1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Holes in the purse as well? ;-)

Sounds like a fun weekend, there's SOMETHING happening , at least...

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not had a good day today.

About 1am this morning, there was a load of static from the baby monitor. We woke up, figured Ashley had turned the monitor off in his room so we turned off the speaker and went to sleep.

Anyway, Rob woke me at 7am because a pipe had burst in kitchen, flooded all of downstairs and tripped the electrics (our room is in the extension of the house and on a different fuse box, hence not realising the electricity had gone out!). There was 2 inches of water in the kitchen, living room and hall and it took us 3 hours to get rid of the water!
    We have wood flooring and the water has swelled up the boards so that they crack. Luckily (I guess), the kitchen was only fitted in June so it's still under warrenty and the company who fitted it are replacing the floor on their insurance

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least you have a set now ... even if they are tired.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's a pretty bad day indeed.

Interesting example of colloquialism. Is it a common American expression? I'd like to know its origin, I've googled it but the results were not satisfactory.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No, I just add balls onto a lot of sayings.

Like, "It's cold as balls out here," or, "That's balls sweet, man." Not sure of it's origin, but I am sure T2 could think up something clever for it :p

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Here we have a saying: "That of which the heart is filled, the mouth overflows" perhaps that is what you were looking for :p

7. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Oh yes, getting that drunk requires an investment.

I'd say that's clever enough. I thought someone might manage a reference like that. I am not disappointed.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I love not having any rent!* :love:
    Living at my parent's house sucks balls though. :nolike:

On the plus side, I've been blowing all that money I would have normally spent on rent on toys for my bike, my car, my computer, and my stomach! :love:

(* - Because I'm a good son, I'm upgrading my dad's computer this month as pseudo-rent. I've lived here for ~5 months, so a $600-$700 upgrade is cake compared to the $2,500 in rent I would have had to pay if I still lived at home with my evil whore of an ex-wife...)

9. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I don't know. I can't stand living with my parents. They're nice and everything, but I need to be on my own two feet, to be among my things. I just feel on vacation right now, it's not the best vibe to get on with my life. I have found an apartement and I'm moving in the 13th, a little less than a month since i've been at my parents...

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I stayed round my parents for five days.

I nearly went homocidal. I can't stand it, moving out was the most calming thing to happen to me, but means staying round there drives me absolutely nuts now.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Aftrer years of living by myself I don't think I could trade that luxury for anything. There's nothing as soothing as getting back home and after a long day at work / a fun night out / anything really, with the knowledge that the rest of the evening is all mine, all to myself. I was forced to give this up for the early months of 2009 and that made me realise just how much I value my personal space.

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    While I agree with you, I must say that what beats even that is coming home to somebody you love... :(

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Ah, but coming back to your personal space AFTER having spent the evening/night with someone you love... heaven! :cool:

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Living alone beats having roommates, that's sure.

I've been living alone in a flat since I was 15, but I go home for weekends and holidays, so technically I still live with my parents :)
    I love going home, mind you.

Had a roommate for a few months once - felt like strangling her, though there was nothing really wrong with her.

There are days when I just need to have no one around.

Not to mention that making one's own schedule for meals, sleep, study and gaming is bliss.

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's no way I could move back to my mums now! Rob and I moved in there for a few months while our first house was being built and it was HELL! Mind you, Ashey was born while we were living there and him being so ill probably didn't help the hellishness

16. Tillix Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I was living with flatmates all my live but moved in a flat with my girlfriend some months ago.
    Allthough it's MORE space, it's less your-very-very-own space.
    I have to admit i totally understand ziad for that reason, it's way harder to just close a door now than it was with flatmates...

17. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Living alone is the only way to live.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  18. Silvery

Media:
    Just had a door-to-door salesman round...he was selling fish.

That was odd

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Actually slept in today... oops.

20. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Caradhras likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.