1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Blue Lantern? There's blue lantern? :skeptic:

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Gaming is calling to me, but I shall stay strong and resist: I've got to do Uni work. I must...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] There are seven lanterns, each draw power from an emotion or state.

Green - Willpower
    Yellow - Fear
    Blue - Hope
    Red - Rage
    Orange - Avarice
    Indigo - Compassion
    Violet - Love

There are also Black Lantern Corps which are basically dead heroes and lanterns who are given black rings and turn into pretty much invincible zombies who can only recharge the power of their rings by killing someone and ripping their heart out.

You can tell I live with a comic nerd, can't you? :shake:

4. Triactus

Media:
    wtf? Is that new or something? I read most of the Hal Jordan comics when I was a kid as well as the newer Kyle Rayner ones. There was always only green lanterns and yellow cancelled their powers... :confused:

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Filmed for 10 hours yesterday, then passed out in bed and slept for almost 12 hours.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No fog yet... strange, and amazing.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Mr. 'Superman' there has the best costume, because when the waitress comes over, he can just button up his shirt and claim that he's treating his "special needs" class to dinner. :evil:

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

So, I just wrote this:
    Code:
    self.analPanel = wx.Panel(self, -1, (100, 100), (100, 100))
    And came back to it ten minutes later:
    'Anal Panel? WTF?! ... oh wait. Analysis Panel.'

Beware of how you shorten variable names. The result may be alarming.

9. Triactus

Media:
    D'oh! I was playing the drums in rockband and the neighbour underneath my appartment called me saying she couldn't sleep (even though it was 9 pm, she's elderly, so it was night time for her). My friend and I played until midnight yesterday and she said that we kept her up... :bad:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Tri, where's the problem?

11. Triactus

Media:
    The said neighbour is my girlfriend's grandmother... :bad:

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    That's just because you were so awesome on Rockband that she didn't want to go to bed (right?)

@Aik
    Then don't use camel-case :p

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Yay for Win 7 - ancient family scanner is apparently incompatible with it, so I get it for my laptop. The adapter is also fried and replaced with another one from... some-other-thing-with-wires I guess, so it will be fun seeing if it works. (I'm certainly not leaving it unattended, though. :p )

I wonder what kind of weather the bear predicted...

Oh and my 10th (and final) semester of undergraduate studies begins tomorrow. School.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Heh, our flat gets quite a few noise complaints from below: other than the usual about making noise late at night, we've had a complaint about our pinball machine (which we really wish that we had) and about a girl that comes over on Tuesday and Wednesday nights- she's apparently very loud. The last one is true; you can always hear them. Always.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I spent the entirety of Valentine’s Day with my baby who I love dearly. After last night, I know she loves me just as much, if not more! :love:

I upgraded my car with OEM fog lights, replaced a bunch of burnt out bulbs inside her, and gave her 2 new hood lifts!

Scared you, didn't I? :p

I'm not done with her either...I've got huge plans for today! :bigeyes:

I'm going to install an OEM auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass today. I'm also going to mod the fog light switch so I can turn them on whenever I want...right now the headlights *have* to be on for the fogs to come on; which defeats the purpose of having fog lights IMO...

In other, less awesome, news....I'm have to go see my optometrist again sometime today. This new brand of contacts he gave me to try suck! Yeah, they’re supposed to let 6 times more oxygen through to your eye, they go in easier than any brand, and they’re supposed to be all sorts of pure awesomeness…but they’re also 2.5 times the price of Acuvue 2, they’re uncomfortable as all hell in my left eye, and they’re an absolute b**ch to take out!!! :nolike:
    I’m think of trying the Acuvue 2 Oasis…

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I am blue in the face.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Another evening shift. And I have an odd shift labeled as "Training" this week. Woo, slightly more responsabilities.

Whatever.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Backups are a most wonderful idea.

Especially when OCR software decides it's an art critic :p

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Did your significant other beat you up again? :p

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I use the Acuve Oasis. While I haven't tried all that many other types of lenses, these are definitely my favourites. Easy in and easy out the vast majority of the time. Assuming that I haven't put one in inside-out, they are also comfortable when being worn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.