1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Riddle Game 2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] Quoth the raven... the right answer! :grin:

You're up next, HB!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What's black and white and red all over?

3. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

A newspaper?

A bleeding nun?

A zebra wearing lipstick?

There's way too many variations on this one.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, well you have to find the variation that is the RIGHT answer to MY riddle....

5. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

That's just plain cruel. :p

6. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

A sunburned penguin?

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Commie in a tux? ;)

8. Harbourboy

Maurolava has the right answer. Your turn.

9. Maurolava

:lol: no way, it was the first thing that pop in my head!! :lol:

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "12" The member replied, "6" and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "6" The member replied, "3" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said,"10" and the man replied, "5" However, he was not let in.

What should have he said?

10. Harbourboy

11. Maurolava

no..try again

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

3. It's the number of letters in the (written) number.

13. Maurolava

Carcaroth got it.

Your up...

14. Carcaroth

One day a father went to his three sons and told them that he would die soon and he needed to decide which one of them to give his property to. He decided to give them all a test. He said "Go to the market my sons and purchase something that is large enough to fill my bedroom, but small enough to fit in your pocket.From this I will decide who of you is the wisest and worthy enough to inherit my land." So they all went to the market and bought something that they thought would fill the room, yet was still small enough that they could fit into their pockets. Each son came back with a different item. The father told his sons to come into his bedroom one at a time and try to fill up his bedroom with whatever they had purchased. The first son came in and put some peices of cloth that he had bought and layed them end to end across the room, but it bearly covered any of the floor. Then the second son came in and layed some hay, that he had purchased, on the floor but there was only enough to cover half of the floor. The third son came in and showed his father what he had purchased and how it could fill the entire room yet still fit into his pocket. The father replied "You are truly the wisest of all and you shall recieve my property." What was it that the son had showed to his father?

15. The Magpie

A stink bomb?

16. Carcaroth

:lol: :lol:

Not the answer I was thinking of (a match) but good enough for me.

17. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

You can buy stink bombs now? :eek: :D :outta:

18. The Magpie

Cheers, Carcaroth! :lol:

I did think "torch" after I'd posted, but I thought that stink bomb still fit the bill nicely. It popped straight into my head because some wanker set off a stink bomb in a maths exam at school once, and it took the teachers ages to clear the smell leaving the doors propped open & windows wide. :shake:

Now, riddle me this, riddle me that:

I fly, yet I have no wings. I cry, yet I have no eyes. Darkness follows me; lower light I never see.

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I would guess a cloud, but I don't know how it fits with the fourth part (what is lower light anyway?) except that a cloud can't see anything.

20. The Magpie

[​IMG] Well done dmc! Lower light just refers to the shadows cast by a cloud. It's position in the sentence indicates that it's just a restatement of "darkness", imho.

Time to pull something out of the briefcase for us, then... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.