1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Theme Parties

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Angel Headed Hipster, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey, Phaen is tough! I often lose that battle and have to reload!

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

1. aasimar - paladin of Helm/fighter
    2. aasimar - monk
    3. duergar - M-lord of Lathander/fighter
    4. tiefling - wizard (necromancer)/rogue
    5. drow - sorceror
    6 wild elf - ranger

3. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

are you powergaming or roleplaying?

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I am just playing :p

5. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

a good mix :)

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

and I even mannaged to got through HoF with this party. Man that was horror. On normal mode this party is very good but HoF is insane. I'll never play it again.

7. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

i actually had a pretty easy time with HOF; a half-orc barbarian = tank with insane amount of hp, and i had 3 party members capable of healing. also, my first mage started every battle with this technique:

-summon
    -summon
    -summon
    -back to step 1

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I used improved invisiblity :p with my sorceror (too bad I've chosen necromancer for my second mage :( ) and summoned undead and buffed to max before almost every battle

9. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

summoning's a lifesaver, really is; at the higher levels you will be able to summon creatures that can take on an army....except if that army has banish

10. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I've never seen anyone cast banish, although I always target spell casters with missles, magic, and summons.

11. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

well, im going through hell with my roleplaying party...boy now im glad i didn't go for a paladin of mystra....i think this game has been made with powergamers in mind

12. ericseablade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm about to start a game with an all evil/no fighter party.

1) Aasimar Dreadmaster of Bane
    2) Human Stormlord of Talos
    3) Human Battleguard of Tempus (the chaotic evil variety)
    4) Tiefling Rouge(x) Demarch of Mask (y)
    5) Tiefling Transmuter (brother of the Demarch of above)
    6) Human Sorcerer

How many rouge levels should I give the Demarch of Mask? I want him to be a somewhat competent scout and sneak attacker, but only take the minimum rouge levels that I'll need.

13. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

after 22 attempts i have finally beaten all the orcs you encounter when you fisrt enter shaengarne fort without a party member dying!!

14. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Hey Arianyr, is that roleplaying party in Normal or HoF?

Thats why I like smaller parties. They level up better so they are more capable of surviving.
    As for Phaen, in Normal mode, I just throw a barrel of flaming oil on him. If timed right it catches his summons just as they appear and they all die in one shot. Then take out Phaen with bolts.

15. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

im i normal mode, not HoF...they're all lvl 2 right now, but like 70 xp short of lvl3

16. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Arianyr, how many characters do you have in your party? Since you're rp-ing, I guess you've got 6...

Rp-ing can be a lot of fun, but it won't help you when you're fighting the Guardian or the Fields of Slaughter Battle... And with six members in your party you can only pray to get to level 15/16 by the end of the game...

17. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

i know, but i prefer to have a full party

18. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I ran a 6 man party, and got to level18/19 at the end. No squatting, but had 3 ECL characters and got alot of experience through random encounters, specifically, the fields before the goblin fortress (those ice trolls and halh goblins will rack up EP for ya).

@Arianyr, you should be much higher at this point in the game, even with 6 members, did you complete all side quests. My six man party got to level 4/5. Need that 5th level for clerics/wizrds/socerers for animate dead and fireball, makes thoses orc much easier to handle.

19. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

i did all....i think.....the weeping widow.....phaen....the diviner....the letter.....that's it, right?

20. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

No dear Arianyr, that's not it...
    Few examples: iron collar band, lay down the law in targos, clear goblin cave, Guthewulf, healing Reig, arrows for Isherwood, bringing that dead cat to the captain's mother, the bottle of wine for that soldier... There is plenty to do in the early stages... You might want to take a look here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/IWD2-QuestSkillList.zip

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.