1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Riddle Game 3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 2, 2006.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ok. It seems this thred has been forgotten again. Is someone else going to post a riddle or do I have to look one up myself?

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Bahir to the rescue:

I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, thought follows close behind. What am I?

3. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I've seen this one before I think. Is the answer "nose"?

4. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

5. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I never was, am always to be,
    No one ever saw me, nor ever will,
    And yet I am the confidence of all
    To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.
    What am I?

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The future?

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I'll pay that. The answer that I was looking for was "Tomorrow" but its the same thing I guess. Next one is all yours dmc.

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK. You have five pairs of black gloves and five pairs of blue gloves in a drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must you take from the drawer in order to be sure to get a matching pair?

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

If you take out one glove, and that one is say blue, and you take out two more gloves (for the other hand), and those two happen to be black, three can't be the answer.

Since there are 5 right hand black gloves, and 5 left hand blue gloves, you would need to take out one, say, left hand glove, and 6 right hand gloves, in order to be certain that you get a matching pair (one left and one right). The light may be off but you can still feel which glove fits which hand.

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    In complet darkness, blue is black. It would match in darkness while it would not match in light and so you just need a right and left hand glove to make a pair.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Six if you can't tell color or which hand it belongs on, or if they're reversible.

12. dmc

Media:
    OK wise guys -- to clarify, you find out whether they match when you turn the light on. Also, once you touch a glove you are deemed to have removed it from the drawer, so you cannot tell by feel which is which. Happy? Someone cough up the right answer.

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

What are the keys required for the forehead slapping graemlin...

It's not six as I said, that would be the correct answer if there were five of each rather than five pairs...

The correct answer is eleven... I think...

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

I'll say three then, even though it should not be the right answer.

15. Blog Gems: 23/31

3 sounds right if they are mittens ;)

16. dmc

Media:
    Eleven is correct.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Ooh Rah... Riddle Time:

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

Just kidding that would merely be a race, the actual riddle is this...

"What begins with the letter 'e' ends with 'e' yet contains only o.ne letter?"

18. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

Envelope, I believe (ooh rah!).

19. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

It goes to BlkDeth... curse those cheese stick riddles.

20. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

As a whole, I am both safe and secure. Behead me, and I become a place of meeting. Behead me again, and I am the partner of ready. Restore me, and I become the domain of beasts. What am I?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.