1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sure. It's an independant movie (hence the difficulty) starring John Cryer (you may know him as "Ducky" from "Pretty in Pink.") The movie is set in New York, has an area of New York City in the title, and the title is longer than average.

If you need another hint, let me know.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To tell you the truth I doubt it would help as I suspect that the last clue would give it away for people who have seen/know anything about the film.

I was tempted to ask for another hint but then I figured that I probably had never heard of the film so I looked it up on IMDB.

I suspect that you have a stumper but I have been proven wrong before.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    MWWWAAHAHAHAHA!! :evil: We'll give it some time. ;)

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You know, that is almost like begging for me to post a quote from a Canadian Indy film next time I get control of the game. :p

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I also cheated and looked up the movie. I find it interesting that there are no memorable quotes for the movie listed at IMDB. I then asked a client who owns a video store and he said he has never heard of the movie either.

Congratulations DR you may have been the only person to see this particular movie .

I'm not sure what the rules are, but I'm pretty sure as a cheater I do not get to post the next quote.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Never seen it either, and having checked out that link to IMDB I'm out too. Actually, I've never even heard of it before and have really only heard of 2 other stars on the cast list.

And here, I thought I'd seen most of Jon Cryer's work.

7. Death Rabbit

Media:
    The movie is called "Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God...Be Back by 5." It's a movie about 2 childhood friends who hear rumors that another childhood friend, whom they haven't heard from in years, has been seen wandering around Coney Island, homeless and muttering strange things. They decide to go find him and rehash a lot of old personal demons along the way. The "Mission from God" part is a code word they used to use in school, whenever one wanted the other to ditch class for something really important. It's a pretty decent movie as indies go, one I rented one weekend a few years back when I was bored and in the mood for something indipendent and artsy. Art school does that to ya.

Don't worry fellas...I won't gloat. MUCH! :D

/me does the cabbage patch.

Okay - well, to keep things going, here's a new one, much easier (hopefully) than the last.

"I've been thinking with my stomach since I was 12 years old. And I've come to the conclusion that my stomach has got sh*t for brains."

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

That's High Fidelity.

And again here's a major softball:

"Any of you f***ing p***ks move and I'll execute every last one of you m***erf***ers"

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    We alredy had a pulp fiction quote from Baelzlebub just above. Anyway, I'll post a quote later.

Edit: From one of my favourite movies: There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and **** one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and **** 'em all".

[ May 22, 2004, 00:34: Message edited by: Takara ]

10. Death Rabbit

Media:
    You must be new to the Quote Game, Takara. Every other quote in this damn game came from Pulp Fiction. :D It just kinda happens that way, I've noticed. Too many good lines in that flick, it's inevitable.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I guess you guys need a hint.

It's a joke told by sean penn in this movie, and is set in gang-land LA.

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Colors.

"Get a load of this guy. He must be 'King of the Wicker People.'"

[ May 24, 2004, 16:58: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

13. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

"All you motherf*ckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna f*ck your moms while you watch and cry like lil' whiny b*tches. Then, when we find those Miramax f*cks who's writing the movie, were gonna make 'em eat our ****, then **** out our ****, then eat their **** which is composed entirely out of ours. Then all you motherf*cks are next. Love, Jay & Silent Bob"

No, I'm not a 15 year old stoner (18 :D ), just like the movie (a lot). Obviously from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back...

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ Nizidramanii'yt (however the hell you pronounce it)

Apparantly you don't understand the rules of the Quote Game. You don't just post random quotes for fun, it's an actual game with rules. One of which being that you can't post a quote unless you successfully guess the currently posted quote. And you certainly don't follow the quote up with the title of the movie it came from (that kind of kills the whole "guessing game" thing we have going on here). Please follow that format in the future.

For more clarification, the rules of the Quote Game are posted in the first post of every Quote Game thread. Scroll up and read JSBB's first post above.

As such, my quote still stands and needs answering, if you (or anyone) knows it.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Someone else tried this line a month or so ago in another quote type game on a different site. It's from Batman, right?

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    After 4 quote games, it seems some unintended recycling was inevitable. Yes, it's Batman.

17. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @DR - I don't think it was this game, I think it was a different site that one of my friends is trying to convince me to frequent.

"I'm sorry I bit you... and pulled your hair... and punched you in the face... "

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

dmc, reduced to using cartoons. Tsk tsk.

Lilo and Stitch, however pathetic that I know.

19. dmc

Media:
    I liked that movie! Anyway, go on.

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.