1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thoughts for LOS v. 3

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by crucis, Feb 4, 2010.

1. roshan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have some suggestions:

Why not use the custom dll mod to add new feats to the game that could make existing classes more useful? For example, one could be able to add more "stars" to weapon proficiency feats for even more damage and attack bonuses (if one has high enough levels in fighter), and change toughness so that it gives more hit points (10 should be about right...)? These will make fighters more useful - as it is, theres not much point in taking fighter above four levels due to the lack of decent feats. Also, the bonus feats added to Paladins, Rogues and Rangers in LOS V2 would also be more useful.

Also, perhaps it should be possible to take additional ranks in feats such as dash, improved critical, lightning reflexes, iron will and great fortitude?

Perhaps additional ranks in two weapon fighting could give AC bonuses if an off hand weapon is equipped?

2. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Roshan, the Custom DLL mod is a separate mod from LOS. And while I happen to like these general ideas, I'm not really all that familiar with how Mindchild is/was able to figure out how to do his Custom DLL mod. Oh, I'm not really talking about the C++ programming with which I'm mildly familiar. I'm talking about how I don't know how he was able to write code to affect hardcoded Feats, without actually knowing the variable names used within the IWD2 code. I suppose he could have blindly experimented, or perhaps he has some sort of de-compiler that allowed him to look inside the IWD2 main program.

Anyways, this is why I've limited my class tweaks to things that can be doing by modifying 2DA files, or by simply creating items aimed at certain classes.

3. ljbtwsl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi,Crucis~About club of disruption.etc.

[​IMG] Sorry for my poor english.:p
    I get the club of disruption in lv6 of the game room.
    Since then,all undead&outsiders seems to be quite weak ,they could never survive 2 hits.
    I check the effdis14.spl File.And u made the will save penalty of the instant killing effect a 14(originally 4,fortitude save).
    Imho,it makes all weapon with a disruption effect much too overpowered and all undead&outsider(found everywhere thruout the game) less powerful than they should be。
    Thinking of making some changes in v3?:rolleyes:

4. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

Will save penalty? But what's the resulting DC then?

DC 14 for the original weapon seems about right - that'd be DC 10 base plus 4 for the penalty. Thus the new one would be DC 24 - quite OP in normal mode but completely in line in HOF if you ever want to be able to disrupt anyone without a critical miss saving throw...

5. roshan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Wonder what the big deal with disruption weapons is? There's barely any undead in Icewind Dale 2. Most of the undead are summons by enemies. The only real "undead level" is the outskirts of Kuldahar and all the undead there are pathetic at that point, so all the disruption items do is save you some time and trouble.

Oh yeah, there's the outside of the Severed Hand, but those orcs aren't exactly difficult to take out either. I don't even remember switching to the club of disruption to deal with them.

6. spmdw45 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Disruption effects also work on demons. Demons + Undead is a significant chunk of the opposition. That said, I rarely use disruption weapons either, since ranged weapons are more effective.

-Max

7. lendial Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Personally, I would love to see more magical rings and amulets in normal mode that provide small but meaningful bonuses such as +5 hp rings/necklaces found in late ch1, +10hp rings/necklaces in ch2-3 etc etc, 1/- or 2/- bludgeon/slashing/piercing resistance.

Most of the time you have rings that give you +1 to skills or negligible elemental resistance or you would not have any magical accessories at all till late late into normal mode unless you were extremely lucky with random drops( i lucked out on a +2 int ring from the body of the verbeeg near the lodging village in ch1). many rings are also completely random drops such as ring of beauty +1 char(meaningless but still interesting), ring of charm(+2 charisma) drops off of dolon but you have to kill the monks.

Also, where on earth does harshom's arcane ring drop? I'm fairly certain its not from harshom.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.