina
    Czech beats Japan
    France beats Tunisia
    Brazil beats USA
    Spain beats Korea

Quarterfinals:
    Netherlands beats France
    Czech beats Sweden
    Mexico beats Spain
    Brazil beats England

Semifinals:
    Czech beats Mexico
    Brazil beats Netherlands

Final:
    Brazil beats Czech

Bronze game:
    Netherlands beats Mexico

Will someone post the odds for a few of the more "interesting" results above, please!

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Screw the odds Earl, both you, I and Rutkowski knows who will be the winner of this cup...

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, long live Italy!

Also, I must tell you guys, watching Germany - Costa Rica in a church where beer, smokes, grill, and 100 drunk Germans were located was ESTATHIC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.