1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by JSBB, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I have to agree with Kam here. Michael Keaton was amazing, but Adam West rules the roost.

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Whaat? It was ham acting :eek: Michael Keaton, now THAT was a classy batman...
    Hugh Jackman could pull it off well I think.
    any truth to the rumor that the next batman is Christian Bale (Reign of Fire)?

3. Takara

Media:
    I prefer Christian bale (Empire of the sun) Much better film. :grin:

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Anyway, I think that Christian Bale (Equilibrium) should be a good Batman... (ain't rumor - its been filmed)

Right, whose bloody turn is it? Where is Zurga?

5. Takara

Media:
    I sense an IJ coming on...

6. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Of course it was ham acting! That's why he's great! Anyway, on topic, If Zurga doesn't go soon, someone may need to keep it going.

7. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Sorry to been keeping you waiting, I've passed out, am thinking of going to AA meetings. Thanks for witholding the IJ.

"its reality mixed with illusion, mixed with bull****, mixed with big scary guys from parts unknown, in dire need of psychiatric care".
    Again a softball.

Anyway Adam West was probably the best batman all things considered.

:yot: What is softball? Is it like baseball?

8. Takara

Media:
    Damn... that rings a bell. :bang:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That one's no softball. I have no idea.

Off topic: a softball the ball used in the game softball which is 90% the same as baseball but the ball is slightly bigger and is pitched in an underarm rather than sidearm action. Canada, USA, Japan, Australia and, bizarrely, New Zealand are some of the world's top softball teams.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am pretty sure that is from The Art of War. A perfect example of a poorly written action-espionage-thriller, made in Canada on a small budget (most of which probably went towards Wesley Snipes' salary) and subsidized by the Canadian taxpayers. ;)

11. Takara

Media:
    heh, I really liked the art of war. Anyway, that's where I remembered the quote from.

12. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes it was from The Art of War despite of Canadian Taxpayers and ol' Adam West.

JSBb take it away.

An :yot: P.S. Is curling the national sport in Canada or is that hockey? And would you like it to be hockey?

And for the record I never said it was perfect.

[ October 20, 2004, 01:06: Message edited by: Zurga ]

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Actually the official national sport of Canada is lacrosse although hockey is definitely our unofficial national sport.

Oh, and I never said that I didn't like The Art of War - trust me poor writing and low budget are a feature of many of my favourite films.

This is way too easy but I can't think of anything better right now.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

So I've noticed by the movies you post quotes from :p

As for the answer: Heat.

Such a practical guy that DeNiro ;)

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes it is from Heat. Kind of a dead give away when the title of the film is in the quote. Oh well, I have something a little more interesting for next time. ;)

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

This is similar to what Aldazar did with his last turn.

"It wasn't me! It was the one-armed man!"

It's NOT from The Fugitive :p

17. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Aaargh. I'm sure I heard it as a spoof in a movie somewhere.

Didn't Ace Venture utter it once in one of his movies?

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

My guess would be Wrongfully Accused but I am sure any number of spoof films had one-armed man lines.

19. Takara

Media:
    Yeah, could have been a whole number of them. The Wrong man might be one of them?

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Oh, my bad :eek: I'd only heard it in Ace Ventura. I'll be sure to choose a more memorable quote next time. Your go Apeman

<Edit>

Okay, It's been days so I think I'll have to post just to keep the thread moving.. to redeem myself for that bad quote, I'm throwing a softy :p

"It's the so-called "normal guys" that always let you down. Sickos don't scare me. At least they stay committed."

[ October 23, 2004, 05:53: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.