1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Themed parties!! Woo hoo!!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by JiggaJay, Nov 5, 2005.

1. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What would the theme be, Harborboy? I'm not sure if powergaming is a theme :p

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The theme would be "all-drow".

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Klorox- thanks for the 'order of the stick' link; hadn't seen that before, very funny...

wouldn't Elan be CG instead of NG (I thought his mother was CG, and plus, that would make him the exact opposite of Nale, who's LE...)

and Belkar *could* be a ghostwise halfling, thus avoiding xp penalties for the barb level...

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

LOL, who knows, Bion? :)

BTW, Drizzt fanboys, he's got 1 level of Barbarian.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    How about:

Destiny - Cleric of Oghma, male, TN, LG, or NG
    Death - Thief, female TN
    Dream - sorcerer, male, specializing in conjuring and illusion spells, CG?
    Despair - Cleric of Ilmater, female grey dwarf/gnome LE
    Desire - Bard/Sorcerer, specializing in enchantment, NE
    Delirium - undecided, female, bit of everything, mish-mash of this and that, and definitely CN

This should be an HoF - party, leveling up quickly, thus complementing the fact that they are not super-powerful right at the beginning.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ichor - what is the theme there (other than a bunch of emotional and/or physical states beginning with the letter 'D')?

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh, it's the entities from Neil Gaiman's 'Sandman' - comic-book.

8. Twin Scimitars Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hi, just played my all-drow team which was partly inspired by this thread as well as from the stories about the drow raiding parties.

sidetracking a little, just sharing some game experiences on this all-drow team :

- day blindness :
    in the day and under the open sky, all of them suffer penalties from the blinding sun. didnt foresee that, so whenever i have to fight in the day, eg. targo's defence at the palisade, i would try to rest in the day and fight in the night.

- magical resistance :
    most of the magic aimed at my drow party were resisted successfully, hence making them quite impervious to most magical assaults.

- relatively weak tanks :
    most of the drow in my party do not have high constitution nor strength, but rely on high dexterity and finesse to get through their fights. their high dexterity makes them quite hard to hit but when they incur a critical hit by a giant, that will almost be squashed to pulp.

- shadowy characters :
    most of them, with their high dexterity and hide feats, make them very good at hiding at ambushing enemies.

- good ranged characters :
    their high dexterity also make them very good ranged attackers. most of the drow in my team are armed with heavy/light crossbows (sorry, no mini crossbows in this game) and when all of them target one enemy in the game, that enemy will go down either in a round or in no time.

- more dialogue opportunities
    due to their race and probably their high charisma, i get additional dialogue opportunites at times. most of the NPCs distrust and hate drow vehemently.

- slower to get to the next level
    due to the special race, there is a two level penalty, but being all drow, it takes a while to get to the next level, but that makes me plan my choice of multiclass and feats more carefully.

overall, it is a very fun experience. just last night, i tried to recapture the shaegaern bridge from the invaders. i know it was a timed mission, and failure to take down the 2 giantkin on time will result in the bridge being destroyed. i think i cleared this level in (my) record time. the drow raiding team just took the most direct path to the 2 giantkins and cut down every minions that stood in their path very efficiently and brutally. i wonder how they will fare in the underdark ... :)

9. Bion Gems: 21/31

heh, good idea Ichor...

Destiny: like the oghma idea; especially TN...
    Death: the TN rogue makes sense; with a bit of necromancer mixed in maybe?
    Dream: tough one on the alignment; would he be chaotic or just a loner?
    Desire: sounds good...
    Despair: a cleric of bane, perhaps?

And if you want a tank, replace Delirium (wouldn't know what do to with her anyway) with:

Destruction: LG/NG fighter?

10. Harbourboy

I'm in Narnia mode at the moment so here is my through the wardrobe party:

Peter - Human Paladin LG
    Susan - Human Ranger LG
    Edmund - Human Fighter CG
    Lucy - Human Cleric NG
    Jadis - Aasimar Sorcerer LE

I'm sure I could dream up some story why these five managed to team up together.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Isn't destruction CE, especially if despair is evil and dream chaotic? I don't see why destruction should be good-aligned, Bion.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Chevalier: Maybe you have a point there, I don't see it either that Destruction should be good aligned, but I don't see him evil either. Well...not a :evil: character anyways. That's more Desires thing.

Describing the seven on a chaotic - lawful -scale makes sense, but on a good - evil -scale doesn't make that much. It's more on what the verbal description says about the persons who usually fit the categories. For instance, Dream's CG, because he goes his own way and doesn't abide the rules, but he doesn't intend bad things to happen to people. Desire on the other hand is NE, because (s)he has no qualms at all to betray anybody to get what (s)he wants.

But maybe it's the descriptions that fail. Just because someone's CE doesn't make him a rampaging monster :rolleyes: ...And maybe some bad things happening are sometimes required to make new, better and good things...Maybe that makes me NG or TN :hmm:

13. Bion Gems: 21/31

yeah, it's possible... I kinda had the impression of Destruction being honorable... taking care of Delirium etc... but I haven't seen the entire series...

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Destruction might be honorable (loving the play of words on this one!), but he's quite ruthless. Don't know if that makes him evil though...

15. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Dead Three:

Bhaal the Assasin: Fighter(4) Rogue(x)
    Bane the Tyrant: Fighter(x)
    Myrkul the Necromancer: Duh, Necromancer(x), maybe some cleric?

Not sure as to what race to make these guys, I assumed that they were all humans before Jergal gave them their godhood. Would they be Tieflings, perhaps?

16. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Humans

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Actually, I can see Bane being a Fighter(4)/Dreadmaster of Bane(x). Makes sense :)

18. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Dependant upon how you see it, If you consider before they became gods, then beeing a dreadmaster of bane is imposible. Besides Bane is a tyrant, and was the fighter of the bunch.

If you consider after they became gods, then just go look in the FR hanteoms books and look up their avatars.

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'd like to have that party that was used in the IwD I manual, it's the same party you meet in IwD II in that fight in the graveyard when you get the Holy Avenger (or whatever the name of that paladin sword is)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.