1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think that it is from Tora! Tora! Tora! If I remember correctly it was copied exactly in Pearl Harbor despite the fact that there was never any proof that the Japanese admiral actually said it in real life.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Damn, I think JSBB is right *again*.....although I still think that line should have been in Godzilla as well.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Dang, Didnt know it was used in Pearl harbour. But JSBB is correct. You're up.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

"What has happened here was caused by a force which up until a few days ago was entirely beyond the scope of Man's imagination!"

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol:

Sneaky, JSBB, sneaky. :shake:

(I Googled the quote, so I won't give an answer.)

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I'm glad you liked it Splunge, I thought it was rather amusing myself. :D

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Godzilla?

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yep, go ahead Harbourboy :)

9. Harbourboy

You're joking right? I was just being silly, guessing the same thing I did last time.

OK then, here's an easy-ish one to keep this going. I love this film.

"Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people!"

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It's A Wonderful Life. No questions about that, I used to watch it once a week.

next:
    "No one. He's no one. Distant cousin of my Aunt's nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice. Eunuch."

11. Harbourboy

Aldazar is right, as usual.

The Road to El Dorado?

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nope.

Here's a hint because I may not be back for a couple of days:
    This may make it a little too easy but think of "Keef Richards" mixed with Disney.

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think it's willow

Edit: just re-read quote and realised it cant be.

14. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Pirates of the Caribeean.

Edit: I am reasonably sure that I'm right so here's another:

'How many are following us?'
    'All of'em.'
    'All of'em!? What's the matter with those guys?'

[ August 27, 2004, 09:40: Message edited by: Vukodlak ]

15. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

While I don't know Vukodlak's, I can confirm that he was right about Pirates. Can't get enough of that movie :p

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

chronicles of riddick?

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?

18. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Aye, Butch and Sundance it is.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

damn. wasnt something like that said in chronicles of riddick when they were trying to get off the fire planet? ;/

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I don't know anything about a same/similar quote in Riddick, I have not seen it yet.

I am drawing a blank so I guess I will use one that I had recently in a movie quote competition (I lost by 2 - probably due to the chick flick content)

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*ck how crazy they are!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.