1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Currently enjoying apple-flavored hookah. Damn, it's good.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

37 hours since I last slept. 3 all nighters in the last 6 days, 7 total this school year. I am ridiculous and need to do less and take fewer classes.

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :lol:

You don't know my dad.

"No, thank you" is the acceptable social phrase for them to keep asking and put actual conviction into it. :p

Seriously, the only way out is to actually drink the stuff.

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I fired up Starcraft last night, only to find the graphics had gone all funny. I would reinstall it, but all my game cases are packed away at the moment, including their CD keys >.< All I have around are the disks.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I think I know exactly what you mean. I have a friend who is an excellent cook but always keeps insisting and won't take no for an answer. It's no use telling her you're full.

According to some Eastern/Mediterranean cultures it is particularly rude to accept something without first refusing at least once (if not twice).

My friend is a Brit so I'm not sure that in her case it's cultural. :shake:

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It is cultural :p

Brits tend to have an expectation of politeness of guests wherein a guest will not act as an imposition intentionally. Thus the refusal of food or drink is seen as an attempt not to deprive the host of their own food. As the host the are obliged to see their guests desires are met and use their own judgement on how much to give the guest.

Overall it's better to provide too much food than too little, then ou can retire to the next room completely satiated to enjoy drinks and conversation while you relax and digest your meal :)

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    When you keep offering food, it is at your own risk of course:

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I once ate a whole 12-pack of bacon in one sandwich. It went very well with a pint mug full of tea. Yummeh!

...Just keeping the food theme going.

Edit: I've been watching Archer, and it's fething hilarious. Cheers for the recommendation, Kit :)

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Mmm, apple flavored hookahs :yum:

10. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    For a moment there, I thought you meant apple flavoured hookers.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    We should introduce your dad to my dad's aunt. They'll get along marvelously :D

She can be very convincing too - she'll just set the food/drink in front of you and keep adding to it until it's ready to overflow. You HAVE to drink faster than she pours to prevent the glass from spilling :shake:

I love her to bits too :)

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll drink it!

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wish I knew that back in my (attempted) dating days. :(

:p

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You mean you don't date anymore? I find that hard to believe :D

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My wife would probably object. At least I hope she would...

16. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I bet she's brought up the 'we should try seeing new people' line at least once...

On sorcerers on my new droid and it is awesome.

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So many thoughts that are probably for the MUG...even then they may be a bit much because I'm rather drunk

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Heh, that gave me a chuckle.

And Sil, your typing is too... clean for someone "rather drunk". I demand proof! :p :lol: :shake:

19. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm really starting to like Bioshock 2. Not as good as the first one really, but you can't say no to having a massive drill attached to your arm. Well, you can, but let's face it - Who would?

20. Silvery

Media:
    Proof? It took me 15 minutes to write that post last night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.