1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The World's Best Footballer

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
  2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    BOC - I meant the English guy choices :) . I'm sure most people recognise John Terry as the worlds best centre back, and Lampard as one of the worlds best central midfielders (it was a toss up between him and Gerrard). Rooney, I didn't think deserved a definite start, which is why I put him alongside Shevvy, but he is definitely proving himself as world class time and time again. He's been the lynch-pin of the Man Utd side and the England side for the last year or more.

And Harbs, I never said we were a red hot prospect. I said we have a great team, on paper. But there is a massive difference in having a team of world class players and having a team capable of winning the world cup. IF we can bring our players together, working for each other as a team and with a great hunger to win, there's not many teams who can beat us. But that goes for 5 or 6 team in this world cup. If we play well, we have a great chance. But that is a big if.

3. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Barmy, personally i think Paul Hartley should be in there. Especially after his performance in recent Scotland games, and he still has plenty of years ahead of him to become even better.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    Not to mention Kenny Miller! :D

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:lol: Very good one Sorvo...

I'd go with Ronaldinho, last winner of the best player; he has his 'house' close to ours, he has his own beach, where he practises every day almost all day; and it seems that the ball is attached to his foot... Watched the advertise he did? Part 1 Another one. Better yet, watch them all. especialy number 6.
    Here's the official Nike site. All parts there but carefull if you have slow connection.

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No you don't. Both Italy and Argentina have better teams, and I don't know if the Dutch, Spaniolas, and Czechs are very close to you too.

Just because your players get the most press in England, doesn't mean they are the best. If that was so, I would say that Sweden has the best team in the World.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    The Italians and the Argies? Nah.

You're teling me Abbondanzieri is better than Robinson? Or that the likes of Miliso, Burdisso and Ponzio would get in the England team? Not happening. There's only one or two Argentinian players I'd have (Crespo, Messi *maybe* Riquelme).

The Italians are better than the Argies, but they still don't have as much as us going forward. They don't have one player who can hold a torch to Rooney. Although they do have a mean side defensively.

Bear in mind we're talking ON PAPER. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Italians and the Argentinians get further than us in the competition, but that doesn't mean they#ve got a better team than we have.

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ladanian Tomlinson or Tom Brady.

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Someone's already cracked that joke and it wasn't funny then ;) .

10. Register Gems: 29/31

Have you seen Inzaghi lately, Filippo that is? He is scoring in practically every game he plays, often more than once. He was the reason Milan is still in Champion's League.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    He's not as good as Owen ;) .

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Owen? Hmm, he's been SO awesome so far in this world cup.

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yes, because he's not fit...

14. Register Gems: 29/31

Since this topic was already ressurected, I must say, both Toni and Inzaghi are world-class attackers, and the rest of them are pretty close too. Can't see why Lippi didn't take Di Vaio with him though.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Inzaghi should play ahead of Toni next game because that bloke has done nothing for me so far. Neither has that Iaquinta. I'd play Inzaghi and Gilardino next game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.