1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Riddle Game 3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Removed" is not a letter. It's a series of letters. 7 letters, actually. So the clue might lie there. Or not.

(I saw this riddle the other day, so if anyone gets this from my "hint", then I want whatever you're smokin' :p )

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Right DS. (Splunge is correct, too, but, as that has absolutely nothing to do with the riddle, we can disregard it as irrelevant -- humorous, but still irrelevant.)

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I think Splunge deserves at least half a point for his answer! :grin:

5. DarkStrider

Woohoo

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

It could be tobaccoo... or a peat brick for the fire. :)

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Could be coal also.

8. DarkStrider

ok tobacco is green/brown

I was looking for peat/coal/charcoal so Colthrun wins the shiny windmill on a stick. :)

9. Colthrun

Yay!
    /me runs around to see the windmill turn :hippy:
    An easy one.

Two fathers and two sons went for a stroll, with a bag containing 16 coins. They decided to cross the river, and the boatman charged them 4 coins per person. Once they were on the other side, they saw a person selling apples for a coin per unit. They checked their purse, and saw they still had enough for an apple each, and one for the boatman.

How is this possible?

10. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, it says that they had a bag with 16 coins in it but then it says that they checked they're purse so there probably was more money in it. I'm probably way off but it is always good to try.

11. DarkStrider

There are three people a son, a father (who is son to his father) and a grandfather, it costs 12 coins for them leaving 4 coins for apples

12. Colthrun

That's dracolich wisdom for you. :thumb:

/me gives DS some bone polisher

13. DarkStrider

ooh bone polisher...

/me starts polishing bones, looks up, what? Oh a riddle, hmm, have a silly one

What has four wheels and flies?

14. Colthrun

A cart full of dead bodies? :grin:

*drums*

15. DarkStrider

Cruel but wrong, puts on Vernon voice Haha

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Oooh, ooh, ooh! It's a flying car, isn't it?

No? You mean Colthrun was not only faster, but wittier (if that is even a word)? Aww....

Anyways, would a plane fit this one? They've got wheels and a tendency to fly- but I'm not actually sure how many wheels they possess.

Perhaps I'm just not very good at this game.

17. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A garbage truck.

18. DarkStrider

Indeed Bahir, have a shiny windmill on a stick and I'll get back to polishing :) :rolling:

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Carol is travelling by ship from south of the equator to the north.

She has a nice little second class cabin which has a bathroom, but no window.

Carol has no compass nor other instruments.

Yet, without leaving her room or talking with anyone, Carol knew exactly when the ship crossed the equator.

How did she know?

20. DarkStrider

The coriolis effect? Water running out the sink in the northen Henisphere will rotate counter-clockwise, but rotate clockwise in the southern hemisphere.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.