1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 6

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Right - glad we've narrowed it down to romantic comedies earlier than the Wedding Singer but later than Fatal Attraction.

How about "When Harry Met Sally"?

2. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

This is a shot in the dark... "So I married an axe murderer"?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"The War of the Roses"?

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

no, no and no :D

hmm I thought this was gonna be a softy, kinda surprised :eek:

5. Harbourboy

These are never softies as it's actually really hard to remember quotes from all the movies you've ever seen. What about "Throw Momma from the Train"?

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nope, okay, time for a hint i think :)

[removed wrong hint]

<edit>

D'Oh!!! :doh:

my mistake, i just checked and this movie was not the first, but the SECOND that these 2 have starred in together. But of the 3, this is the most popular one. Also, the movie in question and the one after it are by the same director.

[ March 31, 2005, 13:40: Message edited by: Enagonios ]

7. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

Eurika! Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan - and the second movie has to be "Sleepless in Seattle"...

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I googled it yesterday and it is from Sleeples in Seattle.

Tsk Tsk Enagonios - forgot about Joe Versus the Volcano did you? :p Of course given that I have never watched any of the three Hanks/Ryan films I guess I can forgive you for that. ;)

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yup, you got it victor.

hehe yea i did.

Whaaat???? I mean... with the b-movie stuff that you love so much Joe vs. the Volcano is right up your alley JSBB ;) :p

And while You've Got Mail wasn't too bad, Sleepless in Seattle isn't to be missed :eek: While I'm not too fond of the "sappy" movie genre, this is an exception I have to make :D I mean, c'mon, you have to see it if merely to hear the quote I used :D

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sorry but (a) romantic comedies are not high on my list of films to watch (b) I am not a fan of Meg Ryan and (c) for the most part I despise just about anything with Tom Hanks in it. As far as I am concerned he is the most overrated actor in the history of mankind.

None of which makes we want to go out and see any of Joe, Sleepless or Mail. No, I think I will stick with action, science fiction, fantasy, horror and/or comedies.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Just curious but aside from his early [really bad] films like "the man with one red shoe", what movies in particular gave you that opinion?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Let me think, how about
    The Money Pit
    Big
    The Burbs
    Turner & Hooch
    A League of their Own
    Forrest Gump (the single most unbearably bad movie of all time in my opinion)
    Cast Away

Catch Me if You Can - the film itself wasn't bad but Tom Hanks was bad in it. The same for The Green Mile.

I will concede that he did a good job of voice acting in the Toy Story films.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I'm definitely with you on forrest gump and a league of their own. I didn't think the money pit, the burbs or big were THAT bad :p Cast away was pretty good considering practically the whole movie was him and a volleyball :D never hearda Turner & hooch though. You left out dragnet. I hate that movie, not just hanks, but ackroyd and everyone else in it :mad:

You just have to see some of the good stuff like, Sleepless in Seattle :D lemme get back to you when I remember some of his other good stuff, I'm not exactly a fan so I haven't seen all that many. He wasn't too bad in Road to Perdition imo.

14. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

Seems like JSBB's got the same attitude towards Tom Hanks that I do towards Adam Sandler. What an [snip] :D

"She's a transvestite."

"You're stoned."

"She's still a transvestite."

15. Harbourboy

"Dude, Where's My Car?"

16. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Sounds like a bit from Crocodile Dundee (Italian Cab driver in the bar)

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Anger Management? ;)

That Adam Sandler comment may be a red herring :p

19. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31

No, not Crocodile Dundee. It's of a more recent date.

And the Adam Sandler remark isn't a red herring (great expression btw) - I'd never quote anything he's appeared in :D

Although the quote itself may suggest otherwise, the humor of this film is quite understated and mostly character driven. It takes places in a university/literary setting.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

rules of attraction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.