1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    My bottle is still half full and I had nine hours of sleep so I'm fully rested and ready for the week end. :)

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Bah, still sicklish seven weeks after I got the flu, and all my doctor prescribes me is essentially: Have no life, or as he put it: Give your body some rest. If you need to work, rest afterwards i.e. sleep at least 8 hours. Do nothing on the weekends. Not that he isn't right, it's just that it sucks.

Generally, I get up at 6:30, leave at 7:15, arrive at work 8-ish and work till 18-ish or 19-ish, arrive at home at 19:00 or 20:00 or later when I do food shopping, and then I got two, three or less hours to eat, rest, do my house work and/or maintain social contact before I am supposed to go to bed? Awesome prospect.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just received a bag of liquorice: haven't had this for ages. Good times. In regards to drinking: not drunk yet, but this weekend should be pretty interesting...

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    *curses*

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Welcome to *my* life. It consists of Eat, Work, Sleep, School, repeat. I wake up on Wednesday at 6pm so I can be in the fab by 7am. I work 12 hours, go home and eat, and then I have ~2 hours to play on the PC...then it's off to bed for a repeat scenario for the rest of the work week (Saturday morning at 7am on our short weeks, and Sunday morning at 7am on our long weeks). Sunday is my only *real* day off from work/school so I cram as much activity as possible in to that day. Monday I have school, Tuesday I have school...I do my housekeeping during these two days. I also have to stay up all night Tuesday to get back in my sleep schedule...which leads us back to Wednesday. >.<

But this isn't the work/school ranting thread, so I'll shut up about my s**ty routine of a life I live. :bad:

So on Tuesday I dropped over $700 on a new Mt. bike. I haven't had a bike since my youth-sized Mt. bike completely rusted solid in my parent's back yard over 8 years ago. I didn't want a sub-$100 piece of crap that wasn't going to last more than 2 years...so after spending 2+ hours at a local bike shop, I decided on the 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0. :love:
    I was hoping to get a dual-suspension bike...but those suckers start at $1200, which was way over my price range.

So now I need to add toys to it, but OMFG!!! a good headlight is over $200! I can get a pair of OEM front headlights for my car for less than that! :eek:

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm staying at my parents house... I'm having to use the cat for warmth. :rolleyes:

7. Kitrax

Media:
    WTF? :skeptic:

Last I checked, most things inside any house are flamable...problem solved! :evil: :p :evil:

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Currently following Easy-E's advice. Lots of fog.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Fog is good.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Kit - True. But my mother gave the spare key to my grandmother as she is feeding the cat next week.

Which means I cannot open the windows or either door into the house.

I made myself a cup of soup. I was holding it for warmth before it was drinkable and the cat is now mostly blind - didn't see I was holding something and jumped on my lap.

So now I am cold with mild scalding. Irony.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I see that, despite my warnings, some idiot has pushed T2 over 2,000 rep points. So far, the world doesn't seem to be coming to an end, but it's early. I also note that "T2Bruno has a reputation beyond repute". If by "beyond", it means the next word in the dictionary, then I think the next word is "reputeless", so yeah. That works.

:p

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "I HAVE THE POWER!!!!"

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmmpphh.....Well, any respectable Sorcerer's member that "HAS THE POWER" would start by creating BG3.... :cool:

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Dito.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
  15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

1490 blocks on Columns. Considering how insanely hard things get at high level, this deserves some fog. And I REALLY, REALLY want a Master System now.

[​IMG]

I love Columns. I have no problems playing this game for hours and I'm not even going to get bored.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
    Kitrax likes this.
  16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I love Planescape. *dances*

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Woah there. That's a bit drastic isn't it? I'm sure she's flammable and all, but really? :p

He's not kidding: I'd say his power level has broken the 9000-barrier.

Kitrax likes this.
  18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I feel like a demented bishop choking on formaldehyde.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I thought someone would mention Skeletor by now....

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Meh...you'll blow a fuse sooner or later. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.