1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Theme Parties

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Angel Headed Hipster, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Arianyr Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

those are all quests that you HAVE to do, not sidequests....except the cat thing

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Did you try to kill all the goblins in the Pallisades battle. If the NPCs kill them, you get no XP. Go for the leaders if time is a problem. If you know the attack pattern from previous plays, then when you are down to one or two enemies left at one attack spot, move most of your party and possible summons to the next spot to wait for the attack. The last party member and NPCs then finish off the remaining enemy.
    remember to be careful with area effect spells, no need to anger the town because you webbed a mercenary. (If the mercenary later walks into the web though, they don't get mad at ya).

3. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

im gonna start wiht a party made for power! unlimited POWER!!!!! :mad:

yes....eh....well, ill still try to keep it diverse; no 5 drow in my party

-aasimar paladin[2] cleric of lathander [x] with greatsword; lathanderites have many fire-based offensive spells, so ill get his spellcraft up to 10 so i can give him spirit of flame => almost as bad as a sorcerer

-drow paladin[2] ranger[1] rogue[1] mage[x] with 20 INT and 2 daggers; 20 int= lots of skill points, so i wont need more rogue levels....perhaps add 1 rogue level in HoF mode

-tiefling ranger[1] barbarian[1] fighter[x] as dex-based tank with short swords

-half-orc barbarian[1] cleric of tempus[x] with greataxe and a maxed STR

-drow sorcerer[x]

-human necromancer[x]

now im aware of the deep gnome combination that gives an insane AC, but i dont like deep gnomes. i also think ill leave the half-orc, since i already have a lot of good tanks ANd a cleric; ill swith him with an elf bow-wielding fighter...i think...im pondering over that slot...i AM gonna take 6 characters, no question about that...what do you think? i see some real potential here

EDIT: i think i will, again, go for a human fighter dual wielding bastard swords...i love those....yeah, that'll be great, no?

EDIT2: crap, i just realised a tiefling has rogue as favored class....ill just take fighter then

[ July 13, 2005, 20:40: Message edited by: Arianyr ]

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Spellcraft required for elemental feats: skill points + Int modifier = 10

Rouge 2 gives Evasion

Your HalfOrc is the only one who will have decent damage capability. Dont bother replacing him with any ranged chaecter.

Get the 'Forgotten Armor and Weapons' and 'Better Bastard Swords' components of EoU.

Chuck the Tiefling.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't you need ranks in Spellcraft for the elemental feats, rather than your effective Spellcraft skill?

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Erm ... what?

If you mean that a charecter must spend enough skill points in Spellcraft get get 10 ranks, regardless of the effect of the Int modifier, then that is incorrect.

I learnt that the hard way. My dumbass Cleric needed the fire and electrical feats and 10 ranks didn't suffice. Later I noticed that it works both ways, so my mages only put 5/6 points in Spellcraft now.

7. Mudde Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Arianyr
    You could try a halforc Barbarian 1/Druid X and maybe add more barb-lvls when he learns enough spells (after about 20 lvls druid). I have one in the party Im using now and it's a lot of fun to have both a strong cleric (Dwarf Fi 4/DreadmasterX in my case, almost like your Aasimar), and a strong druid. They can easily beat most types of enemies with melee-fighting and helps my wiz and sorc with the heavy blasting-spells.

8. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

actually, i kept the party the way i first posted it. my tiefling is the best currently, followed by my half-orc. now i'm gonna give my half-orc 1 level in barbarian. now i have 2 tanks, 1 rogue and a whopping 5 spellcasters. i know the tiegling is kinda the weakest member in my team, but ill keep him, i kinda like him. besides, he gets tons of hp, good AC and attack (he's dex-based so raising dex helps both attack and AC, but not damage, unfortunately) AND he can sneak. im gonna give the drow a second level of rogue i think.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Strange. For all I know, D&D rules want ranks here, not the final skill value. In PNP, you need raw ranks for such things.

10. Arianyr Gems: 4/31

the description of spirit of flame says 'the ability to cast 3rd level spells and 10 ranks in spellcraft'
    maybe your cleric couldnt take it yet because he could only cast 2nd level spells? still that wouldn't explain the fact that your mages only need 5 or 6....weird....it works the normal way for me

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.